Old June 20th 06, 12:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Time to forget about FIDE+USCF+...

A lot of bytes are wasted on the discussion
about the USCF+CL versus GM Larry Evans.
Such discussions are futile, aimless and illogical.

Sure, the top USCF bureaucrats will always
put their own stinky political interest ahead
of the needs of the USCF membership,
ahead of the interest of the US chess
playing public, ahead of the iointeresty of CL.
My whole sympathy is with GM Larry Evans,
one of the heros of the US chess, one of
the most entertaining chess writers, someone
who knows a lot the chess history from his
PERSONAL experience, who was a part
of that Chess History (capital C & H). And the
most important, GM Evans was principial,
always deserved respect for his honest
and human political stand. What a wonderful
contrast to the lowly political creatures
like Don Schultz and similar.

Nevertheless, it's time to ignore USCF,
I understand how difficult it must be
for GM Larry Evans, who remebers the
times when USCF was meaningful and
carrying some hope for better times.
USCF for long years was a reference point
to GM Evans. Today he is already 74 years
old (within half a year). Possibly it is difficult
for him (and perhaps for Larry Parr too) to
simpply forget USCF, to ignore the FIDE+USCF
corruption loaded combination.

But the rest of us, who care about the
world of chess, should be busy with
constructive actions which go around
FIDE+USCF, without even noticing
those bureaucrats (the epithet "bureaucrat"
in the context of chess is worse than "pig").

***

Here are a few basic, strongly interrelated items:

1. rating agencies,
2. class rating lists,
3. chess centers,
4. financially independent GMs and IMs,
5. chess teams attached to the sponsors
and not to the countries/nations

Indeed, if several companies had their
chess teams, it's be great for the players,
and it would provide more advertising
advantages to the sponsors than it has
place today (or let me know otherwise).

***

Herer is an ad hoc idea: ICC could manage
rating, for a fee, for any group of players.
Such rating lists would be totally independent
of the ICC membership rating list.
Then different groups of players would perhaps
be interested in merging their rating lists.

And for fun, ICC could try to (so to speak
unofficially) merge all ratings, within the
common sense. initially, it'd be presented
as a curiosity. But everybody would gain
important experience about the ratings in general.
It could contribute to a smooth introduction
of a future universal rating. ICC would induce
people into playing more chess this way, so
that both the chessical and the business gains
could be significant.

***

Regards,

Wlod
Furthermore

Old June 20th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Forget ICC, FICS is free and has a larger base of players.
It also uses a superior rating system than ICC.

- CF

Old June 20th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

[...]

http://www.chess-express.com/

If all one is looking for is a rating, you could do a lot worse than
Chess Express.

However, since clubs have to be sold on this, very few people/clubs use
it (in comparison to the USCF), and most tournaments are USCF-rated,
I'm afraid we're all a captive audience.

Old June 20th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

[...]

Hardly. ICC ratings are rather legitimate, especially in the one-minute
pool.

--
"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, Eastern
District of PA Judge

Old June 20th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Ray Gordon wrote:

Hardly. ICC ratings are rather legitimate, especially in the one-minute
pool.

--
"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, Eastern
District of PA Judge
From Parker v. Google, E.D.Pa. #04-cv-3918

I hope that everyone will note that this particular posting is by the
Real Ray Gordon.

You can tell by looking at his other postings about the court cases he
has filed and the strippers he has seduced.

The other Ray Gordons are all fake.

Old June 20th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

samsloan wrote:

Ray Gordon wrote:

Hardly. ICC ratings are rather legitimate, especially in the one-minute
pool.

--
"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick, Eastern
District of PA Judge
From Parker v. Google, E.D.Pa. #04-cv-3918

I hope that everyone will note that this particular posting is by the
Real Ray Gordon.

You can tell by looking at his other postings about the court cases he
has filed and the strippers he has seduced.

The other Ray Gordons are all fake.

Sam Sloan

Don't kiss my ass. I'm never gonna vote for you. You're a child
molester and a scumbag, You raped those minors and you should be in
jail.

--
"Google maintains the USENET." -- The Honorable R. Barclay Surrick,
Eastern
District of PA Judge
From Parker v. Google, E.D.Pa. #04-cv-3918

Old June 20th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

But the rest of us, who care about the
world of chess, should be busy with
constructive actions which go around
FIDE+USCF, without even noticing
those bureaucrats (the epithet "bureaucrat"
in the context of chess is worse than "pig").

Another chessplayer who wishes to abuse the rights of a soverign
nation. What if I **** CHESS? What if I hurt your game?

I think I am going to HURT THE IMAGE OF CHESS.

FIDE has excluded us from the world Chess championship. Your statement
is OFFENSIVE. Why don't we forget YOU.

Marcus Roberts
President
Charleston Chess Association
St Kitts and Nevis
The West Indies

Old June 20th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (wlod) wrote:

You said that you are a millionaire many
times over (you're a poor man's Bill Gates).
Thus create a couple of chess centers.
It won't cost you too much. It may even
bring you some profit. After a while, those
who do it at the right time will actually
do well. It may be you. Thus instead of
****ING AROUND do something constructive
for a change. Will you, moron?

Wlod

Look, why don't you go **** yourself. I think I am going to use my
money to hurt chess, especially scholistic chess, in the United States.

Have a nice day!

Marcus Roberts