Old October 13th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.magyar

Default Postings disrespectful of Grandmaster Alexandra Kosteniuk

Postings disrespectful of Grandmaster Alexandra Kosteniuk

With regard to my recent lawsuit against Truong and Polgar, I have
received an inquiry as to whether persistent attacks on Grandmaster
Alexandra Kosteniuk could possibly have arisen from Polgar or Truong.

Frankly, I had been unaware that anybody had been attacking
Grandmaster Kosteniuk and for that reason I had never thought about
the subject.

Grandmaster Kosteniuk is perhaps best known for the remark made by
Bobby Fischer while in prison in Japan. Boris Spassky said that if
Fischer was guilty of anything, then Spassky was guilty too, so he
offered to join Fischer in his prison cell.

To this, Fischer replied that he did not want Spassky in his prison
cell. He wanted Grandmaster Kosteniuk in his cell nstead. (This was,
no doubt, due to her superior chess playing abilities.)

I do not know Grandmaster Kosteniuk personally. I met her once, but
very briefly. However, she is known to be a nice and gracious lady and
everybody who knows her seems to like her.

Thus, I was shocked to hear that some unknown person has been posting
nasty remarks about Grandmaster Kosteniuk everywhere, on such places
as the Wikipedia Encyclopedia, chessgames.com on her own blog at
kosteniuk.com and on the Susan Polgar blogspot.

I have found that these nasty remarks have been reverted from the
Wikipedia Encyclopedia, from chess games.com and also from her own
website. I was asked to match the IP numbers in view of the
possibility that whomever was posting these nasty remarks might be the
same person as the Fake Sam Sloan.

It has been obvious for a long time that Paul Truong does not like
Grandmaster Kosteniuk. During 2004, publicity photos of Grandmaster
Kosteniuk appeared in almost every issue of Chess Life Magazine.
Truong strenuously objected to this. Here is a letter posted by Truong
on April 22, 2004:

"I believe Susan stated something like this in one of her
correspondents. Are we all so ugly or play so bad chess that the USCF
has to use the picture of one of our main competitors to promote chess
in Chess Life?? Not one person dare to answer this. That is such an
insult to some of our players. Where is our national pride?? Others
see nothing wrong with this.? Why not use Irina, Jennifer, Rusa, Anna
or the entire team?? Are they truly so ugly that the federation has to
hide them?"

It was not obvious from this letter that what Truong was objecting to
was that Alexandra Kosteniuk's picture was appearing in every issue of
Chess Life and what he wanted was for Susan Polgar's picture to be in
every issue of Chess Life instead. However, before long, that is what
he got.

Another problem Truong had was Kosteniuk's chess rating was always
higher than Polgar's. This was a real problem with Mr. Truong because
his official line is that Polgar is the World Chess Champion, whereas
in reality Polgar was not even the highest rated woman in the US.
Kosteniuk, who lives in Florida, was always higher rated.

Truong solved that problem by the simple expedient of having Kosteniuk
kicked off the top-player rating lists.

The last month that Kosteniuk was listed as the top rated woman in the
US was October 2005:

http://www.uschess.org/ratings/top/0510/Women.php

On the next list, which was December 2005, Kosteniuk's name had
disappeared. This was the first time EVER that Polgar had been listed
as number one in America, because Kosteniuk had always been rated
higher. Polgar has since been dropped from the top-player lists due to
inactivity.

I knew that Polgar felt a strong sense of rivalry with Kosteniuk
especially since Kosteniuk is 15 years younger and is considered more
attractive, but it had never occurred to me that Truong would directly
attack Kosteniuk until I received a phone call from Russia two days
ago asking me to investigate this possibility. I was quite unprepared
for what I found, which is that Susan Polgar's blog spot is filled
with attacks on Kosteniuk.

Also, Kosteniuk is criticized for calling herself a "world champion",
even though Polgar does the same thing, and more often.

Here are some examples. Remember that Polgar aggressively deletes any
comment she disagrees with, so comments by supposed anonymous posters
can be deemed to reflect her own views. Here, in one of the most
recent comments, Kosteniuk is called a "Lolita" and her husband Diego
Garces is called a pedophile. Anybody familiar with the actual book
Lolita would hardly call the 23-year-old Kosteniuk a "Lolita" nor
would anyone else call 48-year-old Diego a "pedophile" just for having
a 23-year-old wife.

Yet, here are comments directly from susanpolgar.blogspot.com :

Anonymous said...
Yes scugrad.

Alexandra Kosteniuk disappointed me so much.
By my classification this almost a marriege between a pedophile and
lollita. Disgusting.
I'm glad to hear her newborn is healthy an ok, however.
Thursday, June 21, 2007 12:36:00 PM

Anonymous said...
He's about 3 times her age when they met. It's kind of sick to have a
website for the baby already showing intimate stuff.
Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:10:00 PM

Oh my God! You're right. I didn't know Judit Polgar has a USCF rating.
But the information shown on the us chess website clearly proves that
Kosteniuk lied.

I guess it's expected.
Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:58:00 PM

(Of course the explanation for the above is probably that Kosteniuk
actually resides in Florida. Judit Polgar last played in the US in
1998 and has never actually resided in America so she would not be on
any top-players lists.)

Anonymous said...
Kosteniuk has no class. You can tell by her website which is extremely
distasteful. She seems to be more a slut than chess player!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:07:00 PM ?

Anonymous said...
Kosteniuk now claims that she's the #1 chess promoter in the world.
How arrogant! What a bold face liar! Just like she's a 3-time world
champion. What a joke!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:08:00 PM ?

Anonymous said...
One of the more pathetic things is that she is trying to pass herself
off as a model. I don't know about any of you but I can't figure out
what she can model....maybe she is a toe model 'cause the rest of her
is pretty bad
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:50:00 PM ?

Anonymous said...
I agree with you. I just don't see it. That's why she's so willing to
take it off. I take Shahade, Skripchenko, Zatonskih or many other
female chess players over Kosteniuk any day. What I dislike most about
her is her dishonesty. She's making bogus claims too many times. If
the husband is the one who does it then get rid of him. Isn't he twice
her age?

Vladimir
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:59:00 PM

Interesting that the comment above by Valery Klimovich mentions
Alexandra Kosteniuk: today, 4/23, is also Alexandra's birthday!

That's kinda stunning considering that on April's FIDE rankings, as
Susan's post points out, Pia is ranked #4 , while Alexandra is ranked
#3, at 2520 and 2540 respectively!

I guess April 23rd ranks as a special chess date.
Sunday, April 23, 2006 5:08:00 PM ?

Valery Klimovich said...
Pia was the #1 player in the world Kosteniuk will never be. Stop your
stupid arrogance. Pia was the 3rd woman in history to earn the GM
title with 3 norms and 2500 rating as Susan pointed out. Kosteniuk got
her GM title by winning the European Women's Championship and they
changed the rules because of Kosteniuk. Get lost. If you want to
worship Kosteniuk and her Penthouse garbage, go to her site.
Sunday, April 23, 2006 7:23:00 PM

Anonymous said...
Who cares about Kosteniuk? She's just another average GM. What's the
big deal?
Monday, April 24, 2006 12:06:00 PM ?

vadim said...
Because Kosteniuk shamefully lies too much. Why claim 3-time world
champion when she won 3 girls' championship, not even women's world
championship? Why claim #1 in the US when she's Russian? And she's not
even #1 in the US. Shameful lies.
Friday, September 08, 2006 5:49:00 PM ?

Qxh7 said...
I wonder why Kosteniuk's supporters choose to support her lies and
deceit?
Friday, September 08, 2006 6:00:00 PM

SusanPolgar said...
I must ask once again for everyone to please show Alexandra Kosteniuk
the proper respect. I certainly do not agree with some of her
decisions. However, that does not mean that she deserves to be
disrespected.

This post was to wish my friend Pia a happy birthday. It has nothing
to do with anyone else. Why bring others into this post?

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
www.SusanPolgar.com
www.SusanPolgarFoundation.org