Old October 13th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa

Default Postings disrespectful of Grandmaster Alexandra Kosteniuk

Postings disrespectful of Grandmaster Alexandra Kosteniuk

With regard to my recent lawsuit against Truong and Polgar, I have
received an inquiry as to whether persistent attacks on Grandmaster
Alexandra Kosteniuk could possibly have arisen from Polgar or Truong.

Frankly, I had been unaware that anybody had been attacking
Grandmaster Kosteniuk and for that reason I had never thought about
the subject.

Grandmaster Kosteniuk is perhaps best known for the remark made by
Bobby Fischer while in prison in Japan. Boris Spassky said that if
Fischer was guilty of anything, then Spassky was guilty too, so he
offered to join Fischer in his prison cell.

To this, Fischer replied that he did not want Spassky in his prison
cell. He wanted Grandmaster Kosteniuk in his cell instead. (This was,
no doubt, due to her superior chess playing abilities.)

I do not know Grandmaster Kosteniuk personally. I met her once, but
very briefly. However, she is known to be a nice, sweet and gracious
lady and everybody who knows her seems to like her.

Thus, I was shocked to hear that some unknown person has been posting
nasty remarks about Grandmaster Kosteniuk everywhere, on such places
as the Wikipedia Encyclopedia, chessgames.com , on her own blog at
kosteniuk.com and on the Susan Polgar blogspot.

I have found that these nasty remarks have been reverted from the
Wikipedia Encyclopedia, from chess games.com and also from her own
website. I was asked to match the IP numbers in view of the
possibility that whomever was posting these nasty remarks might be the
same person as the Fake Sam Sloan.

It has been obvious for a long time that Paul Truong does not like
Grandmaster Kosteniuk. During 2004, publicity photos of Grandmaster
Kosteniuk, who was listed as the highest rated woman chess player in
the US, appeared in almost every issue of Chess Life Magazine. Truong
strenuously objected to this. Here is a letter posted by Truong on
April 22, 2004:

"I believe Susan stated something like this in one of her
correspondents. Are we all so ugly or play so bad chess that the USCF
has to use the picture of one of our main competitors to promote chess
in Chess Life? Not one person dare to answer this. That is such an
insult to some of our players. Where is our national pride? Others see
nothing wrong with this. Why not use Irina, Jennifer, Rusa, Anna or
the entire team? Are they truly so ugly that the federation has to
hide them?"

It was not obvious from this letter that what Truong was objecting to
was that Alexandra Kosteniuk's picture was appearing in every issue of
Chess Life and what he wanted was for Susan Polgar's picture to be in
every issue of Chess Life instead. However, before long, that is what
he got.

Another problem Truong had was Kosteniuk's chess rating was always
higher than Polgar's. This was a real problem with Mr. Truong because
his official line is that Polgar is the World Chess Champion, whereas
in reality Polgar was not even the highest rated woman in the US.
Kosteniuk, who lives in Florida, was always higher rated.

Truong solved that problem by the simple expedient of having Kosteniuk
kicked off the top-players rating lists.

The last month that Kosteniuk was listed as the top rated woman in the
US was October 2005:

http://www.uschess.org/ratings/top/0510/Women.php

Kosteniuk was kicked off the list because of a rule change that Truong
managed to push through. The rule change was announced on the
susanpolgar.blogspot.com at

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2005...f-top-100.html

On the next list, which was December 2005, Kosteniuk's name had
disappeared. This was the first time EVER that Polgar had been listed
as number one in America, because Kosteniuk had always been rated
higher. Polgar has since been dropped from the top-player lists due to
inactivity.

I knew that Polgar felt a strong sense of rivalry with Kosteniuk
especially since Kosteniuk is 15 years younger and is considered more
attractive, but it had never occurred to me that Truong would directly
attack Kosteniuk until I received a phone call from Russia two days
ago asking me to investigate this possibility. I was quite unprepared
for what I found, which is that Susan Polgar's blog spot is filled
with attacks on Kosteniuk.

Also, Kosteniuk is criticized for calling herself a "world champion",
even though Polgar does the same thing, and more often.

Here are some examples. Remember that Polgar aggressively deletes any
comment she disagrees with, so comments by supposed anonymous posters
can be deemed to reflect her own views. In one of the most recent
comments, Kosteniuk is called a "Lolita" and her husband Diego Garces
is called a pedophile. Anybody familiar with the actual book Lolita
would hardly call the 23-year-old Kosteniuk a "Lolita" nor would
anyone else call 48-year-old Diego a "pedophile" just for having a 23-
year-old wife.

Yet, here are comments directly from polgar.blogspot.com . These are
just a few of the hundreds of anti-Kosteniuk postings that appear on
the Polgar blog :

Anonymous said...
Yes scugrad.

Alexandra Kosteniuk dissapointed me so much.
By my classification this almost a marriage between a pedophile and
lollita. Disgusting.
I'm glad to hear her newborn is healthy an ok, however.
Thursday, June 21, 2007 12:36:00 PM

Anonymous said...
He's about 3 times her age when they met. It's kind of sick to have a
website for the baby already showing intimate stuff.
Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:10:00 PM

Oh my God! You're right. I didn't know Judit Polgar has a USCF rating.
But the information shown on the us chess website clearly proves that
Kosteniuk lied.

I guess it's expected.
Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:58:00 PM

(Of course the explanation for the above is probably that Kosteniuk
actually resides in Florida. Judit Polgar last played in the US in
1998 and has never actually resided in America so she would not be on
any top-players lists.)

Anonymous said...
Kosteniuk has no class. You can tell by her website which is extremely
distasteful. She seems to be more a slut than chess player!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:07:00 PM ?

Anonymous said...
Kosteniuk now claims that she's the #1 chess promoter in the world.
How arrogant! What a bold face liar! Just like she's a 3-time world
champion. What a joke!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:08:00 PM ?

Anonymous said...
One of the more pathetic things is that she is trying to pass herself
off as a model. I don't know about any of you but I can't figure out
what she can model....maybe she is a toe model 'cause the rest of her
is pretty bad
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:50:00 PM ?

Anonymous said...
I agree with you. I just don't see it. That's why she's so willing to
take it off. I take Shahade, Skripchenko, Zatonskih or many other
female chess players over Kosteniuk any day. What I dislike most about
her is her dishonesty. She's making bogus claims too many times. If
the husband is the one who does it then get rid of him. Isn't he twice
her age?

Vladimir
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:59:00 PM

Interesting that the comment above by Valery Klimovich mentions
Alexandra Kosteniuk: today, 4/23, is also Alexandra's birthday!

That's kinda stunning considering that on April's FIDE rankings, as
Susan's post points out, Pia is ranked #4 , while Alexandra is ranked
#3, at 2520 and 2540 respectively!

I guess April 23rd ranks as a special chess date.
Sunday, April 23, 2006 5:08:00 PM ?

Valery Klimovich said...
Pia was the #1 player in the world Kosteniuk will never be. Stop your
stupid arrogance. Pia was the 3rd woman in history to earn the GM
title with 3 norms and 2500 rating as Susan pointed out. Kosteniuk got
her GM title by winning the European Women's Championship and they
changed the rules because of Kosteniuk. Get lost. If you want to
worship Kosteniuk and her Penthouse garbage, go to her site.
Sunday, April 23, 2006 7:23:00 PM

Anonymous said...
Who cares about Kosteniuk? She's just another average GM. What's the
big deal?
Monday, April 24, 2006 12:06:00 PM ?

vadim said...
Because Kosteniuk shamefully lies too much. Why claim 3-time world
champion when she won 3 girls' championship, not even women's world
championship? Why claim #1 in the US when she's Russian? And she's not
even #1 in the US. Shameful lies.
Friday, September 08, 2006 5:49:00 PM ?

Qxh7 said...
I wonder why Kosteniuk's supporters choose to support her lies and
deceit?
Friday, September 08, 2006 6:00:00 PM

SusanPolgar said...
I must ask once again for everyone to please show Alexandra Kosteniuk
the proper respect. I certainly do not agree with some of her
decisions. However, that does not mean that she deserves to be
disrespected.

This post was to wish my friend Pia a happy birthday. It has nothing
to do with anyone else. Why bring others into this post?

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
www.SusanPolgar.com
www.SusanPolgarFoundation.org
Monday, April 24, 2006 1:48:00 PM

=========================

It gets worse. Here are some more anti-Kosteniuk postings on Susan's
blog:

Anonymous said...
I'm also glad to see Khalifman playing good chess again. I don't
understand the fabrication of Kosteniuk's resume? Why lie about
winning 3 world championships and being America's best? She's the top
rated woman player in Russia. Isn't she proud of that?
Saturday, September 09, 2006 2:34:00 AM

Hans said...
Anonymous said...
To end this discussion,Can we just have a 12 game match between Susan
Polgar and Sasha Kosteniuk? I have no doubt public interest and
sponsors will come in droves.

** Please don't come to Susan's blog and insult her. Kosteniuk has
never won a world championship. She's never #1 in the world. She has
never won an Olympic Gold. Susan won 4 Women's World Championships, 5
Olympic Gold, never been defeated in the Olympiad and she was #1 in
the world when she was 15. What's the debate?
Saturday, September 09, 2006 11:27:00 PM

Manny said...
I don't care much about all the lies of Kosteniuk. Personally, I think
it's low class to fake your acomplishments.
Sunday, September 10, 2006 6:40:00 AM

The above postings can be found on Susan's blog at the following
addresses:

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2007...-daughter.html

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2005...kosteniuk.html

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2006...en-thread.html

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2006...-cramling.html

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2006...f-russian.html

And here is another one at

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2006...s-her-due.html

Carmelo said...
Who cares about Kosteniuk? Go Humpy! Go India! Humpy is good for
chess. Kosteniuk is good for herself and her husband Diego.
Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:07:00 AM

Here is another example.

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2006...s-couples.html

Note that Susan tells the posters to be nice but she does not delete
the remarks about Kosteniuk and her $Daddy. Kosteniuk has never
claimed to be higher rated than Judit Polgar. She has merely claimed
to be higher rated than Susan Polgar, as she was:

Anonymous said...
Do you even read the list? They are on it already. The chess goddess
Kosteniuk and her $ daddy. LOL
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:29:00 PM

MiamiMaca said...
You mean the 2 ego maniac? Don't you know she's a three time World
Champion and they claim she's higher rated than Judit Polgar? How
pathetic!
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:30:00 PM

SusanPolgar said...
OK folks, let's be nice to everyone, OK? Thanks!

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
www.PolgarChess.com
www.SusanPolgar.com
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:34:00 PM

Again, there are hundreds of postings like this attacking Grandmaster
Alexandra Kosteniuk. To find them do an Advanced Search on Google for
the word Kosteniuk on susanpolgar.blogspot.com Every time you see the
word Kosteniuk you will find several attacks, far more than I could
possibly list here.

Also, above I have omitted the worst because the worst attacks involve
the use of banned words which are not allowed to be used on the USCF
Forums.

Old October 13th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa

When La Popessa writes that she certainly does not agree with all of
GM Kosteniuk's decisions, who really cares?

**How about you?

But Her Majesty just has to get in her puritanical two cents worth,
no matter what.

**Unlike me and you?

Polgar and Truong have brought the pile of slime that they are
currently swimming through upon themselves by posing as a couple of
moral exemplars who would clean up the USCF.

**How awful! Morals! Who needs 'em? We have come so far without resource to
morals, ethics and such, that we now have, population adjusted, less people
in USCF than after the Fischer boom

This is the same shrill
windbag who blasted Sam Sloan,

**Who famously during his term of office couldn't 'notice' my question about
if he could pass even a high-school background check?

only to show up herself on Howard
Stern, all in the name of promoting chess, of course.

**Tamed him though - was he ever so respectful? Reminds me of Fischer's
boast about giving knight odds to a woman, which he quit mentioning after he
played a few blitz games with our subject.

It seems as if Her Majesty and the Great Puppet are certainly raising
the public profile of themselves, albeit in a way that The Greatest
Chess Promoter of All Time had probably never reckoned.

**Like you, I am deeply jeaolous. First that she genuinely gets mainstream,
public attention, and second that he married her. Gosh! Are we real men if
we can't whine about this?

**But thanks for your contribution, whatever you name is. You see, there is
a 'challenge' going on right now about those who have values, and put their
names to them, and those who whine from the shadows. But thanks for sharing.

**Phil Innes, Vermont

Old October 13th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa

"Chess One" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

When La Popessa writes that she certainly does not agree with all of
GM Kosteniuk's decisions, who really cares?

who really cares about anything in the world of chess besides the results of
the games themselves? you're a buncha drama queens, with slammin' sammy at
the head of the court.

Old October 13th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

"captain." wrote in message
news:xxaQi.21964$%[email protected]

"Chess One" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

When La Popessa writes that she certainly does not agree with all of
GM Kosteniuk's decisions, who really cares?

who really cares about anything in the world of chess

I don't know - do you mean who cares enough to write about it?

besides the results of the games themselves? you're a buncha drama queens,
with slammin' sammy at the head of the court.

Yes - hardly worth objecting about. I agree! While its all about Sammy, and
almost everything is, in his opinion, then there ain't no chess action at
all, its all ego, for or against. pfft!

So what kinda chess you play, captain? I am playing more on-line
correspondence than anything else.

Phil Innes

[3 ngs cut]

Old October 14th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa

"captain." wrote in message
news:xxaQi.21964$%[email protected]

"Chess One" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

When La Popessa writes that she certainly does not agree with all of
GM Kosteniuk's decisions, who really cares?

who really cares about anything in the world of chess besides the results
of the games themselves? you're a buncha drama queens, with slammin' sammy
at the head of the court.

I think slammin, spammin, Sammy, aka Sambot the spambot, aka little whacked
Sambo, musta slammed down a few Jagermeisters before stompin' off on his
latest kirillian rant-o-rama.

Old October 14th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa

"Bionic Booger Boy" wrote in message

"captain." wrote in message
news:xxaQi.21964$%[email protected]

"Chess One" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

When La Popessa writes that she certainly does not agree with all of
GM Kosteniuk's decisions, who really cares?

who really cares about anything in the world of chess besides the results
of the games themselves? you're a buncha drama queens, with slammin'
sammy at the head of the court.

I think slammin, spammin, Sammy, aka Sambot the spambot, aka little
whacked Sambo, musta slammed down a few Jagermeisters before stompin' off
on his latest kirillian rant-o-rama.

are you saying that you actually read it? well... that makes one person at
least.

Old October 14th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,soc.culture.russian,soc.culture.usa

news:[email protected]

"captain." wrote in message
news:xxaQi.21964$%[email protected]

"Chess One" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

When La Popessa writes that she certainly does not agree with all of
GM Kosteniuk's decisions, who really cares?

who really cares about anything in the world of chess besides the
results of the games themselves? you're a buncha drama queens, with
slammin' sammy at the head of the court.

I think slammin, spammin, Sammy, aka Sambot the spambot, aka little
whacked Sambo, musta slammed down a few Jagermeisters before stompin' off
on his latest kirillian rant-o-rama.

are you saying that you actually read it? well... that makes one person at
least.

Whoops! Ya caught me. I gotta confess I never read kiril, Ilya Whutzizface
or Slammin' Sammy Sloan.