Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old October 14th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Rescuing Mig Greengard

I have discovered one of those Wikipedia assholes has been going
around trying to delete the biographies of famous chess personalities.
He has already deleted the biography of Mig Greengard and Ali Nihat
Yazici, President of the Turkish Chess Federation, and now he is
trying to delete the biographies of Bernard Zuckerman, Burt Hochberg,
Bill Hook and several others.

Since the biography of Mig Greengard was sent to the Wikipedia
Graveyard several months ago, I have decided to try to bring poor Mig
back to life. Not that Mig is any friend of mine, as indeed I am one
of his favorite targets for attack.

One reason these biographies get deleted is that, for a time, every
time I posted a chess biography on Wikipedia, I would announce it
here, and then our resident chess asshole Louis Blair would run to the
Biggest Wikipedia Asshole of them all, Guy Chapman, who has the screen
name "Just Another Guy", and get "Guy" to delete it. As a result, I
stopped announcing here that I had posted a chess biographies to
Wikipedia.

However, recently, Guy Champan, who was User:JzG , has left Wikipedia.
I hope he was banned, because he was by far the most abusive
administrator Wikipedia had. At about the same time, Louis Blair, our
own resident asshole, has disappeared too. (Were they the same
person?).

So, I decided to take a chance by reviving and bringing back to life
Mig Greengard. I am really taking a chance, because when one of these
Wikipedia assholes notices this (as they will within a few minutes)
they are likely to decide to "Salt the Earth" meaning that no
biography of Mig can ever be posted to Wikipedia again. That is what
has happened to Ali Nihat Yazici.

Here is my biography of Mig. It was just posted a few minutes ago. I
hope that Louis Blair is really no longer here because otherwise he
will try to have it deleted again. I hope that the rest of you are not
of a like mind. Otherwise, as the story goes, "When they come to get
you, there will be nobody left to defend you".

Mig Greengard
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Mig Greengard, whose full name is Michael Greengard, (b. 9 June 1969
in Berkeley, California) is a well known chess author and journalist.
He lived for a number of years in Argentina where he claims to have
had a master rating. He returned to America in 1999 where he became
the managing director of the New York Office of Kasparov Chess
Foundation at 32 Broadway and was closely associated with World Chess
Champion Garry Kasparov.

He is a regular columnist for ChessBase and New in Chess magazines.
[1] He also writes a column on his own website called "The Daily
Dirt".

In 2007, Greengard was named "Chess Journalist of the Year" by the
United States Chess Federation.[2]

Greengard has been involved in a number of controversies, usually as
an outspoken critic of the establishment. He strongly supported Paul
Truong and Susan Polgar in the 2007 USCF elections, but has recently
turned against them after discovering that they have posted to his
blog under at least ten different fake names. He has filed an abuse
report with their ISP.

On this subject, Mig writes:

I'm all for anonymity, even as stupid as it makes some people. But
when it comes to people coming here and crapping all over the place,
no. Crawl back to the Usenet or we will see what your Suddenlink
provider has to say about identity theft and providing server logs,
which can trivially reconstruct your connection times, dns connection
records, and packet transmission down to the millisecond, making IP
superfluous.
-Mig Greengard, Slime Spillover

[3]
[edit] External links

* Who is Mig Greengard?
* Paul Hoffman on Mig Greengard
* USCF Rating for Mig Greengard
* Chess Ninja website

[edit] References

1. ^ http://www.chessbase.com/columns/column.asp?pid=160 Mig on
Chess
2. ^ http://main.uschess.org/content/view/7777/381
3. ^ http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/..._spillover.htm

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mig_Greengard"

Categories: 1969 births | American chess players | University of
California, Berkeley alumni | American non-fiction writers | Chess
writers | Usenet people | Living people

  #2   Report Post  
Old October 14th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Rescuing Mig Greengard

For those of you who doubt the seriousness of the situation, take a
look at the Wikipedia biographies of Bernard Zuckerman, Bill Hook,
Carmine Nigro and Burt Hochberg:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Zuckerman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Hook
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmine_Nigro
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Hochberg

All of these people are easily important enough to have a biography on
Wikipedia, but all have been tagged for deletion. (I removed the tag
from Hochberg's biography a few days ago but it will likely be
reinstated when they notice it.)

Previously, the same person deleted the biography of Mig Greengard,
which I am trying to reinstate.

In addition, the following four persons have been the subject of
"salting the earth" which means that no biography of them can ever be
posted again: Ali Nihat Yazici, Julio César Ingolotti, Geoffrey Borg
and Panupand Vijjuprabha

I am trying to get the earth "unsalted" at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...007_October_13

I do not personally know Ali Nihat Yazici, Julio César Ingolotti,
Geoffrey Borg and Panupand Vijjuprabha. I am in no way involved with
them. I posted their biographies on Wikipedia because they were the
official USCF Candidates for election to the FIDE board. The USCF
board officially supported them but when Wikipedia deleted all their
biographies not only did the USCF board not protest to Wikipedia, but
the USCF censured me for trying to get the biographies of these
notable chess personalities reinstated. (This again proves the idiocy
of the USCF Executive Board.)

Thus, if the biographies of Bernard Zuckerman, Bill Hook, Carmine
Nigro, Burt Hochberg and Mig Greengard (again) all disappear, do not
blame me. You can only blame yourselves.

Sam Sloan

  #3   Report Post  
Old October 14th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2007
Posts: 4
Default Rescuing Mig Greengard

"samsloan" The USCF board officially supported them but when Wikipedia
deleted all their biographies not only did the USCF board not protest to
Wikipedia,

STOP SUPPORTING WIKIPEDIA. IT IS ****.

If you visit Wikipedia, you can find biographies of the most obscure people
on earth when it comes to some subjects. On other subjects there are WIKI
****S who re-write and delete and destroy everything.

WIKIPEDIA IS RUN BY ****S. These are unpaid cripples who spend all day
working as volunteers and by shear force of volume they overpower certain
subjects and become the territorial chiefs of various areas. Unless you can
sit home on your fat ass all day and do the same thing, you have no chance.
Contributing to Wikipedia is a waste of ****ing time. Every day some other
asshole who visits the article that you wrote can re-write it to his liking,
and then some ****tard Wiki ****editor can delete it.

SO STOP WASTING YOUR TIME. IF YOU WANT TO POST BIOGRAPHIES, THEN POST THEM
ON YOUR WEBSITE AND DELETE ALL THAT POKEMON PORN AND ALL THE OTHER PERVERTED
****.


  #4   Report Post  
Old October 14th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,194
Default Rescuing Mig Greengard


samsloan wrote:

In addition, the following four persons have been the subject of
"salting the earth" which means that no biography of them can ever be
posted again: Ali Nihat Yazici, Julio César Ingolotti, Geoffrey Borg
and Panupand Vijjuprabha

I am trying to get the earth "unsalted" at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...007_October_13

I do not personally know Ali Nihat Yazici, Julio César Ingolotti,
Geoffrey Borg and Panupand Vijjuprabha. I am in no way involved with
them. I posted their biographies on Wikipedia because they were the
official USCF Candidates for election to the FIDE board. The USCF
board officially supported them but when Wikipedia deleted all their
biographies not only did the USCF board not protest to Wikipedia, but
the USCF censured me for trying to get the biographies of these
notable chess personalities reinstated. (This again proves the idiocy
of the USCF Executive Board.)

..

Sam Sloan



Sam, you're distorting the facts again. While I have some doubts about
the notability of Yazici and the others, that's not why they were
deleted. The articles were removed because you violated copyright. You
posted bios copied directly from another source. Wikipedia won't
tolerate that.

  #5   Report Post  
Old October 15th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Dec 2006
Posts: 319
Default Rescuing Mig Greengard

Mig Greengard noted your efforts:

http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/..._spillover.htm

"Can you all take these increasingly freakish monologues back to the
Usenet whence they came? It's been clear for several days now that no
one has anything more to usefully contribute. We aired our thoughts
and our dirty laundry and it's over. Nothing else is going to come of
this unless subpoenas are used on computers and servers. Those will
either condemn or vindicate (or be inconclusive) and nothing else
will. The court of public opinion has decided we are all blowhards and
fools of varying degree. Case closed pending new developments. Aka
facts.

Susan (and Paul, since they and their activities have been
inextricably linked for years) could spend their free time applying
electric shocks to koala bears and chess, US chess in particular,
would probably still be lucky to have them. Politics isn't a black and
white world. I (and we) don't have to love or hate them or everything
they say or do.

Sam Sloan, I want you to read this carefully because I don't often
shout and I would hate for this effort to go unnoticed. Your posting
here makes me feel like I just gargled with a cup of maggots. If you
continue to try to involve my name in your sleaze campaign, whether on
Wikipedia, here, or anywhere else, I will rain hell down on you until
the rats kick you out of your box because they can't stand the heat.
If you had the brains Darwin gave a titmouse you'd realize such
obvious and slimy campaigning has a disastrous effect on any legal
action. That is, other than what will doubtlessly be several cases
against you for slander and worse. If you have any case at all, which
I doubt, get on with it and shut up.

And on the off chance anyone doubts this is me, I'm closing comments
on this for at least a day or two. If you have any actual information
or salient opinion to add, email it to me. My final word on the
subject is 23.Re6!!

[Event "Essent Crown Group"]
[Site "Hoogeveen NED"]
[Date "2007.10.14"]
[Round "1"]
[White "Ponomariov,R"]
[Black "Andriasian,Z"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2705"]
[BlackElo "2546"]
[EventDate "2007.10.14"]
[ECO "D30"]

1. d4 d5 2. c4 c6 3. Nf3 Nf6 4. e3 e6 5. b3 Nbd7 6. Bb2 Bd6 7. Bd3 O-O
8.
O-O b6 9. Nc3 Bb7 10. Rc1 Rc8 11. Qe2 c5 12. cxd5 Nxd5 13. Nxd5 Bxd5
14.
Ba6 Rc7 15. e4 Ba8 16. Rcd1 Qe8 17. a3 Be7 18. d5 exd5 19. exd5 Bd6
20. Qd3
Qd8 21. Rfe1 Bb7 22. Bc4 Bc8 23. Re6 Nf6 24. Rxd6 Qxd6 25. Be5 Qd8 26.
Ng5
g6 27. Bxc7 Qxc7 28. d6 Qd7 29. Re1 b5 30. Bxb5 Qg4 31. Ne4 Nxe4 32.
Rxe4
Qg5 33. f4 Qf6 34. d7 Bb7 35. Re8 Qa1+ 36. Kf2 1-0

http://www.essentchess.nl/info_eng.htm "




  #6   Report Post  
Old October 15th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,576
Default Rescuing Mig Greengard

On Oct 14, 9:00 pm, wrote:
Mig Greengard noted your efforts:

http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/..._spillover.htm

"Can you all take these increasingly freakish monologues back to the
Usenet whence they came? It's been clear for several days now that no
one has anything more to usefully contribute. We aired our thoughts
and our dirty laundry and it's over. Nothing else is going to come of
this unless subpoenas are used on computers and servers. Those will
either condemn or vindicate (or be inconclusive) and nothing else
will. The court of public opinion has decided we are all blowhards and
fools of varying degree. Case closed pending new developments. Aka
facts.

Susan (and Paul, since they and their activities have been
inextricably linked for years) could spend their free time applying
electric shocks to koala bears and chess, US chess in particular,
would probably still be lucky to have them. Politics isn't a black and
white world. I (and we) don't have to love or hate them or everything
they say or do.

Sam Sloan, I want you to read this carefully because I don't often
shout and I would hate for this effort to go unnoticed. Your posting
here makes me feel like I just gargled with a cup of maggots. If you
continue to try to involve my name in your sleaze campaign, whether on
Wikipedia, here, or anywhere else, I will rain hell down on you until
the rats kick you out of your box because they can't stand the heat.
If you had the brains Darwin gave a titmouse you'd realize such
obvious and slimy campaigning has a disastrous effect on any legal
action. That is, other than what will doubtlessly be several cases
against you for slander and worse. If you have any case at all, which
I doubt, get on with it and shut up.

And on the off chance anyone doubts this is me, I'm closing comments
on this for at least a day or two. If you have any actual information
or salient opinion to add, email it to me. My final word on the
subject is 23.Re6!!

[Event "Essent Crown Group"]
[Site "Hoogeveen NED"]
[Date "2007.10.14"]
[Round "1"]
[White "Ponomariov,R"]
[Black "Andriasian,Z"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2705"]
[BlackElo "2546"]
[EventDate "2007.10.14"]
[ECO "D30"]

1. d4 d5 2. c4 c6 3. Nf3 Nf6 4. e3 e6 5. b3 Nbd7 6. Bb2 Bd6 7. Bd3 O-O
8.
O-O b6 9. Nc3 Bb7 10. Rc1 Rc8 11. Qe2 c5 12. cxd5 Nxd5 13. Nxd5 Bxd5
14.
Ba6 Rc7 15. e4 Ba8 16. Rcd1 Qe8 17. a3 Be7 18. d5 exd5 19. exd5 Bd6
20. Qd3
Qd8 21. Rfe1 Bb7 22. Bc4 Bc8 23. Re6 Nf6 24. Rxd6 Qxd6 25. Be5 Qd8 26.
Ng5
g6 27. Bxc7 Qxc7 28. d6 Qd7 29. Re1 b5 30. Bxb5 Qg4 31. Ne4 Nxe4 32.
Rxe4
Qg5 33. f4 Qf6 34. d7 Bb7 35. Re8 Qa1+ 36. Kf2 1-0

http://www.essentchess.nl/info_eng.htm"


No Bill, the Chess federation is not lucky to have a serial pervert
violating federal law.talking about USCF employee's tit's, and when
the USCF
answers the music, there will be no federation left in corporate form
for a little while. However, we can still play chess!
I recommend staying off the executive board. Next company, we don't
need an EB. All we do is fight. The forums are closing. The E/O
insurance is being
dropped. Nobody is going to insure against this, and yes, when Paul
makes threats to kill me, everyone can get ****ed. No more forums.

USCF won't run the forums without liability insurance. This ends that.

Marcus Roberts

  #7   Report Post  
Old October 15th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default Rescuing Mig Greengard

On Oct 14, 9:00 pm, wrote:

Susan (and Paul, since they and their activities have been
inextricably linked for years) could spend their free time applying
electric shocks to koala bears and chess, US chess in particular,
would probably still be lucky to have them.


I believe this made the "blind monkey" list of excuses offered by
those suffering from Polgarhea.

  #8   Report Post  
Old October 15th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 3,390
Default Rescuing Mig Greengard

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:10:31 -0700, The Historian
wrote:

On Oct 14, 9:00 pm, wrote:

Susan (and Paul, since they and their activities have been
inextricably linked for years) could spend their free time applying
electric shocks to koala bears and chess, US chess in particular,
would probably still be lucky to have them.


I believe this made the "blind monkey" list of excuses offered by
those suffering from Polgarhea.


Sort of related to (11), but he wasn't trying to ignore the evidence
-- just saying good works more than compensates, even if the mud
sticks.
  #9   Report Post  
Old October 15th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default Rescuing Mig Greengard

On Oct 14, 11:00 pm, Mike Murray wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:10:31 -0700, The Historian

wrote:
On Oct 14, 9:00 pm, wrote:


Susan (and Paul, since they and their activities have been
inextricably linked for years) could spend their free time applying
electric shocks to koala bears and chess, US chess in particular,
would probably still be lucky to have them.


I believe this made the "blind monkey" list of excuses offered by
those suffering from Polgarhea.


Sort of related to (11), but he wasn't trying to ignore the evidence
-- just saying good works more than compensates, even if the mud
sticks.


"Ah, but Mussolini made the trains run on time!"

  #10   Report Post  
Old October 15th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Rescuing Mig Greengard

On Oct 14, 10:00 pm, wrote:

Sam Sloan, I want you to read this carefully because I don't often
shout and I would hate for this effort to go unnoticed. Your posting
here makes me feel like I just gargled with a cup of maggots. If you
continue to try to involve my name in your sleaze campaign, whether on
Wikipedia, here, or anywhere else, I will rain hell down on you until
the rats kick you out of your box because they can't stand the heat.
If you had the brains Darwin gave a titmouse you'd realize such
obvious and slimy campaigning has a disastrous effect on any legal
action. That is, other than what will doubtlessly be several cases
against you for slander and worse. If you have any case at all, which
I doubt, get on with it and shut up.


This is a very funny and surprising remark. For more than four years
Bill Brock has been attacking me at least ten times a day, calling me
a "child molester" and and various other names. He even recently
stated on Wikipedia that it is his "hobby" to attack me.

Now, he threatens me saying that he will "rain hell down" as though he
will do more than he has already done.

The first instance I can find of Brock calling me a "child molester"
was on August 6, 2003, under "Will Sam Sloan Sue?"

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...64a1fbcf458024

So now that I actually have finally sued him after being called a
child molester by Bill Brock hundreds of times over a period of four
years and now that the summons and complaint were apparently served on
him on Friday, he seems to be threatening me as to what he will do if
I do not drop the suit.

Sam Sloan

Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rescuing Mig Greengard samsloan rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) 4 October 17th 07 01:36 PM
GM Benjamin's Complaint about the US Championship samsloan rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 25 August 26th 07 09:32 PM
GM Benjamin's Complaint about the US Championship samsloan rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 22 August 26th 07 09:32 PM
GM Benjamin's Complaint about the US Championship samsloan alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) 12 August 26th 07 09:32 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017