Old October 18th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Note Well

At a former period in my life I was a bit of a geek. Now, with a bit
of free time on my hands, I am revisiting some "old friend" areas of
knowledge. Currently I am learning Emacs Lisp for thrills. :^)

You might wonder what that has to do with this newsgroup. Emacs has a
built in news reader called Gnus. I have been experimenting with it.
I can connect it to some of the free nntp servers out there. In
playing with this, I ran across a piece of info that may interest you.

I discovered that this particular free server disallowed posts; you
could only read from it. It quickly became apparent that it also
disallowed DELETES. There are many free servers out there. They
appear to have varying policies about how they handle their nntp
traffic.

In any case, I also read and post from Google via the web. I tried
deleting my "CCC" post. It disappeared from the messages on Google.
Google's server honored the delete request. Then, after a bit of a
pause, I logged into the free server. My message AND some responses
that a sender apparently had tried to delete were still posted
there!!!

You may wish to try and connect the dots for what this means to the
person that attempted to delete a large number of messages one night.
The Internet is a very large place. Thousands of servers have varying
policies about how they handle information. If one finds a server
that retains a very large archive of old Usenet news traffic and does
not honor deletes, it would be a wonderful source of possible
evidence.

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Old October 18th 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 03:52:31 -0000, "j.d.walker"
wrote:

You may wish to try and connect the dots for what this means to the
person that attempted to delete a large number of messages one night.
The Internet is a very large place. Thousands of servers have varying
policies about how they handle information. If one finds a server
that retains a very large archive of old Usenet news traffic and does
not honor deletes, it would be a wonderful source of possible
evidence.

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

The dots were connected some time ago. That's why Brian was able to
collect the huge number of FSS posts. I think more servers save 'em
than forget 'em.

We may forgive, but the net does not forget.
Old October 18th 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
You may wish to try and connect the dots for what this means to the
person that attempted to delete a large number of messages one night.
The Internet is a very large place. Thousands of servers have varying
policies about how they handle information. If one finds a server
that retains a very large archive of old Usenet news traffic and does
not honor deletes, it would be a wonderful source of possible
evidence.

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

The dots were connected some time ago. That's why Brian was able to
collect the huge number of FSS posts. I think more servers save 'em
than forget 'em.

We may forgive, but the net does not forget.

Mike Murry,

I think you hit the nail on the head. At trial, I want an exact pictur
of every e-mail Paul sent!. This is a huge liability for the USCF. I
have been thrown off the USCF forums for trying to get members whose
name was used by USCF Vice President for Marketing and Communication
Paul Troung. As an officer of the company, Mr. Troung essentially
engaged in Election Fraud (even attacking me and several others as Ray
Gordon, and in 2006 making threats to kill me for having voted for
Ilyumzhinov for Presidnet of FIDE as the FIDE Delegate from St Kitts
and Nevis, with the full confidence that, if caught, his wife had the
politicial power to silence the ethics committee. You can see from the
USCF forums that the old guard wanted silence, even in the face of EB
criminal activity, while in office. This is really Richard Nixion...

Marcus Roberts