Old October 19th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Chess Politics, at work and play

Subject: [fide-chess] How FIDE Cheated Susan
[Israel Silverman wrote...]

When the effect of an action is to target ONLY ONE PERSON in the whole
world, and remove such person from the top of a rating list, one has to
wonder what the real intention is.

---
When the effect of an investigation is to examine ONLY ONE PERSON in the
whole world, and remove such person from the board, one does have to wonder
what the real intention is.

Presumably Dr. Elo, who system it is, can be heard on the matter? In fact
Larry Evans here, has cited him. The real intention is revealed by the
complete lack of any action afterwards.

In complete parallel, presumably an open investigation can be heard by
suitable authorities [rather than 'evidence' by parties to the event taking
a tour around the internet] since the real intention is revealed by the
singularity of the current investigation, reducing it to a witch-hunt.

Phil Innes

Old October 19th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 19, 6:59 am, "Chess One" wrote:

[...]

So Paul is ****ed off at the FIDE Delegtes for screwing Susan, and he
threatens to KILL me. You know
I might go to a meeting in FIDE meeting is Singapore, and ask Kirsan
Ilyumzhinov about Paul in person. This behavior
is OUTRAGEOUS. I would not be suprised if this news goes throught the
government of Russia. Paul and Susan tried to get Kirsan and Marcus to
FIGHT! Kirsan is INNOCENT on this deed.

I might propose to take her OFF THE FIDE RATING LIST AGAIN.

My e-mails have circled the globe. This is a wordwide DISGRACE to
chess, Phil.
Everyone knows, from Singapore, to UK, to Russia. Everyone.

Susan Polgar might not like me, but they will learn to quit
threatening to prove a war
which they cannot win. She has lost her sympathy.

Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE

Old October 19th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Typo -- that should read "Kids who play in mixed events usually squash
their
(higher-rated) opponents who play in closed pool events.

ECJ

To return this to the subject of GM chess - Eric made a good point about
'unmixed' pools, several posts ago. His main support might be from Khalifman
who wrote on this subject the year before he was WCh, basically stating that
it was nigh impossible to jump the 2700 barrier, since players higher than
that didn't play those under in any of the big Euro-tour invitationals -
since the selection process was by ELO.

The only exception to this at the time was maybe Morozevich, who would
generate huge scores against 26xx players, boosting his rating into the mid
27xx - but [at the time] then fail to maintain that level when invited to
play with the 2700-club.

Sad to say, but the extremes of the scale are far less predictable than the
center, and even Dr. Elo would have to successfully take on Heisenberg to
convince us otherwise.

But this issue is infamous - and 'variances' for every player have been made
in top of chess - and the issue here is that we have no objectivity about
what is fair from Fide, who both make these allowances and control the
rating system. Any dis-equity cannot be resolved by an independent party,
since there are none!

Just a little later in time, Kasparov, Karpov and Kramnik, all wanted to
talk with Fide about this, and other peculiarities in selecting world
champions, and they were rebuffed by Fide, who would not meet them.

Phil Innes

Old October 19th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Marcus - your charge is so serious, you should take it to the law.

That is the sole standard I admit in these matters, since I can't possibly
know who did what to whom by what I read here. I eliminated your message
entirely, since I thought it had nothing to do with mine - which works
exactly the same way for you as anyone else - and has to do with rules of
evidence, and properly constituted and impartial investigation.

I even argued it //for// Sam Sloan last year when he was accused of things
that, if true, would have him convicted in a court room. Doesn't matter who
is accused, or who affronted - same applies to all, and that standard is our
social contract with each other, here in the West.

Otherwise this, right here, becomes a sort of token court, the wise reserve
comment [since they have sensible reservations of what can be known this
way], and for the rash, its mob rule, and of 'everybody knows...'. Which is
not the standard of the West, but of the Wild West.

Phil Innes

Old October 19th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

[from the great think-tank also called 'my group']

I thought there were requirements for FIDE committees. I thought there
were even requirements to be a TD in this country, yet apparently Carol
Jarecki doesn't have one? Just questions! As for USCF's rating QA, at
least whoever advised or encouraged the foolish board member provided
misinformation, no?

Phil Innes

Sounds to me like you are (or were) under quite a number of
misconceptions. Sounds to me like you should listen to those who know the
history of the organization(s).

[from the great think-tank also called 'my group']

I'm listening. Since the most recent event here is the disgraced board
official, and I have written on it some 20 times - and the silence has been
deafening, sounds like no sounds to me - just talk about talk.

So how are we assured of two things, that (a) QA at USCF rating department
would not let this happen again, and (b) what actually happened before to
permit the lapse?

Phil Innes

Can anyone at rgcp answer for (a) and (b) ?

ECJ

Old October 19th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 19, 12:24 pm, "Chess One" wrote:
[...]

Phil

I called Judge Lafferty, and the charge has already been taken to the
law. I know
and work with police all over this country. In my expereince, most
police do not
like to be bothered over and over again, with the same complaint.

Judge LAfferty reported the crime. What you are really saying is
"don't post
this here, Marcus, becasue you are hurting the image of my interest:
chess."

I can say anything I want that is true. If you can't understand the
evidence, then that
is not something I can fix.

Marcus Roberts

Old October 19th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 19, 1:01 pm, "Chess One" wrote:

Therefore, much of the gossip and information miasma, is of USCF's own
making. People will, with more or less justice, speculate on events, or rely
on leaks, or very partisan and spun comments - as usual!

We call this a free press Phil. It happpens this way in the US
Congress, everyday.
Politics is nasty, but what is so shocking is how little we have to
fight
over, and how much we fight.

We argue about who gets to be on the Executive Board, who gets to be a
FIDE
Delegate, when we are, not, under the pressures of the US Congress.

Marcus Roberts

Old October 19th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

wrote in message
ups.com...

Phil

I called Judge Lafferty, and the charge has already been taken to the
law. I know
and work with police all over this country. In my expereince, most
police do not
like to be bothered over and over again, with the same complaint.

Judge LAfferty reported the crime. What you are really saying is
"don't post
this here, Marcus, becasue you are hurting the image of my interest:
chess."

Hi Marcus, I don't care about anyone's image.

I can say anything I want that is true. If you can't understand the
evidence, then that
is not something I can fix.

That is a subject I would also like to address, though maybe when the
current phrentics have resided, and which we can do at great lengt, if you
wish.

I have not the slightest personal intention to bury anything = though if you
will accept my orientation, I will so do at right time, and currently there
are other fish frying.

All I can say to you this moment, is if you can reserve your judgement, then
like me, we can blast the damn thing open, and actually see what is what,
and who really cares for truth & lies.

Cordially, Phil Innes
Marcus Roberts