Old October 20th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Polgar Speaks Through Jack Lemoine

On the USCF Forum, for the moment.
by jacklemoine on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:09 pm #74497

There was a thread up last night and this morning where a member alleged
that Truong or Polgar or both had offered to resign. I see that the thread
is no longer up. (Thankfully!) Still, for those who may have seen that stuff
and may be concerned about it, I think it is helpful to clear the air.

My source for my information is Susan Polgar and I have her permission to
disclose this publicly.

She and Paul are not resigning. Neither one has ever offered to resign; they
never negotiated to resign. There was no resignation of any kind whatsoever.
They have no intention of resigning in the future. Nor will either one
suspend their activities on the Board.

Susan is very strongly of the opinion that both Paul and her are innocent of
the accusations against them and that when all is said and done, they will
be vindicated.

Joe Lux on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:44 pm #74502

Thank you, Jack, but can we have another to verify this for the forum
record, since Paul and Susan won't post?

Gregory, can you be the one?

All the best, Joe Lux

by Harry Payne on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:49 pm #74504

Jack, respectfully , Be careful your stand lest ye fall .

by Brian Lafferty on Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:04 pm #74509

Frankly, after Susan was caught lying to Bill Hall about who she sent the
Joe Lux anonymous email to, I 'm not inclined to take her statements at face
value for truthfulness. I'm frankly annoyed that you Jack, have become the
EB members' messenger boy. Why isn't Susan or another EB member like Bill G.
communicating here with the membership. If, big IF, the reticence by the EB
to open the confidential emails on this mater to the membership is what is
preventing the facts from being address, I can tell you that any
confidentiality that might, repeat MIGHT, have existed has been waived by
Ms. Polgar due to her statements to you putting the existence of the email
in issue.

Regardless of whether or not Ms. Polgar offered or tried to negotiate
their resignation, that is not the real issue today. Now the issue is that
Polgar and Truong's presence on the EB is destroying the credibility of the
USCF with major sponsors and paralyzing the organization. Witness the
comments of Dr. Moskow and Eric Anderson in the NY Times on-line. If Ms.
Polgar and Mr. Truong had a shred of concern for the USCF, it's members and
the chess community as a whole, they would resign or suspend their activity
with the USCF Executive Board until independent investigation of the
allegations against her husband are produced. Ms. Polgar's statement that
she an her husband intend to continue on the EB smacks of hubris and
disgusting posturing. The time has come for them to step down and walk back
to Texas Tech for however much longer they are employed there.

Old October 20th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*--------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*---------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*----------------------

[...]

You know, it is sad that Susan is going to go down fighting with her
husband. She is part of this crime,
if the above the statement is true, and this man is the "press
secretary" for the crumbling Polgar
"white house."

What next, is the USCF going to hire a publicist?

Susan is not innocent. She has to know that Troung has engaged in a
PATTERN of behavior
that is criminal. Now, she uses her position as chairman, to cover up
her husband's crimes.

The days of friendly chess are over, for all of us.

Marcus Roberts

Old October 20th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**--------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**---------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**----------------------

[...]

Marcus Roberts- Hide quoted text -

Brain Lafferty,

Frankly, after Susan was caught lying to Bill Hall about who she sent
the
Joe Lux anonymous email

Can you tell me what this is about?

Thanks

Marcus Roberts

Old October 20th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Brain Lafferty,

Frankly, after Susan was caught lying to Bill Hall about who she sent
the
Joe Lux anonymous email

Can you tell me what this is about?

Thanks

Marcus Roberts

"It is totally inexcusable when deliberate and vicious lies are
launched to permanently harm people on a personal and professional
level. I will not accept this."
-- Susan Polgar

http://uschess.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

Old October 20th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 19, 7:33 pm, "j.d.walker" wrote:
Brain Lafferty,

Frankly, after Susan was caught lying to Bill Hall about who she sent
the
Joe Lux anonymous email

Can you tell me what this is about?

Thanks

Marcus Roberts

"It is totally inexcusable when deliberate and vicious lies are
launched to permanently harm people on a personal and professional
level. I will not accept this."
-- Susan Polgar

http://uschess.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

I don't understand what Susan is talking about. We are not a bunch of
communists. The liar
is Susan Poglar, in one more than one event. I am looking at the e-
mail her husband sent to me
in 2006, I have just e-mailed the FIDE Secertary General.

Susan is about to have an INTERPOL problem.

I take death threats very seriuosly. Her husband's threats included my
votes for Ilyumzhinov.
This will go right to the IOC President. This will hurt chess, by
anyone's standards.

This won't go away!

Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE

Old October 20th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 19, 6:30 pm, wrote:
[...]

Sorry Marcus, I didn't mean to muddy the waters. The quotation from
Susan Polgar is taken from her campaign statements. I thought it was
worth reflecting on in light of the current context.

If it turns out that Paul is guilty as charged, and she is innocent,
then she has a terrible dilemma to handle: Family loyalty versus
personal integrity, and a severely damaged reputation. Not pretty.

I don't know what will happen. Perhaps some sort of legal judgment
will be arrived at, perhaps not. Perhaps all of the cases, filed, and
yet-to-be filed will be thrown out. Perhaps, due to the law of
unintended consequences, many more law suits from surprise sources
will end up being filed.

As a relative outsider to this situation, I have trouble getting my
mind around all the pertinent discourse that is out there. It does
appear that despite a large degree of tasteless behavior from Sam
Sloan, he and others WERE materially hurt by the impersonations. Not
only them, but the USCF as well, which may have taken a death blow
from the impersonator. Now we see the organization reeling around
like a blinded, deaf-mute cyclops with a large, toxic, green cloud of
scandal enveloping its head. Pitiful.

I hope that somehow justice will be served, and that the US chess
community will end up with a better national organization than it has
now, whether it is this one reformed, or a brand new one.

Meanwhile, I will wait with curiosity, and tend to my comic relief :^)

Cheers,
J.D. Walker