Old October 20th 07, 10:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default CCC -- 3rd ed.

Cartoon Cast of Characters:
===========================
This list attempts to answer this question: What
cartoon characters can most enjoyably be associated
with prominent figures in this newsgroup. To benefit
from this approach try to imagine the cartoon
character speaking when you read posts from that
person.

For those unfamiliar with a particular cartoon
character, I have added web links to the notorious
wikipedia where possible.

'Yow! Legally-imposed CULTURE-reduction is
CABBAGE-BRAINED!' -- Zippy the Pinhead
===========================

Alexander, Gregory --- Waylon Smithers
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waylon_Smithers)
Bauer, Randy --- Pointy Haired Boss
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointy_Haired_Boss)
Bourbaki, Nick --- Donald Duck
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Duck)
Brennen, Neil --- Crankshaft
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranksh...comic_strip%29)
Brennen, Neil --- Statler and Waldorf
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statler_and_Waldorf)
Brock, Bill --- Poopdeck Pappy
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poopdeck_Pappy)
Evans, Larry --- Mr. Natural
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Natural_%28comics%29)
Goichberg, Bill --- Eugene H. Krabs
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_H._Krabs)
Goichberg, Bill --- Montgomery Burns
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery_Burns)
Gordon, Ray --- Uncle Duke
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Duke)
Gordon, Ray --- Woody Woodpecker
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_Woodpecker)
Houlsby, Mark --- Professor Frink
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Frink)
Ilyumshinov, Kirsan --- Professor Farnsworth
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Farnsworth)
Innes, Phil --- Daffy Duck
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daffy_Duck)
Kingston, Taylor --- Troy McClure
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_McClure)
Mitchell, Rob --- Elmer Fudd
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Fudd)
Mottershead, Brian --- Dudley Do-Right
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dudley_Do-Right)
Murray, Mike --- Dilbert
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilbert)
Parr, Larry --- Mallard Fillmore
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mallard_Fillmore)
Polgar, Susan --- Kodos
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_and_Kodos)
Polgar, Susan --- Lisa Simpson
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Simpson)
Polgar, Susan --- Natasha Fatale
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natasha_Fatale)
Repa, Jason --- Bluto
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluto)
Roberts, Marcus --- Yosemite Sam
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yosemite_Sam)
Sloan, Sam --- Sideshow Bob
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sideshow_Bob)
Sloan, Sam --- Snidely Whiplash
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snidely_Whiplash)
Truong, Paul --- Bart Simpson
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Simpson)
Truong, Paul --- Boris Badenov
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Badenov)
Truong, Paul --- Kang
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_and_Kodos)
Walker, J.D. --- Judge Parker
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Parker)

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Old October 20th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 09:54:23 -0000, "j.d.walker"
wrote:

Cartoon Cast of Characters:
===========================
This list attempts to answer this question: What
cartoon characters can most enjoyably be associated
with prominent figures in this newsgroup. To benefit
from this approach try to imagine the cartoon
character speaking when you read posts from that
person.

For those unfamiliar with a particular cartoon
character, I have added web links to the notorious
wikipedia where possible.

'Yow! Legally-imposed CULTURE-reduction is
CABBAGE-BRAINED!' -- Zippy the Pinhead
===========================

Wanted: top notch illustrator for the new "rgcp comix". Apply soon.

Rumor is R Crumb is interested. He's irritated that he has no
characters represented in the list. Hmmmmm. R Crumb's own comic
persona actually *looks* a bit like Sam Sloan. Has anyone actually
ever seen them both together?
Old October 20th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 07:12:33 -0700, Mike Murray
wrote:

Rumor is R Crumb is interested. He's irritated that he has no
characters represented in the list. Hmmmmm. R Crumb's own comic
persona actually *looks* a bit like Sam Sloan. Has anyone actually
ever seen them both together?

I overlooked Mr. Natural. No wonder I hang pieces and miss mates in
one.
Old October 20th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
Rumor is R Crumb is interested. He's irritated that he has no
characters represented in the list. Hmmmmm. R Crumb's own comic
persona actually *looks* a bit like Sam Sloan. Has anyone actually
ever seen them both together?

I overlooked Mr. Natural. No wonder I hang pieces and miss mates in
one.

I don't want to go too far with R. Crumb stuff. CCC may find its way
into the hands of the Nickelodian crowd! But, Mr. Natural has been
pretty much assimilated into American culture.

A question: You can find Yosemite Sam on the mud flaps of many semi-
trucks rolling down the highway. Does Mr. Natural show up on mud
flaps as well? :^)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_on_Truckin'_(comic)

Cheers,
J.D. Walker