Old October 20th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default CCC - 4th ed.

Cartoon Cast of Characters:
===========================
This list attempts to answer this question: What
cartoon characters can most enjoyably be associated
with prominent figures in this newsgroup. To benefit
from this approach try to imagine the cartoon
character speaking when you read posts from that
person.

For those unfamiliar with a particular cartoon
character, I have added web links to the notorious
wikipedia where possible.

You too can be part of this historic undertaking!
If you see omissions or corrections, bring them to
our attention.

'Yow! Legally-imposed CULTURE-reduction is
CABBAGE-BRAINED!' -- Zippy the Pinhead
===========================

Afromeev, Vladimir --- ??
(See: )
Alexander, Gregory --- Waylon Smithers
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waylon_Smithers)
Bachler, Kevin --- Fred Flintstone
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Flintstone)
Bauer, Randy --- Pointy Haired Boss
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointy_Haired_Boss)
Bourbaki, Nick --- Donald Duck
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Duck)
Brennen, Neil --- Crankshaft
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranksh...comic_strip%29)
Brennen, Neil --- Statler and Waldorf
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statler_and_Waldorf)
Brock, Bill --- Poopdeck Pappy
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poopdeck_Pappy)
Channing, Joel --- ?
(See: )
Evans, Larry --- Mr. Natural
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Natural_%28comics%29)
Fischer, Bobby --- ?
(See: )
Gaprindashvili, Nona --- ?
(See: )
Goichberg, Bill --- Eugene H. Krabs
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_H._Krabs)
Goichberg, Bill --- Montgomery Burns
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery_Burns)
Gordon, Ray --- Uncle Duke
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Duke)
Gordon, Ray --- Woody Woodpecker
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_Woodpecker)
Hall, Bill --- ?
(See: )
Houlsby, Mark --- Professor Frink
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Frink)
Ilyumshinov, Kirsan --- Professor Farnsworth
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Farnsworth)
Innes, Phil --- Daffy Duck
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daffy_Duck)
Kingston, Taylor --- Troy McClure
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_McClure)
Kosteniuk, Alexandra --- ?
(See: )
Marinello, Beatriz --- ?
(See: )
Mitchell, Rob --- Elmer Fudd
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elmer_Fudd)
Mottershead, Brian --- Dudley Do-Right
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dudley_Do-Right)
Murray, Mike --- Dilbert
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilbert)
Parr, Larry --- Mallard Fillmore
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mallard_Fillmore)
Polgar, Susan --- Kodos
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_and_Kodos)
Polgar, Susan --- Lisa Simpson
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Simpson)
Polgar, Susan --- Natasha Fatale
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natasha_Fatale)
Repa, Jason --- Bluto
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluto)
Roberts, Marcus --- Yosemite Sam
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yosemite_Sam)
Shahade, Jennifer --- ?
(See: )
Sloan, Sam --- Sideshow Bob
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sideshow_Bob)
Sloan, Sam --- Snidely Whiplash
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snidely_Whiplash)
Topalov, Veselin --- ?
(See: )
Truong, Paul --- Bart Simpson
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Simpson)
Truong, Paul --- Boris Badenov
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Badenov)
Truong, Paul --- Kang
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_and_Kodos)
Walker, J.D. --- Judge Parker
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Parker)

Note well: There are a number of new entries with question marks. If
you have an inspired idea for one, let us know! An effort has been
made to cover some of the gaps in previous editions. Our staff down
at the CCC production plant has been very busy... :^)

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Old October 20th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 18:38:34 -0000, "j.d.walker"
wrote:

If
you have an inspired idea for one, let us know! An effort has been
made to cover some of the gaps in previous editions. Our staff down
at the CCC production plant has been very busy... :^)

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Matt Nemmers once was quite active here. As a sailor, he'd make a
great Popeye, especially in opposition to the Grim Repa's Bluto.
Old October 21st 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
If
you have an inspired idea for one, let us know! An effort has been
made to cover some of the gaps in previous editions. Our staff down
at the CCC production plant has been very busy... :^)

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Matt Nemmers once was quite active here. As a sailor, he'd make a
great Popeye, especially in opposition to the Grim Repa's Bluto.

Got it, in next edition.

Old October 21st 07, 06:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Poopdeck Pappy? I do not deserve such an honor!

Check out http://joshreads.com/?cat=51 for the inside scoop on Judge
Parker's sex life.

Old October 21st 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 20, 10:54 pm, wrote:
Poopdeck Pappy? I do not deserve such an honor!

Check outhttp://joshreads.com/?cat=51for the inside scoop on Judge
Parker's sex life.

Have I blundered? Got a better suggestion. Poopdeck Pappy is pretty
cool.

As for Judge Parker it was someone else's idea. I don't mind.

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Old October 21st 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 21, 1:03 am, "j.d.walker" wrote:
On Oct 20, 10:54 pm, wrote:

Poopdeck Pappy? I do not deserve such an honor!

Check outhttp://joshreads.com/?cat=51forthe inside scoop on Judge
Parker's sex life.

Have I blundered? Got a better suggestion. Poopdeck Pappy is pretty
cool.

As for Judge Parker it was someone else's idea. I don't mind.

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Mark Trail gets to punch a ducknapper once every few months....if you
don't mind bad art, Gil Thorp is another possibility.

Mallard Fillmore & Sideshow Bob - heh.

Old October 22nd 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 20, 10:54 pm, wrote:

Poopdeck Pappy? I do not deserve such an honor!

Check outhttp://joshreads.com/?cat=51fortheinside scoop on Judge
Parker's sex life.

Have I blundered? Got a better suggestion. Poopdeck Pappy is pretty
cool.

As for Judge Parker it was someone else's idea. I don't mind.

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Mark Trail gets to punch a ducknapper once every few months....if you
don't mind bad art, Gil Thorp is another possibility.

Mallard Fillmore & Sideshow Bob - heh.

Well, being the absolute dictator of my little CCC world, I decided to
add Krusty the Clown along with Judge Parker. I thought Mark Trail
looked boring. I will look into this Gil Thorp fellow...

shrugs

I also added Wimpy from Popeye for Mr. Afromeev. Seemed about right.
See the next edition, whenever...

I used to hobnob a bit with Mr. Parr before he became a famous chess
journalist. I must say that despite a fair number of disagreements in
our outlooks on life, he was always a pleasant smiling fellow and an
excellent conversationalist UNLESS he went off on a rant about one of
his pet peeves. :^) Mallard Fillmore seems good enough. He hasn't
complained.

It seems much more difficult these days for two people of differing
outlooks to have a civil conversation without unleashing subpoenas on
each other... :^)

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Old October 22nd 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:45:38 -0000, "j.d.walker"
wrote:

It seems much more difficult these days for two people of differing
outlooks to have a civil conversation without unleashing subpoenas on
each other... :^)

Yeah, in the old days, insults and obscenities were enough for most
everyone. What's happened to our moral compass?

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Old October 22nd 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
It seems much more difficult these days for two people of differing
outlooks to have a civil conversation without unleashing subpoenas on
each other... :^)

Yeah, in the old days, insults and obscenities were enough for most
everyone. What's happened to our moral compass?

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

We returned to the thrilling days of yesteryear earlier this week,
when a netkook claimed the FBI was investigating me. How the FBI feels
about netkooks speaking for them is unknown.