Old October 20th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.true-crime,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Rob The Robber") Mitchell trashes the USCF to the New York Times

Rob ("The Robber") Mitchell, who tried to con a poor investor out of
$35,000 in a front money scheme by claiming to have made a deal with
Bobby Fischer, who has never played in or directed a USCF rated chess
tournament in his life and who joined the USCF for just one year so
that he could apply for a job with the USCF and has not renewed, has
trashed the USCF in a posting to the New York Times website, as
follows:

"Will the USCF survive? If it does not, what becomes of it's assets?
How can you reconcile an organization that both recruits felons into
it's midst while promoting the involvement of children?

"One might ask why another organization has not replaced the USCF yet?
Easy, there simply isn't enough money to be had by any investor who
expects a return to pursue alternatives. Now in the event one or more
people should decide they wish to underwrite a new effort and support
it for some period of time without any expectation of a return of
their monies; it could be done today.

"I can imagine that there are many longtime USCF supporters who may
even decide that a new venture is preferable and more expediant than
spending additionally for the life support of an organization in
persistantly vegetative organization.

"- Posted by Rob"

What is obviously going on here is Rob ("the Robber") is trying to
work another con. He is fishing about for an "investor .... to
underwrite a new effort and support it for some period of time without
any expectation of a return of their monies".

Will anybody here step forward to give Rob "The Robber" money to start
this "new venture"?

He can feel confident that there will be no "expectation of a return
of their monies".

Old October 22nd 07, 09:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.true-crime

On Oct 20, 3:41 pm, samsloan wrote:

[...]

That posting is rife with errors.

For instance, he *did* play in USCF tournaments, earning
a rating of 2825 at one point. ;D

Secondly, this is not trashing the USCF; the USCF had
all of what RM wrote coming to them (we know it was
Rob Mitchell because the writer "Rob" could not spell to
save his own life).

Now, I am not going to try and guess whether SS is
correct in his speculations regarding the true purpose of
RM's comments to the N.Y. Times, but it seems to me
those suggestions have been made by others, here in
rgc and without any such dastardly motives.

What I find odd is that someone with the horrendous
reputation of SS would simultaneously lash out with
unproved accusations and yet moan about himself
being the victim of similar attacks in a lawsuit; does
this sort of behavior appear consistent? If SS can
make accusations willy nilly, then why can't the PT/
SP duo or whoever the fake Sloan turns out to be do
the same to him? I see no substantive difference,
apart from the possible influence on the USCF
elections. Mr. Sloan may very well sincerely believe
all of his own accusations, but so, too might the fake
Sloan have believed all of his/her criticisms, believed
that all of his/her mocking was well-deserved.

And BTW, it is not possible to con a "poor investor"
out of $35K; this is because a poor investor doesn't
have that kind of money; *rich* ones do. When asked
why he robbed banks, a famous outlaw once replied:
"because that's where the money is". (That is why
RM is, as we speak, on his way to pay a visit to
Warren Buffet and to the Bill Gates Foundation, to
reorganize world chess under the direction of IM Innes
and himself, for a paltry half million dollars.)

-- help bot

Old October 22nd 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob Rob is offline

And BTW, it is not possible to con a "poor investor"
out of $35K; this is because a poor investor doesn't
have that kind of money; *rich* ones do. When asked
why he robbed banks, a famous outlaw once replied:
"because that's where the money is". (That is why
RM is, as we speak, on his way to pay a visit to
Warren Buffet and to the Bill Gates Foundation, to
reorganize world chess under the direction of IM Innes
and himself, for a paltry half million dollars.)

-- help bot- Hide quoted text -

Who leaked that information? How did you find out about those ongoing
negotiations? Please say no more as it could destroy the fabric of
time itself!

Old October 22nd 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.true-crime

On Oct 22, 4:01 am, help bot wrote:
On Oct 20, 3:41 pm, samsloan wrote:

Rob ("The Robber") Mitchell, who tried to con a poor investor out of
$35,000 in a front money scheme by claiming to have made a deal with
Bobby Fischer, who has never played in or directed a USCF rated chess
tournament in his life and who joined the USCF for just one year so
that he could apply for a job with the USCF and has not renewed, has
trashed the USCF in a posting to the New York Times website, as
follows:

That posting is rife with errors.

For instance, he *did* play in USCF tournaments, earning
a rating of 2825 at one point. ;D

Not to defend Sloan, but our helpbot once again seems to have a
deficiency in reading comprehension. The person referred to by the
phrase " who has never played in or directed a USCF rated chess
tournamet" is not Fischer, but Mitchell.

Old October 23rd 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.true-crime
Rob Rob is offline

Default Actually..... Anyway

On Oct 22, 4:27 pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:
[...]

I was part of a team that had 8 world class players and two world
champions playing in it. Who care who rated the event. Thats something
Fischer has never done. I have played chess with a WGM .More than most
have done. I have organized half a dozen Swiss tournaments online and
several team tournaments. I have even played chess against the might
"Bot" and suffered ignoble defeat. Anyway. Point is... come on in and
play chess with us!

Old October 23rd 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.true-crime

On Oct 22, 5:27 pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:
[...]

Indeed, someone in this thread does seem to have
a serious "reading comprehension" problem. Only
the dullest of readers would have missed my smiley,
carefully inserted immediately following my comment
to prevent low-mediocre intellects from missing the
obvious sarcasm. (Apparently, I aimed too high.)

-- help bot

Old October 23rd 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.true-crime

On Oct 22, 8:32 pm, Rob wrote:

I was part of a team that had 8 world class players and two world
champions playing in it. Who care who rated the event. Thats something
Fischer has never done. I have played chess with a WGM .More than most
have done. I have organized half a dozen Swiss tournaments online and
several team tournaments. I have even played chess against the might
"Bot" and suffered ignoble defeat. Anyway. Point is... come on in and
play chess with us!

Hey, Sanny's GetClub program is now beating me
consistently, so what do you have to say for yourself,
having never even once drawn me? ;D

-- help bot

Old October 23rd 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

"Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

I was part of a team that had 8 world class players and two world
champions playing in it. Who care who rated the event. Thats something
Fischer has never done. I have played chess with a WGM .More than most
have done. I have organized half a dozen Swiss tournaments online and
several team tournaments. I have even played chess against the might
"Bot" and suffered ignoble defeat. Anyway. Point is... come on in and
play chess with us!

As well as on-line ratings, perhaps the English Fed will also rate them?
USCF are not responsive to the current challenge, nor to the challenge of
the English Fed. They also previously turned down a gauntlet from the
Russian Fed!

But true, I don't care if even the US Marine Corps rates the games ))

Phil Innes

PS: can we at least only annoy other chess groups with these notes?
alt-crime and the peoplesparadise northkorean faction are known to resent
'sprawl', and we don't want them to think we are all as daft as our
ambassador to other realms

Old October 23rd 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob Rob is offline

On Oct 22, 10:35 pm, help bot wrote:
On Oct 22, 8:32 pm, Rob wrote:

Hey, Sanny's GetClub program is now beating me
consistently, so what do you have to say for yourself,
having never even once drawn me? ;D

-- help bot

It is all part of my evil plan to take over the world! :-)