Old October 20th 07, 10:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Eric Moskow posts to The New York Times

Dr. Eric Moskow has been posting to the New York Times website. Here
is one of his recent postings and my reply:

October 20th, 2007
9:35 am

mr sloan may I suggest a compromise. Paul troung should resign fromthe
uscf board, you should drop your lawsuit and a third party candidate
that would support susans reform platform but not be under susans
thumb might solve the issue. I am sure a jim eade, eric moskow, eric
anderson or a yasser seriwan would work. Also a rotating position for
a gm needs to be added to make sure professional chess is heard.A
committee including this new director, a attorney familiar with chess
like asteve jones, and a randy bauer could investigate rather than
cover up the issues. If mr troung was set up then mr goichberg as
president should be removed and mr troung compensated and reinstated.
If not this action solves the problem, moves the organization forward.
Its time for us chess to clean house andmove forward. If thisw is not
acceptable any nidus for a new organization should seek me out and I
will support their efforts. eric de moskow m.d.

- Posted by eric moskow

There are several problems with Dr. Eric Moscow's suggestions above.
First, there was no such thing as "Susan's Reform Platform". In fact,
almost all of her campaign themes were copied from me, for example the
fact that the USCF lost money 9 out of the last 11 years. (I admit I
was shading the facts. In reality the USCF has lost money 10 out of
the last 11 years but I had to avoid offending a supporter whose
backing I needed. This proves that Susan copied from me.) The other
problem was that Susan never stated what she would do about the USCF's
problems and since being elected has not made one concrete suggestion
or proposal. Next, Yasser Seirawan, by far the most qualified
candidate, ran for USCF President in 1987 and lost (a big mistake by
the voters). He has many times since been proposed as FIDE President
or USCF President and has stated "If nominated I shall not run, if
elected I shall not serve." Similarly, Jim Eade who served a three
year term on the board, has sworn "never again". Dr. Moskow implies
here and elsewhere that he is planning to run and of course he has
every right to do so. In short, setting up a committee of
distinguished "wise men" to run the USCF might seem like a good idea,
but nobody has been able to find the wise men to do it. On the other
hand, one thing we do need is more candidates and if Dr. Moskow is
willing to run he is more than welcome to do so. Sam Sloan