Old October 22nd 07, 11:39 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

Default Randy Bauer explains the role of new defense counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
They certainly seem to be the
ideal firm to appear in this case.

http://www.kronenbergerlaw.com/

The first question will be whether they are just representing just the
USCF, or if they are representing all USCF defendants, including
Truong, Polgar, Goichberg and Channing.

Sam Sloan
Kronenberger will represent the USCF and all USCF officials acting in
their official capacity. Obviously, if I went onto the Internet
tonight and started posting defamatory content, I could not and would
not expect Kronenberger to advise or defend me as part of their work
for the USCF.
Thank you for clarifying this point.

For example, if Bill Goichberg instructs Dan Lucas, editor of Chess
Life, not to publish the name of Sam Sloan in Chess Life and to remove
the name of Sam Sloan from all articles submitted by journalists prior
to publication, and Dan Lucas carries out this directive, as he did in
this month's Larry Evans and Pal Benko's columns, was Goichberg acting
in his official capacity and will this law firm defend Goichberg from
a suit for this?

Old October 22nd 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Oct 22, 5:39 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam

You are missing a legal point, I wish you would understand. You are a
*DELEGATE* and you are a member
of the Board of Directors of the US Chess Federation.

You are a chess official, today.

Marcus Roberts