Old October 23rd 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Polgar Spouts Forth Yet Again

From the USCF Issues Forum:

The USCF Chairman states the facts

by Theodulf on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:36 am #74944
FYI

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2007/10 ... facts.html
USCF ID 12500504
Theodulf

by sdo1 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:07 am #74949

Now that I am on the USCF Executive Board, I finally understand the real
problem behind the scene, things that most members are not aware of.

I wonder what that could be?
by Brian Lafferty on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:46 am #74950
Ms. Polgar rehashes much of her campaign rhetoric and states nothing new but
casts aspersions on people who she doesn't name.

I have some very simple questions for her:

1. Did you file a police report regarding the alleged threats against you
and your children. If yes, with what agency and when? What was the result of
that complaint?

2. Curiously Ms. Polgar, you fail to address the charges in the Mottershead
Report. Why is that?

3. Is it true that Dr. Moskow has withdrawn all funding to you and your
husband and has pulled funding for scheduled Texas Tech chess events?

4. Did you or did you not send an email to EB members with an offer of some
kind to negotiate your resignation from the EB. Were threats of law suits
and press conferences made in that communication?

5. Is it true that your husband has threatened to sue the USCF if it does
not retract and/or repudiate the Mottershead Report?

6. Have you or our husband obtained an opinion from a recognized computer
expert regarding the Mottershead report. If you have and it supports your
position, when will you make that report public so that it may be analyzed?

I do agree with one thing Ms. Polgar wrote. We, the members, do deserve
better. I ask Ms. Polgar and her husband to please resign now for the good
of the organization. Her constant posturing is becoming rather nauseating.

Old October 23rd 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 23, 5:51 am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
From the USCF Issues Forum:

[...]

begin 666 icon_post_target.gif
M1TE&.#EA"P`)`+,-`'=W=_____GY^;&QO[^_N[N[N3DY//S\_W]_?3T]/7U
M]?'Q^/CXP```````````"'^.CQ#3U!9/D-O'ER:6=H=" R,# T(%1H92!P
M:'!"0B!'F]U"[email protected](%)I9VATR!297-EG9E9"X`(?D$`0``#0`L````
M``L`"0``!"FP-4"IO#-HBX$6540"$(`G: *#'H!2G(ABL!2:$/]F0,@P6O
&4PDU(@`[
`
end

Mr. Lafferty,

I took the liberty of posting this response to her "Stating the Facts"
article on her blog. I do not know if it will ever become visible.
It may be censored. I attempted to be fair and polite.

==============================
==============================

Robert said...

"Someone please post a website address where we can read the whole
story."

Unfortunately, I do not believe the whole story is available
anywhere. Rather it may come out slowly in various pieces resulting
from legal actions. The best you can do is not rely on one source for
your information. But that is true when inquiring about any
contentious issue.

These questions have appeared elsewhere addressed to Susan. Are
answers available for any of them?

[...]

Pardon me if these questions seem rude, I did not frame them, and hope
you will not "shoot the messenger."

Regards Anony

==============================
==============================

My post has not appeared there yet. I figure it will either yield
some kind of response or be censored. If it is censored it settles
the question in my mind about the function of that blog. However, as
I have recently learned, these news servers can be dreadfully slow at
posting. Maybe my message will show up there in a few days. :^)

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Old October 23rd 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 23, 7:58 am, "j.d.walker" wrote:
On Oct 23, 5:51 am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

From the USCF Issues Forum:

[...]

Dylan Loeb McClain has picked up on Susan's article now. There are no
comments as yet...

http://gambit.blogs.nytimes.com/2007...s-on-her-blog/

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Old October 23rd 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

http://gambit.blogs.nytimes.com/2007...s-on-her-blog/

"Mr. Brink said that it was not possible that the university's
computers could have been identified as the source for fake postings
on the Internet, the charge in the lawsuit by Samuel H. Sloan, because
the university's IP addresses are constantly changing."

However, this is not correct. What follows are three logins by
"ChessPromotion" which is the USER ID of Paul Truong on the morning of
September 17, 2007. Two of them are from IP addresses assigned to
Texas Tech University.

To verify this go to http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp
check the box for IP address and enter 129.118.87.222 which is the IP
address for the first login. You will see that it says OrgName:
Texas Tech University
OrgID: TTU-1
Address: Telecommunications Department

The third IP below is 75.111.194.9 which is a Suddenlink address which
services Lubbock Texas.

In short, if Mr. Brink really believes that these logins were not by
Paul Truong, he had better start searching his campus to locate the
computers from which these logins were made and find out who was using
them on that date.

Mon Sep 17 08:50:56 2007 129.118.87.222 "ChessPromotion" 500
"ChessPromotion" /forums/viewforum.php
Mon Sep 17 08:50:58 2007 129.118.87.222 "ChessPromotion" 500
"ChessPromotion" /forums/style.php
Mon Sep 17 11:20:12 2007 75.111.194.9 "ChessPromotion" 500 "" /forums/
index.php "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0;
SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506;
InfoPath.2)"

Old October 24th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

The findings of Brian Mottershead were communicated privately to USCF
President Bill Goichberg on or about September 20, 2007. It was only
after a week had passed and Mr. Goichberg had refused to take any
action at all that Mr. Mottershead posted his findings on the USCF
members forum.

This is all detailed in the Mottershead Report at
http://www.ishipress.com/mottershead.pdf

Now a full month has passed and the board is still "searching" for an
"expert" to review the findings. Since the telephone book is filled
with experts, one suspects that this stonewall is just part of the
cover-up.

Old October 24th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Several people have pointed out a contradiction in her words as
follows:

"The same people also tried to spread more lies by saying that my
husband and I have resigned from the USCF Executive Board. Some
confidential correspondence between board members was leaked out to
the same group of people. I have saved every email and post.
Everything will be introduced in due time."

So, she is saying that "confidential correspondence between board
members was leaked out to" certain people and then those same people
"spread lies".

Does anybody else find something questionable about this?

Old October 24th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Oct 23, 7:16 pm, samsloan wrote:

This is all detailed in the Mottershead Report athttp://www.ishipress.com/mottershead.pdf

Now a full month has passed and the board is still "searching" for an
"expert" to review the findings. Since the telephone book is filled
with experts, one suspects that this stonewall is just part of the
cover-up.

Not necessarily; they could just be shopping around for
the best deal on an expert they can afford to "buy off".

-- help bot