Old October 23rd 07, 06:17 PM posted to nyc.politics,nyc.general,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default My ex-wife Anda is playing the piano for Mayor Bloomberg right now

Go to:

http://pointers.audiovideoweb.com/as...inlive6542.asx

My ex-wife Anda, who is a former professional concert pianist but is
now just a school teacher, is playing the piano right now for a
meeting of the New York State Board of Regents at http://www.nysed.gov

The meeting is at Borough Hall Brooklyn. Anda is the mother of Peter
Aravena Sloan, a USCF master.

I am trying to capture her music on the Internet but cannot seem to do
so.

Can anybody help?

Old October 23rd 07, 07:55 PM posted to nyc.politics,nyc.general,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:17:52 -0700, samsloan
wrote:

I am trying to capture her music on the Internet but cannot seem to do
so.

Can anybody help?

If your ex wants her music on the internet, I'm sure she can find a
way on her own.

Phil
Old October 23rd 07, 08:11 PM posted to nyc.politics,nyc.general,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
Rob Rob is offline

On Oct 23, 12:17 pm, samsloan wrote:
Go to:

http://pointers.audiovideoweb.com/as...inlive6542.asx

My ex-wife Anda, who is a former professional concert pianist but is
now just a school teacher, is playing the piano right now for a
meeting of the New York State Board of Regents athttp://www.nysed.gov

The meeting is at Borough Hall Brooklyn. Anda is the mother of Peter
Aravena Sloan, a USCF master.

I am trying to capture her music on the Internet but cannot seem to do
so.

Can anybody help?

Sam Sloan

www.musicmatch.com

Old October 23rd 07, 09:49 PM posted to nyc.politics,nyc.general,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:

I am trying to capture her music on the Internet but cannot seem to do
so.

Can anybody help?

If your ex wants her music on the internet, I'm sure she can find a
way on her own.

Phil

She has music she played on my website:

http://www.samsloan.com/anda.htm
http://www.samsloan.com/baumanis.htm

The difference that this was an official performance for the New York
State Board of Regents, her first public performance in years.

Actually, she just played the piano when the board members came in to
be seated and again as they were leaving but it was still a
performance.

Knowing her, she probably practiced one hundred hours for this short
performance.

Sam Sloan

PS The USCF should study this meeting as an example of how to conduct
a board meeting. Everybody gives a speech about how great everybody
else is, all motions pass unanimously (including the one to increase
the expenditures by $28 million) and the entire meeting is completed
in 40 minutes.

Old October 24th 07, 12:43 PM posted to nyc.politics,nyc.general,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 03:46:30 GMT, LEO wrote:

Glad to see she got her life back after having to suffer with a loser
like you for so long.

While your wife continues to suffer through life with you, an impotent
double loser. Fate can so be cruel. Have you considered doing
something thoughtful for your wife, like committing suicide, to make
her life better?

Oh snap!

Phil

Old October 24th 07, 02:02 PM posted to nyc.politics,nyc.general,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:

I am trying to capture her music on the Internet but cannot seem to do
so.

Can anybody help?

If your ex wants her music on the internet, I'm sure she can find a
way on her own.

Phil

She has music she played on my website:

http://www.samsloan.com/anda.htm
http://www.samsloan.com/baumanis.htm

Nice performances here of Chopin's Minute Waltz and a Beethoven
Bagatelle.

This explains why Sam has a son who's a chess master. Piano aptitude
and chess aptitude seem to correlate highly for some reason. ;-|

LT

Old October 25th 07, 03:03 AM posted to nyc.politics,nyc.general,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

http://www.samsloan.com/anda.htmhttp...m/baumanis.htm

Nice performances here of Chopin's Minute Waltz and a Beethoven
Bagatelle.

This explains why Sam has a son who's a chess master. Piano aptitude
and chess aptitude seem to correlate highly for some reason. ;-|

I gather Sam Sloan wasn't married to Geza Anda.

Old October 25th 07, 12:41 PM posted to nyc.politics,nyc.general,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:41:23 GMT, LEO wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 00:32:54 -0400, Slim wrote:

Too bad Sam Sloan is a total loser with no social or interpersonal skills.

Much like you.

Double snap!

Phil
Old October 25th 07, 02:11 PM posted to nyc.politics,nyc.general,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:

I am trying to capture her music on the Internet but cannot seem to do
so.

Can anybody help?

If your ex wants her music on the internet, I'm sure she can find a
way on her own.

Phil

She has music she played on my website:

http://www.samsloan.com/anda.htmhttp...m/baumanis.htm

Nice performances here of Chopin's Minute Waltz and a Beethoven
Bagatelle.

This explains why Sam has a son who's a chess master. Piano aptitude
and chess aptitude seem to correlate highly for some reason. ;-|

I gather Sam Sloan wasn't married to Geza Anda.

No, Anda Baumanis. But really, she plays very well.

They say you should never make a joke about someone's name because the
bearer of the name has undoubtedly heard it a thousand times before.
So we probably wouldn't be the first to suggest to Sam's ex that she
could marry Geza Anda and then compete with Lang Lang.

LT