Old October 25th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default I can't walk

I had surgery on my knee yesterday at St. Barnabas Hospital in the
Bronx.

The result of the operation is I can't walk.

Actually, I can walk a little bit on crutches but it is so painful I
can only move a few feet at a time.

Basically, I cannot put any weight at all on my right leg.

The doctor says that it will be about six weeks before I can walk
normally again.

Old October 25th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 25, 9:11 am, samsloan wrote:
I had surgery on my knee yesterday at St. Barnabas Hospital in the
Bronx.

The result of the operation is I can't walk.

Actually, I can walk a little bit on crutches but it is so painful I
can only move a few feet at a time.

Basically, I cannot put any weight at all on my right leg.

The doctor says that it will be about six weeks before I can walk
normally again.

Sam Sloan

I am sorry to read of your condition. I hope your healing is swift and
you are ambulatory soon.

Old October 25th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 25, 9:11 am, samsloan wrote:
I had surgery on my knee yesterday at St. Barnabas Hospital in the
Bronx.

The result of the operation is I can't walk.

Actually, I can walk a little bit on crutches but it is so painful I
can only move a few feet at a time.

Basically, I cannot put any weight at all on my right leg.

The doctor says that it will be about six weeks before I can walk
normally again.

Sam Sloan

I walk with cane. I understand your problems, Sam.

Take care,

Marcus Roberts

Old October 26th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsawmiller
What kind of surgery? Arthroscopic?
Yes. That is it. Arthroscopic Surgery.

I am trying to figure out what he did. There are just three small
holes in my knee area. He was Dr. Paul Kleinman. I was diagnosed as
having a torn meniscus. He said that once he got inside there he found
some arthritis too. So, he drilled some small holes in the bone which
will grow back in a few weeks and reduce the arthritis.

I was in great pain through this morning but now the pain has largely
subsided so I am beginning to feel that I will be OK after all. I
looked it up on the Internet and I might be able to walk again in a
month.