Old October 26th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Fischer, Fine, Kasparov on the USCF

CHESS LIES

BOBBY FISCHER: "I have nothing to do with them...I would appreciate it
if all my fans canceled their subscriptions to their horrible magazine
Chess Life. I call it Chess Lies and withdrew from the membership of
this organization."

REUBEN FINE: "The USCF is a meaningless paper organization, generally
antagonistic to the needs of its masters."

GARRY KASPAROV: "The small minded leaders of the USCF try to keep it
an amateur game and must be purged like entrenched Communist
bureaucrats."

Old October 26th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:52:08 -0700, "
wrote:

CHESS LIES

BOBBY FISCHER: "I have nothing to do with them...I would appreciate it
if all my fans canceled their subscriptions to their horrible magazine
Chess Life. I call it Chess Lies and withdrew from the membership of
this organization."

REUBEN FINE: "The USCF is a meaningless paper organization, generally
antagonistic to the needs of its masters."

GARRY KASPAROV: "The small minded leaders of the USCF try to keep it
an amateur game and must be purged like entrenched Communist
bureaucrats."

Didn't take this one long to get copied onto the Polgar blog (sans
attribution and with the order of the quotes shuffled).

http://chessdiscussion.com/phpBB3/vi....php?f=4&t=452

I guess it shows they're still *reading* usenet, even if not posting.
Old October 26th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:

CHESS LIES

BOBBY FISCHER: "I have nothing to do with them...I would appreciate it
if all my fans canceled their subscriptions to their horrible magazine
Chess Life. I call it Chess Lies and withdrew from the membership of
this organization."

REUBEN FINE: "The USCF is a meaningless paper organization, generally
antagonistic to the needs of its masters."

GARRY KASPAROV: "The small minded leaders of the USCF try to keep it
an amateur game and must be purged like entrenched Communist
bureaucrats."

Didn't take this one long to get copied onto the Polgar blog (sans
attribution and with the order of the quotes shuffled).

http://chessdiscussion.com/phpBB3/vi....php?f=4&t=452

I guess it shows they're still *reading* usenet, even if not posting.

I just went over there to look and saw some funny things.

Many of the posters there apparently do not realize that that forum is
heavily moderated, and nothing negative about Polgar or Truong is
allowed to be posted there.

I also found the following statement by Gregory Alexander to be funny:

"If I was not so ingrained in this community, I would immediately quit
the USCF after this. I am sure that others feel this way to and will
walk away. Dirty politics..."

You would never know from this that Gregory Alexander just joined the
USCF for the first time a few months ago and played his first USCF
rated game of chess in August. Thus, he is not "ingrained in this
community". He is a newcomer here.

Expecting that forum to provide you with the real information about
Polgar is like expecting the Fox TV Network to tell you the truth
about George W. Bush.

Old October 26th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:

CHESS LIES

BOBBY FISCHER: "I have nothing to do with them...I would appreciate it
if all my fans canceled their subscriptions to their horrible magazine
Chess Life. I call it Chess Lies and withdrew from the membership of
this organization."

REUBEN FINE: "The USCF is a meaningless paper organization, generally
antagonistic to the needs of its masters."

GARRY KASPAROV: "The small minded leaders of the USCF try to keep it
an amateur game and must be purged like entrenched Communist
bureaucrats."

Didn't take this one long to get copied onto the Polgar blog (sans
attribution and with the order of the quotes shuffled).

http://chessdiscussion.com/phpBB3/vi....php?f=4&t=452

I guess it shows they're still *reading* usenet, even if not posting.

Shortly after I posted this, Susan Polgar edited her post to add:

'I do not know if these quotes are completely accurate or not but it
was sent to me this morning. I have never heard them before. Perhaps
someone can verify the authenticity of these quotes. Unfortunately, if
true, it is quite sad."

I guess she didn't want people to get the impression they are actually
*reading* this forum.

This is getting pretty funny.
Old October 26th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote:
[...]

This is getting pretty funny.- Hide quoted text -

Humor is the only way to deal with this. Without a sense of humor,
anyone would
run away from the Chess Federation. Texas Tech will have to drop the
entire
chess program over this. I grew up in Austin, and I love to lobby
state legislatures.
All I have to do is start calling names on the radio, and the entire
chess program
collapses.

Do you think the Governor of Texas wants anti chess radio ads? After
raido ads are
run against Polgar and her Chess institute, her contract can't be
renewed. Texas
Tech is dependant on the Texas Legislature, for money. The powers that
be in Texas
will view ALL chessplayers as people that can't be trusted.

No matter what "side" of this civil war you are on, you need to laugh.
The entire cast of
characters borders on a truly insanse group of people.

Marcus Roberts

Old October 26th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
SBD SBD is offline

On Oct 26, 7:52 am, " wrote:
CHESS LIES

BOBBY FISCHER: "I have nothing to do with them...I would appreciate it
if all my fans canceled their subscriptions to their horrible magazine
Chess Life. I call it Chess Lies and withdrew from the membership of
this organization."

Weren't you editor of Chess Life when he made that statement?

Old October 26th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Oct 26, 1:52 pm, " wrote:
CHESS LIES

BOBBY FISCHER: "I have nothing to do with them...I would appreciate it
if all my fans canceled their subscriptions to their horrible magazine
Chess Life. I call it Chess Lies and withdrew from the membership of
this organization."

REUBEN FINE: "The USCF is a meaningless paper organization, generally
antagonistic to the needs of its masters."

GARRY KASPAROV: "The small minded leaders of the USCF try to keep it
an amateur game and must be purged like entrenched Communist
bureaucrats."

When were these said? Last month? Ten years ago??

Old October 26th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Oct 26, 2:05 pm, SBD wrote:
On Oct 26, 7:52 am, " wrote:

CHESS LIES

BOBBY FISCHER: "I have nothing to do with them...I would appreciate it
if all my fans canceled their subscriptions to their horrible magazine
Chess Life. I call it Chess Lies and withdrew from the membership of
this organization."

Weren't you editor of Chess Life when he made that statement?

No, he was not. That statement was made in Yugoslavia during the 1992
match with Boris Spassky. Parr was the editor of Chess Life in around
1985.

Old October 26th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

wrote in message
oups.com...

CHESS LIES

BOBBY FISCHER: "I have nothing to do with them...I would appreciate it
if all my fans canceled their subscriptions to their horrible magazine
Chess Life. I call it Chess Lies and withdrew from the membership of
this organization."

REUBEN FINE: "The USCF is a meaningless paper organization, generally
antagonistic to the needs of its masters."

GARRY KASPAROV: "The small minded leaders of the USCF try to keep it
an amateur game and must be purged like entrenched Communist
bureaucrats."

"dead" Garry Kasparov

"frozen" Anatoly Karpov

but larry, here we have the denouement: i know everthing, have done so for a
long time. and if it is the wish of the federation to contest current issues
with lawyers, we should all look around for 3 nuns to administer the ratings
system. what else is there to regret?

Phil Innes

Old October 26th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 18:46:48 -0000, Offramp
wrote:

On Oct 26, 1:52 pm, " wrote:
CHESS LIES

BOBBY FISCHER: "I have nothing to do with them...I would appreciate it
if all my fans canceled their subscriptions to their horrible magazine
Chess Life. I call it Chess Lies and withdrew from the membership of
this organization."

REUBEN FINE: "The USCF is a meaningless paper organization, generally
antagonistic to the needs of its masters."

GARRY KASPAROV: "The small minded leaders of the USCF try to keep it
an amateur game and must be purged like entrenched Communist
bureaucrats."

When were these said? Last month? Ten years ago??

Rumor has it that Fine was consulted via the Ouija board a couple days
ago.