Old October 26th 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

Default Bill Brock has been served

I understand that Bill Brock was served at 12:20 today in Chicago by
my licensed process server.

Bill Brock has been quiet lately.

I wonder why.

Old October 26th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Oct 26, 3:07 pm, samsloan wrote:
I understand that Bill Brock was served at 12:20 today in Chicago by
my licensed process server.

Bill Brock has been quiet lately.

I wonder why.

Sam Sloan

Office football pool was due!

Old October 26th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Oct 26, 4:12 pm, wrote:
On Oct 26, 3:07 pm, samsloan wrote:

I understand that Bill Brock was served at 12:20 today in Chicago by
my licensed process server.

Bill Brock has been quiet lately.

I wonder why.

Sam Sloan

Office football pool was due!

I was expecting you to admit or deny that you were served today.

Old October 26th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Oct 26, 3:25 pm, samsloan wrote:
On Oct 26, 4:12 pm, wrote:

On Oct 26, 3:07 pm, samsloan wrote:

I understand that Bill Brock was served at 12:20 today in Chicago by
my licensed process server.

Bill Brock has been quiet lately.

I wonder why.

Sam Sloan

Office football pool was due!

I was expecting you to admit or deny that you were served today.

Sam Sloan

Why did you name Bill Brock as a defendant? What did he do to you?

Marcus Roberts

Old October 26th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

I was served.

From whom did you borrow the money?

Old October 26th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 26, 4:36 pm, wrote:
I was served.

From whom did you borrow the money?

Thank you for being man enough to admit it (unlike some others).

I did not have to borrow the $75 (process servers are getting
expensive). I am a book publisher with 26 books in print.

Take a look at my latest chess book:

http://www.samsloan.com/palbenko.htm

Old October 26th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 26, 4:15 pm, samsloan wrote:
On Oct 26, 4:36 pm, wrote:

I was served.

From whom did you borrow the money?

Thank you for being man enough to admit it (unlike some others).

I did not have to borrow the $75 (process servers are getting
expensive). I am a book publisher with 26 books in print.

Take a look at my latest chess book:

http://www.samsloan.com/palbenko.htm

Sam Sloan

A good title.

I must that admit you are the preeminent child-molesting chess book
publisher in the US.

Old October 27th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Oct 26, 3:30 pm, wrote:

I was expecting you to admit or deny that you were served today.

Sam Sloan

Why did you name Bill Brock as a defendant? What did he do to you?

Marcus Roberts

As I understand it, Bill Brock smashed Mr. Sloan in a
crucial chess match, *refuting* both of his pet lines: the
Grob and Damiano's Defense. Obviously, were this to
happen to any of us, we would do the same thing: sue
in retaliation.

Wait a second... maybe I am confused... maybe that
only happened in my dreams... maybe in reality, NO!
No way! It couldn't be... but I think it is -- SS defeated
BB -- in spite of it all? In spite of playing gobbledegook
openings and Jabberwock defenses? Yes, it's coming
back to me now: Mr. Sloan did in fact WIN that match!

There is no justice in chess. Might as well serve BB.
Might as well pour radioactive waste onto him as well.
What harm can it possibly do... now? There is nothing
left but a shadow of a man... broken... demolished.

-- help bot

Old October 27th 07, 06:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodulf
I'll probably
kick myself for asking this, but: served with what? Is he a party to
your lawsuit? A witness? If he's a defendant, on what theory?

*sigh*
He was served with a summons and complaint and he is a defendant under
several theories.

See http://www.samsloan.com/truong-polgar-lawsuit.pdf

Sam Sloan
It was good to learn from RGCP that you have book publishing income.
Bill is a CPA, and from my experience, they seek to recoup expenses.
Just for fun (since I know you believe you are going to win this
lawsuit) how much do you make in a year on your book publishing
business?

Randy Bauer
I am happy to tell you. I make about $600 a month.

Ok. It's not much, I admit. I just got my check for this month and it
was for $635.94.

Now, if you would let USCF Sales sell my five chess books and allow my
five chess books to be advertised in Chess Life, you would get more
money from this judgment you obviously think you are going to win.

The problem is that Bill Goichberg has instructed the Chess Life
editor not to publish my name in Chess Life for any reason. For
example, this month my name would have appeared in Chess Life at least
two times and possibly as many as four times, had it not been for the
Goichberg directive. The Larry Evans column "What's the Best Move" has
four problems all taken from my recently published book "White to Play
and Win". (Those four games were not in the original book published in
1939. They were added by me when I revised and updated the book in
2007.) Similarly, the Benko column this month featured compositions by
Troitzky derived from my book "Collection of Chess Studies" recently
reprinted by me. I just got off the phone with Benko in Hungary and he
told me that he had mentioned two of my books in the column he
submitted for publication in Chess Life, but both mentions were taken
out by the editor.

So, if you would countermand that directive not to publish my name and
get me treated equally with any normal book publisher, there would be
more money available for the judgment that you think that you are
going to win.

Old October 27th 07, 07:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal

On Oct 27, 12:42 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

It appears to me that your civil case depends on the possible criminal
prosecution of Troung. The
Texas Tech police told me that they were planning to launch a major
criminal investigation.
Furthermore, the police told me that it was FEDERAL. I suspect that
Judge Lafferty's complaint
was sent to the US Attorney in Texas. I think the US Attorney
contacted the Texas Tech police. When
I called, it was unexpected. They only thought (at that point) that
you and Judge Lafferty were involved.

The major felony is these threats to kill over my "vote" in FIDE.
Judge Lafferty joined the USCF
in December 2006. So, the US attorney probably made this case a lower
priority. How could have
Brian known about the DEATH THREATS?

Threats to kill like this have been a crime since the early days of US
mail, when people
started sending written letters to kill. This has been a felony for
about 100 years.

With these death threats, and my conversations with the Chief of Staff
to the President of Texas
Tech, I sense that the investigation will be given a little more
attention and resources.

A major felony crime has been committed, by EB member Paul TRoung. If
he is charged, he
will not be testifying at your civil trial until the completion of the
criminal trial, which could take a year
or two.

Like I said, this case is about DEATH THREATS, not internet
harassment. Paul has tried, over and over
again, to keep on calling me loony, to avoid the FELONY death threat
charge, instead of the MISDEMEANOR
harassment charges.

I do not see how Susan Polgar or Paul Troung can continue their
employment at Texas Tech based on these DEATH threats. Unless Susan
Polgar files for divorce, this is not an issue of family loyalty.

It appears to me that all of us have a much closer personal bond
because of these threats, and I am proud to call myself an associate
of Sam Sloan, and I intend to support his litigation, with every cent
I have to my name.
These people at the Chess Federation truly believe they are above the
law.

Marcus Roberts