Old October 27th 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Fake Bill Goichberg breaks into the USCF President's account

The big scandal over at the USCF Forums is, to prove his claim that
any child could have spoofed The Fake Sam Sloan and made him appear to
be Paul Truong, Gregory Alexander logged in as Bill Goichberg, who
uses the screenname "ChessOffice".

Now, Gregory is evading questions that he did it, even though
everybody knows that he did.

Here is the fake posting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessoffice
I am not Bill Goichberg, let me repeat again,
this is not Goichberg. However, I am a concerned member that did a
test on my own. It took me no time at all to hack into particular
segments of this account, and maybe a bit longer to identify other
critical areas of your computer systems. A good hacker may have able
to access various email accounts, and even your financial records.
However, rest assured, if they did; I don't think that they would have
read your personal emails or access your financial accounts. However,
I made posts on the use-net under a false identity that correlates to
your IP registered here. It is possible, and easily done if you can
hack.

I made this test against you as you were likely the person that
authorized this investigation, and, you have staunchly defended your
system administrator when he hacked into other members accounts, and
approving the USCF to make public investigations of this kind.
However, other than this, I did not do any harm to your systems other
than to test the hypothesis of how easy spoofing someone's identity
really is. Nor did I do this test on any other member other than you.

If I were you, and subject to this type of hack, I would change your
credit card numbers if you used them on your computer systems, or
other sites with the same password. Furthermore, you should think
about wiping out your hard drives on your computer systems as a
keylogger may have been installed there too. I recognize that if you
have a networked environment, this is harder to do, but since we are
now allowing USCF data to be used to launch these types of personal
investigations, I am sure that you will understand that this test was
done to verify the possibility of this type of an attack with good
intent. This type of investigation is weak, and if I wanted to, I
could easily frame you. Bad passwords, along with IP addresses, allow
all kinds of hacking to be done. I hope that my point is made.

By the way, displaying the IP's definitely helped me to achieve this.
Since most experts agree that 20% of the computer systems are subject
to some type of hacking attempt, you just allowed this type of
investigation to be used against other members, such as yourself.
Congratulations Bill.

Signing off,

The FAKE Goichberg.
Old October 27th 07, 08:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Oct 27, 2:08 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

I am reporting this to the US Attoreny, and I am asking for a full
criminal prosecution of the person
who broke into the account.

Marcus Roberts

Old October 27th 07, 09:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

samsloan wrote:

The big scandal over at the USCF Forums is, to prove his claim that
any child could have spoofed The Fake Sam Sloan and made him appear to
be Paul Truong

A Red Herring. The question is not that, but "who did it?" in
reality. This goes right along with the privacy rights diversion
and the Evans ratpack lunacy regarding what LP has or has
not "seen".

The posting (which I snipped) appears to be a lame attempt
at discrediting the accuser, SS, and the USCF tech guy, by
implicating them as hacker-enablers who publish IP addresses.
This is yet another lame diversion from the real issue. The sad
thing is that I expect SS's case to be tossed out on some
technicality or other, the evil S. Polgar clan to remain in power,
and for the USCF to continue doing what it always has.

-- help bot

Old October 27th 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Oct 27, 3:15 am, wrote:

I am reporting this to the US Attoreny, and I am asking for a full
criminal prosecution of the person
who broke into the account.

Marcus Roberts

Please Note: Gregory Alexander will say that he is justified in doing
it because Brian Mottershead "hacked" into his account.

However, Brian Mottershead was the administrator of that account, and
when Gregory Alexander reported a problem with the account and asked
for help, Brian Mottershead naturally logged into the account to find
out what the problem was.

It was just a coincidence that this happened just at about the time
that the Polgar/Truong Scandal broke and Gregory Alexander was
suspected of being an accomplice.

Old October 27th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

When replying to these chess politics posts, please delete
rec.games.chess.computer from the newsgroups list.
They have nothing to do with computer chess. Just because
Sam Sloan crossposts off-topic material, that doesn't mean
you have to do the same when you reply.

Old October 27th 07, 06:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

There would be digital evidence of the hack. Plus, the alleged target would
have found out rather quickly that he was being framed, and reported it to
the police.

Oh sure there is. Use XP and that digital evidence will be obvious.
Unbelieveable that something so lame can be believed. Paul and Susan
have barely taken office and they are accused of 4 years of treachery.
While those who have been in office for a long time say we haven't
done any wrong....

yet they did.

EZoto