Old October 27th 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.mexico

Default Eric Moskow and the Reshevsky Memorial

Eric Moskow gives money to tournaments so that he can play in those
tournaments.

His FIDE rating is 2254, so he knows that he will not be invited to an
All-Grandmaster tournament unless he sponsors it.

Earlier this year, he played in the Gausdal GM-A in Gausdal, Norway, a
tournament in which the LOWEST Rated player other than himself was
Grandmaster Lajos Portisch, rated 2512.

Moskow drew two games and lost the rest.

Moskow agreed to sponsor the Reshevsky Memorial Tournament in Lubbock,
Texas because it seemed to be a strong tournament that he would like
to play in. When he realized that were questions about the organizers,
he withdrew. I am sure that the event can still be held (and I for one
would like to see it held) if Susan Polgar is willing to step aside
and let the Texas Tech staff run it. Unfortunately, she so far has not
been willing to step aside.

By the way, thirty years ago Eric Moskow was one of the top junior
players in the USA. However, he gave it all up to study and become a
medical doctor. Bad choice: He should have become a poor GM rather
than a rich doctor.

Sam Sloan

PS I wonder why it is called the Reshevsky Memorial. Why not call it
the Carlos Torre Memorial (the best player in the history of Mexico)
or the Ken Smith Memorial (the best player in Texas)?

Old October 27th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.mexico

On Oct 27, 7:11 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

I will be objecting to the event on the grounds that Mr. Moskow is
trying to BULLY
me into a settlement. If that event is held at Texas Tech, I will run
radio ads
embarassing Texas Tech. Mr. Moskow will have leal problems, police,
and he
will probably get sued himself, if he continues to interfere in this
litigation.

I hope he keeps on trying to work out settlements. The closer he
gets,
the more I am likely to sue that ass hole.

Marcus Roberts

Old October 27th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.mexico

On Oct 27, 8:15 am, wrote:
[...]

Wait a second! I filed the lawsuit and I want the event to be held.

Old October 27th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.mexico

On Oct 27, 7:36 am, samsloan wrote:
On Oct 27, 8:15 am, wrote:

[...]

Sam Sloan- Hide quoted text -

It all depends on the criminal investigation. If Troung gets charged,
Sam, the event is awkard for Texas Tech.
timing is eveything. If Paul Troung gets arrested for threaening to
kill me, I do not see how Texas Tech
can hold that tournamnet. However,

If the investigation stalls, then ok, we will wait and see.

Marcus Roberts

Old October 27th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.mexico

On Oct 27, 8:15 am, wrote:

[...]

If Truong has nothing to do with the tournament, and Sweety Pie runs
it, what is the problem?

Old October 27th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.mexico

On Oct 27, 8:15 am, wrote:

[...]

I meant Sweetie Pie (spelling corrected).

Old October 27th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.mexico

On Oct 27, 8:15 am, wrote:

[...]

If Troung were kept away from the tournament, and Moskow doesn't
interfere with the evidence, the witnesses, and
doesn't use the tournament as a place to hold a settlement meeting
without me, then ok. The problem is that
he is going to take over (becasue he has a GOD complex), and arrange a
defacto settlement conference at the tournament. As I am not invited,
this makes me end up suing him and Texas Tech. The tournament becomes
the meeting site I was screaming about.

You can't have all of the partities gather, and exclude me from a
settlement meeting, becasue I am an "A" player.

The chess tournament becomes part of the litigation in question, and
for that not to happen, I need to be present at the tournament.

It's tricky, Sam.

Marcus Roberts

Old October 27th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,alt.mexico

On Oct 27, 8:15 am, wrote:

[...]

I meant Sweetie Pie (spelling corrected).- Hide quoted text -

What needs to happen is that Moskow call a settlemnet conference in
Lubbock at the tournament, and invite me.
This needs to happen right away. If I remember right, the chess
tournament is November 9-16. Toward the latter part of the
tournament, we need to have an open meeting to discuss the crisis. All
USCF members need to be welcome who
are part of the suit.

Furthemore, GOD needs to offer to pay for the plane tickets and one
night in a hotel for everyone

Lafferty, Gordon, Roberts, Sloan, and everyone else who was mentioned.

If that happens, and the Texas Tech police offer me security from
Troung, then I will not object to the tournment. If I see a sneaky
little nerd trying to form a new national chess assocaition, I'll seek
a TRO against Texas Tech from holding that tournment, or
make that tournment an item of public scorn.

My offer is clear, Sam. WE NEED A PEACE CONFERENCE.

Marcus

Old October 27th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
SBD SBD is offline

Larry, you support this lunacy? Must be invited? Can't keep me out
because I am an A player? What the hell would a "settlement
conference" be for? Does any of this make sense to anyone other than
Roberts, and apparently, CL's worst ever editor?

Old October 27th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On Oct 27, 9:35 am, SBD wrote:
Larry, you support this lunacy? Must be invited? Can't keep me out
because I am an A player? What the hell would a "settlement
conference" be for? Does any of this make sense to anyone other than
Roberts, and apparently, CL's worst ever editor?

OK, I'll contact the Attorney General of Texas, the General Counsel of
Texas Tech, and file a complaint with the
TEXAS BAR ASSOCAITON. Mr. Moskow is apparently engaged in the
UNLICENCED PRATICE of LAW in TEXAS.
He is using his money, trying to work settlements, hold conferences,
and get Texas Tech out of a lawusit. He has become
an attorney invovled in the case, and he has no licence.

Unless I hear different, the tournament will be cancelled, or the
TEXAS BAR will investigate.

So, EAT ME. Your tournamnet is history 50/50, unless I can look up the
Texas bar rules and find a way this would be legal.

As long as the tournament is OFF TEXAS TECH PROPERTY (at a hotel)
that's fine. You can't use public
property becasue Sloan has sued Texas Tech. Sloan did it, not me.

Better Call Moskow, and tell him I said rent a hotel, and FAST. Still,
if I hear about a settlement conference, I'll sue.

Marcus Roberts
Plantiff