Old October 28th 07, 12:58 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.games.chess.politics

Default V. Anand -- World Chess Champion

Greetings,

Now that V. Anand has regained the championship of world chess, his
followers around the world are celebrating. Still I was curious how
this news was received by the various factions in India such as the
Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, and others. Can anyone help me understand?
How widespread is chess in the various aspects of Indian culture?

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Old October 28th 07, 08:18 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 27, 11:58 pm, "j.d.walker" wrote:
Greetings,

Now that V. Anand has regained the championship of world chess, his
followers around the world are celebrating. Still I was curious how
this news was received by the various factions in India such as the
Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, and others. Can anyone help me understand?
How widespread is chess in the various aspects of Indian culture?

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Go to the link below, it might be a better place to get an answer than
sci.

http://www.cpai.in/

Old October 28th 07, 09:07 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 28, 1:18 am, fruitella wrote:
On Oct 27, 11:58 pm, "j.d.walker" wrote:

Greetings,

Now that V. Anand has regained the championship of world chess, his
followers around the world are celebrating. Still I was curious how
this news was received by the various factions in India such as the
Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, and others. Can anyone help me understand?
How widespread is chess in the various aspects of Indian culture?

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Go to the link below, it might be a better place to get an answer than
sci.

http://www.cpai.in/

Thank you for the link.

Old October 30th 07, 03:41 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.games.chess.politics

"j.d.walker" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings,

Now that V. Anand has regained the championship of world chess, his
followers around the world are celebrating. Still I was curious how
this news was received by the various factions in India such as the
Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, and others. Can anyone help me understand?
How widespread is chess in the various aspects of Indian culture?

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

in india - and i am speaking of india only as you asked for - the minorities
of non-native religions, ie xtians and muslims, are never happy with
anything that the majority mainstream people do. anand should get a ticker
tape parade in new delhi but congress party headed by a xtian sonia gandhi,
would never honor him. sonia has not even called anand to congratulate him
although she travels all over the world at hindu taxpayers' expense
pretending to represent india, notwithstanding the fact that she is not
eligible to do so!!! the bjp most definitely would have as it does any
indian regardless of religion. the bjp even rolled out red carpet for the
pope although the ungrateful pope declared he wanted to convert the heathens
the moment he stepped out of india after enjoying hindu hospitality!!! this
shows that monotheists are never a happy people with whom you can do
business in good faith - ie in india.

sikhs are a native religion and hence they are happy bout anand. but for
some strange reason sikhs don't play chess. is it relgious?

Old October 30th 07, 04:36 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 30, 8:41 am, "harmony" wrote:
"j.d.walker" wrote in message

[...]

Thank you, that was exactly what I was curious about.

Cheers,
J.D. Walker

Old December 17th 07, 11:10 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.religion.hindu

In article ,
"harmony" posted:

"j.d.walker" wrote in message
[...]

There is definitely something about Sikhs not exercising
their mind through Shataranj; I have had only one Sikh
opponent in all my Shataranj years. Perhaps they feel
that it is a form of gambling, because most don't go
to Las Vegas either.

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/24fq83
http://www.mantra.com/jai
http://www.mantra.com/jyotish
Om Shanti

Old December 17th 07, 11:57 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.religion.hindu

and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote in
message news:[email protected]
In article ,
"harmony" posted:

"j.d.walker" wrote in message
[...]

the sikhs seem to vote for congressis a lot despite the 84 event. isn't that
a huge gamble?
what would you rather gamble with chess or congressi?

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/24fq83
http://www.mantra.com/jai
http://www.mantra.com/jyotish
Om Shanti

Old December 18th 07, 05:07 AM posted to soc.culture.indian, rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 30, 11:41 pm, "harmony" wrote:

sikhs are a native religion and hence they are happy bout anand. but for
some strange reason sikhs don't play chess. is it relgious?

The sikhs are the most unworthy to be called Indians. These buggers
are traitors to Hindus all over the world.

When Indians are in the good news, sikhs want to be part of Indians.

When Indians are in bad news, sikhs claim they are not Indians.

Don't trust these turban heads where ever you are in the world!
Old December 21st 07, 12:12 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,rec.games.chess.politics,alt.religion.hindu

There's little or no gamble in Shataranj, but nearly everything
is a gamble with the Congress party.

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/24fq83
http://www.mantra.com/jai