Old October 29th 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default HOT NEWS: Gregory Alexander has been logging in as Bill Goichberg for at least one month

HOT NEWS: Gregory Alexander has been logging in as Bill Goichberg for
at least one month

This has come out in the debates now taking place on the USCF Issues
Forum. Gregory Alexander has been behaving strangely all along, for
example screaming shrilly when Brian Mottershead went into his newly
created account after Gregory had complained about some problems with
that account of which Brian Mottershead was the administrator. Then,
screaming that anybody can fake an IP address when nobody else can
seem to do so. Next, insisting that the Mottershead Report means
nothing when everybody else who has read the report finds that it
proves conclusively that Paul Truong is the Fake Sam Sloan

What brought this to a head is that Gregory Alexander logged in and
posted as Bill Goichberg, for the purpose of making the point that
this is an easy thing to do. Now, it has been determined that the
"Fake Bill Goichberg" was using an anonymizer.com account to login and
then Brian Mottershead remembered that one month ago when he was
investigating the Fake Sam Sloan, he observed that Bill Goichberg was
often logged in using an anonymizer.com address, which seemed odd
since one would expect that the USCF President would log in using his
own address.

Now, it has suddenly hit everybody that all along since at least
September 28, Gregory Alexander has been logging in as Bill Goichberg.
This means that Gregory has had the capability of reading Bill
Goichberg's private messages.

The implications of this are enormous, especially considering the
pending Fake Sam Sloan investigation.

One of the odd things is that Bill Goichberg has been silent on this
entire matter. One suspects that his attorneys have told him not to
say anything. But, how can Goichberg function as USCF President if he
is required to remain silent on such an important matter as this?

Of course, Brian Mottershead cannot investigate this latest incident
because Bill Goichberg suspended him from being an administrator due
to the complaints by Gregory Alexander!!!

I named Gregory Alexander as a defendant to my lawsuit. At the time I
was in a quandary as to whether to name him or not. It was clear that
he was a bad guy, but I could not be sure if he was part of the
conspiracy or just a malicious and irritating gadfly. Finally, I
decided to include him and now I am so glad I did as it is becoming
clear that he it part of the conspiracy.

Sam Sloan

Here is one of the postings today by Brian Mottershead on this
subject:

"Actually back at the beginning of the month when I was looking
into these sort of things, I happened to look at who was accessing the
site from anonymizer.com, and it was only four names. I remember them
quite distinctly because it was a rather striking list. One of the
names was "chessoffice", which struck me as very odd at the time. I
wish I had had the presence of mind not to believe it and to warn Bill
Goichberg to change his password. Oh, well.

"So Gregory, I notice you haven't answered the question about
whether you have accessed the site from anonymizer.com."

Old October 29th 07, 07:11 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Oct 29, 1:23 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam

Isn't it a crime to hack an account. This appears to be to be evidence
tampering.
Should not the US Attorney be contacted with a complaint against this
defendant?
I am not an attorney, but I suspect that Gregory has broken federal
law by
hacking into the account without permission.

Who can make a complaint? It appears to me that you have a RULE 11
complaint
against Gregory and the USCF counsel for this action. Perhaps you
should
call Judge Lafferty and see what he thinks.

I am not giving legal advice, I just suggest that Gregory has no legal
right
to hack this account, and as a defendant, he could be sanctioned by
the
court.

Marcus Roberts
future Plantiff

Old October 29th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Oct 29, 12:23 am, samsloan wrote:
HOT NEWS: Gregory Alexander has been logging in as Bill Goichberg for
at least one month

Sam, nothing in anything that Brian Mottershead wrote supports the
idea that anyone has been FREQUENTLY logging in to Bill Goichberg's
account from anonymizer.com. It apparently happened at least once
before the Fake Goichberg post on October 26, but that's all that you
can say.

The real Theodulf

Old October 29th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

[quote="Brian Mottershead"]One question I would like to ask Bill
Goichberg is on what other sites he used the "chessoffice" username?
On which of those sites did the chessoffice account have the same
password as here, prior to the "Fake Bill Goichberg" break-in last
week. I see there is a "chessoffice" on the Member List for
collegechess.org. I wonder if the password was the same as here.[/
quote]

Bingo. By Jove, I think you've got it!

Old October 30th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

NOVEMBER CHESS LIFE

Gregory Alexander has been named November Volunteer of the Month by
the USCF with a one page tribute by USCF president Bill Goichberg.

Old October 30th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

samsloan wrote:
[quote="Brian Mottershead"]One question I would like to ask Bill
Goichberg is on what other sites he used the "chessoffice" username?
On which of those sites did the chessoffice account have the same
password as here, prior to the "Fake Bill Goichberg" break-in last
week. I see there is a "chessoffice" on the Member List for
collegechess.org. I wonder if the password was the same as here.[/
quote]

Bingo. By Jove, I think you've got it!

This is a real problem. It now seems clear that Gregory Alexander has
been working hand-in-glove with Polgar and Truong far more closely
than anybody expected. Remember all the "anonymous" postings that
appeared on susanpolgar.blogspot.com saying, "Go back to your country
you freaking foreigners. We don't want no women or foreigners on the
USCF Executive Board." It now seems likely that all these postings
(hundreds of them) were by Gregory Alexander. Remember when Susan
Polgar claimed to Mig Greengard that she and Paul Truong could not
possible be "Voice of Reason" because they were on a flight from
Lubbock Texas to New York City when some of the posts appeared. It now
seems likely that Gregory Alexander could have made those posts by
prior agreement to create the impression that Truong and Polgar were
not involved.

Finally, it seems likely that Gregory Alexander got Bill Goichberg's
password because Gregory Alexander set up several websites all of
which required a USER ID and Password to login there. These include
collegechess.com chessdiscussion.com and several others. Goichberg is
internet naive and probably used the same user name and password he
always uses. This enabled Gregory Alexander to harvest that
information. Also, Gregory Alexander has admitted that he hacked into
a pre-election poll that Bill Goichberg had posted on his website and
messed up the poll by casting a bunch of votes for the Polgar slate.
Gregory claims that he did it just to prove to Goichberg that his
election poll was vulnerable. However, he probably had Goichberg's
password from that time and has been using it ever since.

Old November 1st 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer
Quote:
Originally Posted by snits
For people thinking it has to do with
Bill having an account on chessdiscussion isn't there the minor issue
of the password being stored encrypted? I guess if Bill poorly chose a
password you could do a dictionary attack on it to find the password,
other than that you are going to need a bit of time and and quite a
few cpu cycles to get the password.
The above argument and some other arguments rest upon several
assumptions: (1) the forum is using encryption, (2) it's using a
strong encryption method, (3) the encryption method has not been
hacked, (4) someone is looking at the moderator's logs, (5) Bill
doesn't use the same password on other sites that have weaker security
and he doesn't use a password than someone could find or guess, (6)
Bill didn't make the post and (7) smarter people than me who actually
understand this stuff can't think of other methods of hacking into the
forum.
Gregory Alexander has often stated that he is a qualified systems
administrator with many years of experience and he is capable of
hacking into other people's sites but refrains from doing so. He has
also admitted that he hacked into Bill Goichberg's pre-election poll
and cast a bunch of votes for candidates he supported.

It would be child's play for the website administrator to set up his
own website so as to record the users name and password as it is being
typed in, even if the password is immediately encrypted.

On the other hand, it is not child's play to track, record and emulate
another person's password as he travels to many countries of the world
and logs-in to other people's websites. It is probably impossible to
do that.

Old November 1st 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

"samsloan" wrote in message
ups.com...

It would be child's play for the website administrator to set up his
own website so as to record the users name and password as it is being
typed in, even if the password is immediately encrypted.

Who dun it?

On the other hand, it is not child's play to track, record and emulate
another person's password as he travels to many countries of the world
and logs-in to other people's websites. It is probably impossible to
do that.

Certainly, anyone with privileged information could invade the privacy of
other people. How many of those are there in this scenario?

)

Will you start to think beyond your obsession which has nothing to do with
thinking - that has yet to begin! For someone who had days ago, 100%
evidence, this scamming of the newsgroups for means rather than motive, is
the writing of a desperado.

Who is the victim here, Mr. Sloan, in the public newsgroup public opinion?

Having taken a look at the 'O' then perhaps take a look at the 'M'.

Phil Innes