Old October 29th 07, 07:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default How the Mottershead Report became public

by Brian Mottershead on Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:16 am #76279
What Sam Sloan says is basically correct. I was asked by Bill Hall to
prepare a report for him and the EB. I did, and I put it up password-
protected on my private web site and sent the seven board members plus
Hall usernames and passwords so they could access it. I also gave
usernames and passwords to Brian Lafferty, who asked for a copy so
that he could forward it to the US Attorney in Springfield, and two
other people whose advice I wanted, asking them to keep it
confidential. So that was a total of 11 people. One or more of those
people leaked the report, and eventually it got to somebody who posted
it on the Internet. The original was in HTML, and the version that is
on the Internet is not in HTML; so it must have been reformatted at
least to the extent of removing HTML tags, etc. I have not done a word-
by-word comparison to see if there are any substantive changes between
the original and the version that has leaked.

Old October 29th 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Oct 29, 2:48 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

I put the report on the Usenet, because I was afraid Paul Troung would
Kill me if the report was not made public. I had received so many
deaths
Threats, and past e-mails trying to get me killed inside of Russia,
that
I reached the conclusion that the only way I could protect my life was
Make the report public. However, all I did was unzip the report and
repost
It. When I posted the report, it was public in pkzip format. I do not
know
who posted the pkzipped report, but I am thankful, as is my
govenrment!

With our Prime Minister's life at stake, I saw no other choice. That
is,
Paul apparently threatened to kill or knew about plots to kill our
leadership
On St Kitts and Nevis inside Russia, if our leaders visited.

We are only a nation of about 40,000 citizens; there is no way to hire
The kind of security that leaders of larger nations have.

I got the report from a pkzipped format. The people who
Posted the zipped report had no idea that most readers aren't familiar
Enough with computers to actually unzip the files, and extract the
report.

Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE

Old October 29th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Oct 29, 4:08 am, wrote:

With our Prime Minister's life at stake, I saw no other choice.

Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE

Do you think St. Kitts and Nevis will give you an award for heroism,
or possibly put your picture on a postage stamp?

Old October 29th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
SBD SBD is offline

On Oct 29, 11:22 am, samsloan wrote:
On Oct 29, 4:08 am, wrote:

With our Prime Minister's life at stake, I saw no other choice.
Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE

Do you think St. Kitts and Nevis will give you an award for heroism,
or possibly put your picture on a postage stamp?

Probably they will vote him "A" player World Champion for life.

Old October 29th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Oct 29, 4:08 am, wrote:

With our Prime Minister's life at stake, I saw no other choice.
Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE

Do you think St. Kitts and Nevis will give you an award for heroism,
or possibly put your picture on a postage stamp?

No, I think that they are pretty upset at all of the chess players
right now.
HERO, no. But they do listen very carefully about what I have to say
when
I call the embassy.

Marcus Roberts

Old October 29th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Oct 29, 4:08 am, wrote:

With our Prime Minister's life at stake, I saw no other choice.
Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE

Do you think St. Kitts and Nevis will give you an award for heroism,
or possibly put your picture on a postage stamp?

No, I think that they are pretty upset at all of the chess players
right now.
HERO, no. But they do listen very carefully about what I have to say
when
I call the embassy.

Marcus Roberts

I am sure they do. They probably tape record it too.

Old October 29th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Oct 29, 4:08 am, wrote:

With our Prime Minister's life at stake, I saw no other choice.
Marcus Roberts
Permanent Delegate of St Kitts and Nevis to FIDE

Do you think St. Kitts and Nevis will give you an award for heroism,
or possibly put your picture on a postage stamp?

No, I think that they are pretty upset at all of the chess players
right now.
HERO, no. But they do listen very carefully about what I have to say
when
I call the embassy.

Marcus Roberts

I am sure they do. They probably tape record it too.

Sam Sloan- Hide quoted text -

Sam

The FBI routinely tape records all telephone calls to all foreign
embassies in the USA.
As to St Kitts and Nevis, Williams just calls home. I really doubt
that they have the money
to tape anything. All we have is one Ambassador and his wife on the
diplomatic list.

Very few people can afford to live in D.C. We are a small nation.

So, yes it is tapped, but by FBI. I tend to write down everything.

Marcus