Old October 30th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Security Breach?

From the Polgar blog:

"I have cancelled my trip for the upcoming USCF EB meeting in
Crossville, Tennessee due to a serious security breach. I have asked
the USCF to rectify the problems several times but my repeated
requests were ignored. I will be joining the meeting via phone
conference."

"Labels: Crossville, EB meeting, Tennesee"

"posted by SusanPolgar at 10/29/2007 05:56:00 PM"

I wonder what all of this is about???

Cheers,
J.D.Walker

Old October 30th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 29, 8:44 pm, "j.d.walker" wrote:
From the Polgar blog:

"I have cancelled my trip for the upcoming USCF EB meeting in
Crossville, Tennessee due to a serious security breach. I have asked
the USCF to rectify the problems several times but my repeated
requests were ignored. I will be joining the meeting via phone
conference."

"Labels: Crossville, EB meeting, Tennesee"

"posted by SusanPolgar at 10/29/2007 05:56:00 PM"

I wonder what all of this is about???

Cheers,
J.D.Walker

Paul knows that the cops will show up at the meeting, and might ask
him questions about the death threats.

Marcus

Old October 30th 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 29, 9:44 pm, "j.d.walker" wrote:
From the Polgar blog:

"I have cancelled my trip for the upcoming USCF EB meeting in
Crossville, Tennessee due to a serious security breach. I have asked
the USCF to rectify the problems several times but my repeated
requests were ignored. I will be joining the meeting via phone
conference."

"Labels: Crossville, EB meeting, Tennesee"

"posted by SusanPolgar at 10/29/2007 05:56:00 PM"

I wonder what all of this is about???

Cheers,
J.D.Walker

This posting is at
http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2007...rossville.html

She says that her hotel and flight info has been posted on the
Internet. I have not seen it posted. If she believes that somebody is
planning to blow up her airplane, she should probably call the FBI.

I do wonder why she posts it on her blog rather than calling the
authorities.

Old October 30th 07, 09:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

From the Polgar blog:

This posting is athttp://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2007/10/eb-meeting-in-crossville.html

She says that her hotel and flight info has been posted on the
Internet. I have not seen it posted. If she believes that somebody is
planning to blow up her airplane, she should probably call the FBI.

I do wonder why she posts it on her blog rather than calling the
authorities.

Sam Sloan

Rob ("the Robber") Mitchell has most generously offered to "help".

"I can provide meeting space in Nashville and can guarantee security,
but it would be board members only."

http://www.chessdiscussion.com/phpBB....php?f=4&t=472

Old October 30th 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 30, 1:31 am, samsloan wrote:
On Oct 29, 9:44 pm, "j.d.walker" wrote:

From the Polgar blog:

[...]

It makes her look important and wins sympathy. Or at least she thinks
it does.

Old October 31st 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 30, 8:19 am, The Historian wrote:
On Oct 30, 1:31 am, samsloan wrote:

On Oct 29, 9:44 pm, "j.d.walker" wrote:

From the Polgar blog:

[...]

it does.- Hide quoted text -

Susan thinks it wins her sympaty, but in reality, the jury will hear
all of this. This wastes
resources, damages several peoples reptuation, and it casues for a
harsher sentence.
Paul shows no remorse, he makes his crime worse, daily.

The attacks on their foreign birth are not racial, it is a fact that
in Vietnam or Hungary
her actions might be regarded as more appropraite. Due to the low
status of chess
in the USA, most jurys will not see Susan as a famous star, but as a
vindincitve
woman. Susan will not get a jury or 12 chess players. The Secret
Service will
not protect her becasue she is a Grandmaster. In Hungary, she would
get more
special protection.

Susan Poglar has probably used this stragety with the communists in
Hungary, but I am sorry
this is UNACCEPTABLE in the USA.

Marcus Roberts

Old October 31st 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

From the beginning, I never thought that she would attend the board
meetings. I even thought that she might not attend the August 4-5.
2007 Delegates meeting. However, she did attend that meeting and the
August 6 board meeting but she said almost nothing at either meeting.

Since the February Executive Board meeting will be online over the
Internet, the next Executive Board meet where she will have a chance
to meet the members will not be until May, 2008.