Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old October 30th 07, 11:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 383
Default Polgar Deja Vue

You really can't make this stuff up; or can you? From Susan Polgar's blog:
__________________________________________________ __________

I have cancelled my trip for the upcoming USCF EB meeting in Crossville,
Tennessee due to a serious security breach. I have asked the USCF to rectify
the problems several times but my repeated requests were ignored. I will be
joining the meeting via phone conference.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: Crossville, EB meeting, Tennesee

posted by SusanPolgar at 10/29/2007 05:56:00 PM
5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Typical uscf. They'll only respond to what's convenient for them. Your
security should be a top priority.
Monday, October 29, 2007 6:13:00 PM
Anonymous said...

What's Goichberg doing? Leaks and more leaks? When will it stop? Someone
should subpoena his computer to see if he's leaking the stuff.
Monday, October 29, 2007 6:32:00 PM
Phil said...

I am curious as to what sort of security breach could render such a meeting
unsafe.

As Susan regularly takes part in events that are published well in advance,
including lectures and simuls, which involve close contact with the public,
what extra risk could there be in attending a board meeting?
Monday, October 29, 2007 8:38:00 PM
Kerry Liles said...

What is the point of posting this snippet of information? All it does is
generate a zillion obvious questions that are unlikely to be answered.
Susan, with all due respect I think you should refrain from posting such
obvious inflammatory posts unless you are willing to post additional details
or answer the inevitable questions, such as:

1. what was the nature of the security breach?

2. was it (as implied) something to do with specific threats against you or
your family?

3. what was the USCF official response (if any)

4. how was the security breach discovered?
Monday, October 29, 2007 10:25:00 PM
SusanPolgar said...

Various information such as flight detail, hotel and other info which only
about dozen people or so know about (including EB members). The info was
leaked by someone and it was published on the Internet. I cannot go into
what happened next for various reasons. All I can say is this is not the
first time confidential things were leaked out on purpose. I repeatedly
requested for a few minor things to be done to ensure proper security. My
repeated requests were ignored.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
http://www.ChessDiscussion.com
Monday, October 29, 2007 10:42:00 PM

What are you, a head of State? I think your ego needs pruning. If there have
been threats made, contact the police. Don't tell us about it.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Shades of the election campaign again. IMO, this is a very odd couple.
Wouldn't you like to be their shrink? :-)




  #2   Report Post  
Old October 30th 07, 12:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default Polgar Deja Vue

On Oct 30, 6:12 am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
You really can't make this stuff up; or can you? From Susan Polgar's blog:
__________________________________________________ __________

I have cancelled my trip for the upcoming USCF EB meeting in Crossville,
Tennessee due to a serious security breach. I have asked the USCF to rectify
the problems several times but my repeated requests were ignored. I will be
joining the meeting via phone conference.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: Crossville, EB meeting, Tennesee

posted by SusanPolgar at 10/29/2007 05:56:00 PM
5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Typical uscf. They'll only respond to what's convenient for them. Your
security should be a top priority.
Monday, October 29, 2007 6:13:00 PM
Anonymous said...

What's Goichberg doing? Leaks and more leaks? When will it stop? Someone
should subpoena his computer to see if he's leaking the stuff.
Monday, October 29, 2007 6:32:00 PM
Phil said...

I am curious as to what sort of security breach could render such a meeting
unsafe.

As Susan regularly takes part in events that are published well in advance,
including lectures and simuls, which involve close contact with the public,
what extra risk could there be in attending a board meeting?
Monday, October 29, 2007 8:38:00 PM
Kerry Liles said...

What is the point of posting this snippet of information? All it does is
generate a zillion obvious questions that are unlikely to be answered.
Susan, with all due respect I think you should refrain from posting such
obvious inflammatory posts unless you are willing to post additional details
or answer the inevitable questions, such as:

1. what was the nature of the security breach?

2. was it (as implied) something to do with specific threats against you or
your family?

3. what was the USCF official response (if any)

4. how was the security breach discovered?
Monday, October 29, 2007 10:25:00 PM
SusanPolgar said...

Various information such as flight detail, hotel and other info which only
about dozen people or so know about (including EB members). The info was
leaked by someone and it was published on the Internet. I cannot go into
what happened next for various reasons. All I can say is this is not the
first time confidential things were leaked out on purpose. I repeatedly
requested for a few minor things to be done to ensure proper security. My
repeated requests were ignored.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgarhttp://www.ChessDiscussion.com
Monday, October 29, 2007 10:42:00 PM

What are you, a head of State? I think your ego needs pruning. If there have
been threats made, contact the police. Don't tell us about it.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Shades of the election campaign again. IMO, this is a very odd couple.
Wouldn't you like to be their shrink? :-)


I find the instance in posting about threats very wearying. Mr.
Lafferty, there's a poster here who once claimed threats were made
against his "female family members," and rather than contact the
authorities, he posted and posted and posted again about it. Guess who
this 'man' is, and who he works with.

  #3   Report Post  
Old October 30th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 3,026
Default Polgar Deja Vue

THREE LITTLE WORDS

I wonder what all of this is about??? -- j.d. walker


Susan Polgar won't be at the board meeting because of three little
words...


Samuel Ishmael Sloan.



B. Lafferty wrote:
You really can't make this stuff up; or can you? From Susan Polgar's blog:
__________________________________________________ __________

I have cancelled my trip for the upcoming USCF EB meeting in Crossville,
Tennessee due to a serious security breach. I have asked the USCF to rectify
the problems several times but my repeated requests were ignored. I will be
joining the meeting via phone conference.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: Crossville, EB meeting, Tennesee

posted by SusanPolgar at 10/29/2007 05:56:00 PM
5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Typical uscf. They'll only respond to what's convenient for them. Your
security should be a top priority.
Monday, October 29, 2007 6:13:00 PM
Anonymous said...

What's Goichberg doing? Leaks and more leaks? When will it stop? Someone
should subpoena his computer to see if he's leaking the stuff.
Monday, October 29, 2007 6:32:00 PM
Phil said...

I am curious as to what sort of security breach could render such a meeting
unsafe.

As Susan regularly takes part in events that are published well in advance,
including lectures and simuls, which involve close contact with the public,
what extra risk could there be in attending a board meeting?
Monday, October 29, 2007 8:38:00 PM
Kerry Liles said...

What is the point of posting this snippet of information? All it does is
generate a zillion obvious questions that are unlikely to be answered.
Susan, with all due respect I think you should refrain from posting such
obvious inflammatory posts unless you are willing to post additional details
or answer the inevitable questions, such as:

1. what was the nature of the security breach?

2. was it (as implied) something to do with specific threats against you or
your family?

3. what was the USCF official response (if any)

4. how was the security breach discovered?
Monday, October 29, 2007 10:25:00 PM
SusanPolgar said...

Various information such as flight detail, hotel and other info which only
about dozen people or so know about (including EB members). The info was
leaked by someone and it was published on the Internet. I cannot go into
what happened next for various reasons. All I can say is this is not the
first time confidential things were leaked out on purpose. I repeatedly
requested for a few minor things to be done to ensure proper security. My
repeated requests were ignored.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
http://www.ChessDiscussion.com
Monday, October 29, 2007 10:42:00 PM

What are you, a head of State? I think your ego needs pruning. If there have
been threats made, contact the police. Don't tell us about it.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Shades of the election campaign again. IMO, this is a very odd couple.
Wouldn't you like to be their shrink? :-)


  #4   Report Post  
Old October 30th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Polgar Deja Vue

On Oct 30, 8:49 am, The Historian wrote:

I find the instance in posting about threats very wearying. Mr.
Lafferty, there's a poster here who once claimed threats were made
against his "female family members," and rather than contact the
authorities, he posted and posted and posted again about it. Guess who
this 'man' is, and who he works with.


He is referring to Phil Innes of course. Back in about 2001 or 2002
Innes claimed that when someone had posted the name of the town in
Vermont where he lives, that constitutes a "threat" to himself and his
family because it was a small town and someone seeking to harm him
could find him by going to that town.

If I recall correctly, Innes actually threatened physical violence
against the person, whoever it was, who provided the name of that
town.

Sam Sloan


  #5   Report Post  
Old October 30th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Polgar Deja Vue

On Oct 30, 11:08 am, " wrote:
THREE LITTLE WORDS

I wonder what all of this is about??? -- j.d. walker


Susan Polgar won't be at the board meeting because of three little
words...

Samuel Ishmael Sloan.


I do not believe that is true. I was not planning to attend. I do not
think any good purpose would be served by me being there. On the other
hand, many people who do plan to be there will have Polgar-related
issues. Donna Alarie may be one. I expect a crowd, perhaps the biggest
shindig ever held in Crossville. Probably Polgar wants to avoid facing
these people and answering embarrassing questions.

No word has been heard from Truong. Will he be there? Mr. you-know-who
claims that he is trying to have Truong arrested.

Sam Sloan



  #6   Report Post  
Old October 30th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 5,003
Default Polgar Deja Vue


"samsloan" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 30, 8:49 am, The Historian wrote:

I find the instance in posting about threats very wearying. Mr.
Lafferty, there's a poster here who once claimed threats were made
against his "female family members," and rather than contact the
authorities, he posted and posted and posted again about it. Guess who
this 'man' is, and who he works with.


He is referring to Phil Innes of course. Back in about 2001 or 2002
Innes claimed that when someone had posted the name of the town in
Vermont where he lives, that constitutes a "threat" to himself and his
family because it was a small town and someone seeking to harm him
could find him by going to that town.


What a lie. That's not what I said.

The character who only responds after contradictory responses to Neil
Brennan's posts, wrote grossly indecent material here on usenet about female
members of my family.

If I recall correctly, Innes actually threatened physical violence
against the person, whoever it was, who provided the name of that
town.


If you threatened my family, I would do the same as every other man in the
United States.

How about that for a scandal!

Sam Sloan


Tony Miles knocked you on your arse for an indecent comment. Get it?

But you would rather celebrate this issue with your mocking distorting
paraphrase than talk about public decency, you passed on that issue.

Of course, if you dare even note it existed you would be worth taking
seriously, but also to task, so you avoid it - rather than being the
pathologically fixated and dangerous clown you have become.

Phil Innes







  #7   Report Post  
Old October 31st 07, 12:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2004
Posts: 834
Default Polgar Deja Vue




help bot wrote:

Some PEOPLE might be served....


That, sir, is against the law. Only on a few remote islands,
as yet untouched by modern society, is it still acceptable
to serve humans. May I suggest ordering pizza instead?

-- hungry bot


If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

--
Guy Macon
http://www.guymacon.com/

  #8   Report Post  
Old October 31st 07, 12:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default Polgar Deja Vue

On Oct 30, 10:31 am, samsloan wrote:
On Oct 30, 8:49 am, The Historian wrote:

I find the instance in posting about threats very wearying. Mr.
Lafferty, there's a poster here who once claimed threats were made
against his "female family members," and rather than contact the
authorities, he posted and posted and posted again about it. Guess who
this 'man' is, and who he works with.


He is referring to Phil Innes of course. Back in about 2001 or 2002
Innes claimed that when someone had posted the name of the town in
Vermont where he lives, that constitutes a "threat" to himself and his
family because it was a small town and someone seeking to harm him
could find him by going to that town.

If I recall correctly, Innes actually threatened physical violence
against the person, whoever it was, who provided the name of that
town.

Sam Sloan


Close. This exchange from the archives sums up the dispute:

Innes:
The gentleman of whom you spoke [Frank Niro] posted my home phone

number directly to this
newsgroup in response to the vilest poster I have ever encountered - who
then repeated it ad nauseum with various threats and comments to the women
of my family.


google.com doesn't support your assertion that Frank posted your
home phone number. According to their archives, what Frank posted
on June 9, 2002, was the city and state you live in and your rating.

It took me about five seconds to get your street address and phone
number
from whitepages.com, and I didn't even have to type in the state you
live
in, which you have mentioned frequently, though it is readily
available on
the USCF website, along with your rating.

Incidentally, according to the google.com archives, on January 7,
2000,
YOU posted the city and state you live in to rec.games.chess.politics,
along with the fact that your father-in-law was 89 at the time.
--
Mike Nolan
*********

Shortly after this exchange with Mr. Nolan, Innes reverted to his
Internet Tough Guy persona and posted:

*********
If you want to **** with me lets sort it out. Come on... Lets do it.
Where
do you both live?

Phil Innes
***********

I contacted sover.net, Innes' ISP, with a copy of this post and asked
them to speak to their client about his abusive postings. A
representative emailed me that the message headers in Innes' post had
been altered in a way that violated their posting policy, and they
would address the problem with their subscriber. Innes stopped posting
to newsgroups from February 2003 to October 2003.

  #9   Report Post  
Old October 31st 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 5,003
Default Polgar Deja Vue


"The Historian" wrote in message
ps.com...


Close. This exchange from the archives sums up the dispute:

Innes:
The gentleman of whom you spoke [Frank Niro] posted my home phone

number directly to this
newsgroup in response to the vilest poster I have ever encountered - who
then repeated it ad nauseum with various threats and comments to the women
of my family.


google.com doesn't support your assertion that Frank posted your
home phone number. According to their archives, what Frank posted
on June 9, 2002, was the city and state you live in and your rating.

It took me about five seconds to get your street address and phone
number
from whitepages.com, and I didn't even have to type in the state you
live
in, which you have mentioned frequently, though it is readily
available on
the USCF website, along with your rating.


Proving conclusively that Sam Sloan is nutz or that his attempt to find out
about 'my identity' didn't last 5 seconds - and also that the subject not
addressed here is the relationship between the abuse-anon and Neil Brennan's
postings.

As you see below, Brennan agitates, then on getting a response to his
trashing of people, he writes to their ISPs. I voluntarily didn't write this
newsgroup not because of any restraint, but to eliminate my family from
rather more than is reported below, but in the same period mentioned did
write to other newsgorups!

Whatever these people say they can find on Google is known as a
Blair-search. Highly selective, self-serving, and always intending to bend
the truth in order to diminish someone.

And that is why anyone here speaking about a legal investigation of the FSS,
gets personally attacked. In fact all who have done so, or even done so
elsewhere, are imported here for a little or a lot of rubbishing.

So that there appears to be conclusive one-sided opinion - whereas reporting
in any moderated newsgroup is rather different! The real Sloan even lies
about that. Recently he wrote about a moderated group that it had hardly any
contributions except by those accused of being the FSS, whereas it has
hundreds of contributions on a hundred subject, each.

Neil Brennan continued to agitate and joke about this VILE abuse including
suggesting that I wrote the material myself.

That is who you are reading reports from! I wonder why - that is, I wonder
why anyone is taking this sociopathic behavior as their norm?

Phil Innes




Incidentally, according to the google.com archives, on January 7,
2000,
YOU posted the city and state you live in to rec.games.chess.politics,
along with the fact that your father-in-law was 89 at the time.
--
Mike Nolan
*********

Shortly after this exchange with Mr. Nolan, Innes reverted to his
Internet Tough Guy persona and posted:

*********
If you want to **** with me lets sort it out. Come on... Lets do it.
Where
do you both live?

Phil Innes
***********

I contacted sover.net, Innes' ISP, with a copy of this post and asked
them to speak to their client about his abusive postings. A
representative emailed me that the message headers in Innes' post had
been altered in a way that violated their posting policy, and they
would address the problem with their subscriber. Innes stopped posting
to newsgroups from February 2003 to October 2003.



  #10   Report Post  
Old October 31st 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default Polgar Deja Vue

On Oct 31, 8:59 am, "Chess One" wrote:
"The Historian" wrote in message

ps.com...





Close. This exchange from the archives sums up the dispute:


Innes:
The gentleman of whom you spoke [Frank Niro] posted my home phone

number directly to this
newsgroup in response to the vilest poster I have ever encountered - who
then repeated it ad nauseum with various threats and comments to the women
of my family.


google.com doesn't support your assertion that Frank posted your
home phone number. According to their archives, what Frank posted
on June 9, 2002, was the city and state you live in and your rating.


It took me about five seconds to get your street address and phone
number
from whitepages.com, and I didn't even have to type in the state you
live
in, which you have mentioned frequently, though it is readily
available on
the USCF website, along with your rating.


Proving conclusively that Sam Sloan is nutz or that his attempt to find out
about 'my identity' didn't last 5 seconds - and also that the subject not
addressed here is the relationship between the abuse-anon and Neil Brennan's
postings.


Which "abuse-anon?" I'm not help-bot. And the Mottershead report
pretty clearly establishes who posted 2400 times.

As you see below, Brennan agitates, then on getting a response to his
trashing of people, he writes to their ISPs. I voluntarily didn't write this
newsgroup not because of any restraint, but to eliminate my family from
rather more than is reported below, but in the same period mentioned did
write to other newsgorups!


If you did, it wasn't under the screen name you used at that time.
I've searched, Phil. What names did you use to post during those seven
months?

Whatever these people say they can find on Google is known as a
Blair-search. Highly selective, self-serving, and always intending to bend
the truth in order to diminish someone.


Facts always get in your way, don't they, Phil?

And that is why anyone here speaking about a legal investigation of the FSS,
gets personally attacked.


I don't recall attacking Mike Murray.

In fact all who have done so, or even done so
elsewhere, are imported here for a little or a lot of rubbishing.


I don't recall attacking Mike Murray.

So that there appears to be conclusive one-sided opinion - whereas reporting
in any moderated newsgroup is rather different! The real Sloan even lies
about that. Recently he wrote about a moderated group that it had hardly any
contributions except by those accused of being the FSS, whereas it has
hundreds of contributions on a hundred subject, each.


Where was this?

Neil Brennan continued to agitate and joke about this VILE abuse including
suggesting that I wrote the material myself.

That is who you are reading reports from! I wonder why - that is, I wonder
why anyone is taking this sociopathic behavior as their norm?

Phil Innes

Incidentally, according to the google.com archives, on January 7,
2000,
YOU posted the city and state you live in to rec.games.chess.politics,
along with the fact that your father-in-law was 89 at the time.
--
Mike Nolan
*********


Shortly after this exchange with Mr. Nolan, Innes reverted to his
Internet Tough Guy persona and posted:


*********
If you want to **** with me lets sort it out. Come on... Lets do it.
Where
do you both live?


Phil Innes
***********


I contacted sover.net, Innes' ISP, with a copy of this post and asked
them to speak to their client about his abusive postings. A
representative emailed me that the message headers in Innes' post had
been altered in a way that violated their posting policy, and they
would address the problem with their subscriber. Innes stopped posting
to newsgroups from February 2003 to October 2003.



Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Polgar Opening Secrets agreement samsloan rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 11 April 4th 07 12:47 PM
Polgar Opening Secrets agreement samsloan rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 11 April 4th 07 12:47 PM
Polgar Opening Secrets agreement samsloan alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) 8 April 3rd 07 03:17 PM
Polgar Opening Secrets agreement samsloan rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) 7 April 3rd 07 12:20 PM
Larry Parr visits Sam Sloan's websites to learn about Pokémon [email protected] rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 57 January 30th 07 02:43 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017