Old November 1st 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Default What will Sam Sloan do to improve chess?

On Oct 31, 2:22 pm, Rich Hutnik wrote:
On Oct 31, 1:19 pm, David Richerby
wrote:

Rich Hutnik wrote:

With all this lawsuit business and whatnot, I am curious how
Mr. Sloan can help improve the state of chess. Mr. Sloan, can you
speak up please?

Please take this to rec.games.chess.politics, where it belongs.

Dave.

Sorry. All I read regarding chess is rec.games.chess.misc, and
considering how many times Sam Sloan (or is it a fake Sam Sloan?)
posts on here, I figured asking how Sam Sloan would improve chess was
a relevant misc topic.

Rich, you may not be as familiar with Sloan as most rec.games.chess
regulars are. Virtually everyone here, with the lamentable exception
of Larry Parr, will tell you that Sam has no genuine interest in
improving chess. His only interest is in drawing attention to himself.
He simply uses chess and the USCF as a means to that end, along with
pornography, racism, and his various other interests.

Old November 1st 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:

Rich Hutnik wrote:

With all this lawsuit business and whatnot, I am curious how
Mr. Sloan can help improve the state of chess. Mr. Sloan, can you
speak up please?

Please take this to rec.games.chess.politics, where it belongs.

Dave.

Sorry. All I read regarding chess is rec.games.chess.misc, and
considering how many times Sam Sloan (or is it a fake Sam Sloan?)
posts on here, I figured asking how Sam Sloan would improve chess was
a relevant misc topic.

Rich, you may not be as familiar with Sloan as most rec.games.chess
regulars are. Virtually everyone here, with the lamentable exception
of Larry Parr, will tell you that Sam has no genuine interest in
improving chess. His only interest is in drawing attention to himself.
He simply uses chess and the USCF as a means to that end, along with
pornography, racism, and his various other interests.- Hide quoted text -

My money says Sam is an excellent EB member. If Paul Troung wants to
threaten
to kill me, then I am going to put Sam BACK ON THE BOARD. What other
defense
do I have?

I am a former officer of the company, and a court will look at my
judgement as much as any other officer.
The old board being put back is a common law remedy. Deal with it!

Marcus Roberts
former USCF Vice President

Old November 1st 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

A TRUE FARCEUR

Virtually everyone here, with the lamentable exception
of Larry Parr, will tell you that Sam has no genuine
interest in improving chess. -- Taylor Kingston

NMnot Taylor Kingston claims that Sam Sloan has
no interest in improving chess. Nonsense. Sam's
record as a Board member in which he exposed enormous
cost overruns and the crooked behavior of USCF
Executive Board members was outstanding.

NMnot Kingston, who lied about being a 2300-plus
Elo master, was challenged to a chess match by Mr. Sloan.
He has never forgiven Mr. Sloan for showing him up. Ah
yes, one can remember the Kingston posts of the period
in which he offered every excuse imaginable for
poltroonery such as refusing to breathe the same air
in the same room with Sam Sloan.
..
Perhaps it is time to revisit precisely what our
NMnot wrote and examine HIS OWN shifting explanations
for the lie about his rating. Or NMnot can peddle his
wares elsewhere. His choice.

Oh, yes, our NMnot has also posted under other
names on this forum IN PRAISE OF HIMSELF -- and then
told us that he has these things called "standards."
A true farceur. That is also a useful area to revisit
if this poseur fails to subside.

The man has a rock. He must needs recrawl beneath it.

Yours, Larry Parr

---

Old November 1st 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Oct 31, 7:25 pm, wrote:

My money says Sam is an excellent EB member.

Really -- it says that? Mine talks incessantly about
being "parted" from fools, and how it expects very soon
to be on the move once again.

If Paul Troung wants to threaten
to kill me, then I am going to put Sam BACK ON THE BOARD. What other
defense do I have?

Um, "checkmate" PT?

I am a former officer of the company, and a court will look at my
judgement as much as any other officer.
The old board being put back is a common law remedy. Deal with it!

You do realize that even if SS were to get back on the
USCF board, he would still have but one vote -- just like
before? The last time, we heard a lot about what was
going on that SS did not like, but he seemed powerless
to do more than merely irritate the real powers, like the
BGs. The way things seem to work there, you need to
"own" at least a couple of other board members, so as
to get your ideas voted in and so as to keep the ideas
of your enemies (there is always a war going on) nixed.

Maybe the idea is just to stir up trouble, for the sake
of our amusement?

-- help bot

Old November 1st 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:

Rich Hutnik wrote:

[...]

Ok, thanks for the info. I popped into chess.misc out of getting
interested in chess again, and I see the swarm of Sloan posts on here,
so I was curious about who the heck Sloan is, and why Sloan matters.
I am also a bit confused what Sloan wants. Sloan just wants packback
or does Sloan want to become officer of U.S Chess Federation again?

Actually maybe I should just not give a damn and drop off here for 6
months or so until Sam gets bored.

- Rich

Old November 1st 07, 11:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Rich Hutnik wrote:
Actually maybe I should just not give a damn and drop off here for 6
months or so until Sam gets bored.

Unlikely. He's been posting relentlessly for longer than I've been
here, which is about four years.

Use software that will allow you to filter out his posts.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Frozen Love Tool (TM): it's like a
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ hammer that you can share with someone
Old November 1st 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 1, 2:16 am, Rich Hutnik wrote:
On Oct 31, 8:14 pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:

Rich, you may not be as familiar with Sloan as most rec.games.chess
regulars are. Virtually everyone here, with the lamentable exception
of Larry Parr, will tell you that Sam has no genuine interest in
improving chess. His only interest is in drawing attention to himself.
He simply uses chess and the USCF as a means to that end, along with
pornography, racism, and his various other interests.

Ok, thanks for the info. I popped into chess.misc out of getting
interested in chess again, and I see the swarm of Sloan posts on here,
so I was curious about who the heck Sloan is, and why Sloan matters.

Sloan does not matter. His election to the USCF Executive Board a
while back is just further proof of Abraham Lincoln's maxim that you
can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people
some of the time. Basically, Sloan cries "Wolf!" at everything the
USCF does, posting here and elsewhere every suspicion and accusation
that enters his mind, whether it's backed by facts or not. If he is
occasionally right, it is not due to any competence, virtue, or real
investigative effort on his part; it's just that even a stopped clock
is right twice a day.
Basically, Sloan predicts every day that "It will rain here today."
When it does happen to rain, Larry Parr proclaims Sloan's clairvoyant
powers. Everyone else here just laughs, if they pay any heed at all.

I am also a bit confused what Sloan wants. Sloan just wants packback
or does Sloan want to become officer of U.S Chess Federation again?

Sloan wants to draw attention to Sloan. That's all. He tries to do
this in all manner of ways, ranging from running for USCF office to
posting the history of his sex life on the internet.

Actually maybe I should just not give a damn and drop off here for 6
months or so until Sam gets bored.

That's not likely any time soon. I would recommend just ignoring Sam
and concentrating on the rgcm posts that interest you.

Old November 1st 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 1, 7:56 am, David Richerby
wrote:
Rich Hutnik wrote:
Actually maybe I should just not give a damn and drop off here for 6
months or so until Sam gets bored.

Unlikely. He's been posting relentlessly for longer than I've been
here, which is about four years.

Use software that will allow you to filter out his posts.

Dave.

I use web based usenet news reader, because I don't want my harddrive
cluttered up with Usenet message or waste time downloading them. I
also like Google's search feature. The downside is I don't have a
kill filter.

- Rich

Old November 2nd 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

.
Perhaps it is time to revisit precisely what our
NMnot wrote and examine HIS OWN shifting explanations
for the lie about his rating. Or NMnot can peddle his
wares elsewhere. His choice.

It seems to me that this cannot be just another case
of Evans ratpacker twisting of facts; no, I would say that
Mr. Parr is definitely going senile and has thus forgotten
that it was established long ago that TK did not "lie"
about his rating. Mr. Parr must be excused for failing
to be able to recall -- given his condition -- the relevant
facts.

For those who may not know, Taylor Kingston wrote
that he had been a "2300+", and it turned out that he
was talking about his superb correspondence chess
record, not over-the-board ratings and certainly not
a FIDE OTB rating. The only "lie" I have managed to
detect is the fiction which the Evans ratpackers have
warmly embraced ("surprise!") on this issue.

If one is desperate to find a lie, look no further than
the fib Mr. Innes told about his supposed title and
rating, claiming to have been both "nearly an IM" and
to have held a rating of "2450". The fact that IM Innes
is one of the ratpack is rather ironic, I think.

Oh, yes, our NMnot has also posted under other
names on this forum IN PRAISE OF HIMSELF

And let's not forget about Sanny.

The man has a rock. He must needs recrawl beneath it.

Mr. Parr is mistaken. Taylor Kingston lives high in
the sky, in a big castle I expect. From up there, he
looks down upon mere mortals with disdain -- much
like Nick Burbaki or Larry Evans. The rent on such
a spread must be a killer... .

-- help bot

Old November 2nd 07, 09:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 2, 2:53 am, help bot wrote:
On Oct 31, 8:50 pm, " wrote:

[...]

Not true. Here is the exact quote:

Taylor Kingston caught lying again, says that his Elo rating was 2300+

On 5 Jun 2005 17:23:27 -0700, "Taylor Kingston"

wrote:
Interesting, if not really relevant to historical issues. Still, on
the subject of playing strength, I have never claimed to be any great
player, but I think with a peak Elo of 2300+, and a top ranking of, as
I recall, #46 in the country, I was a tad better than "weak."

ELO is a FIDE rating, not a USCF rating and especially not a
correspondence chess rating. When Kingston wrote that he had a "peak
Elo of 2300+" he was saying that his over-the-board face-to-face
rating was over 2300.

By the way, his correspondence rating was never 2300 either. His
highest correspondence rating was only about 1800 but he claimed that
this was under the old system which, he claimed, was equivalent to
2300 under the new system.

Both his over-the-board rating and his correspondence rating have
never been above the 1800 level.