Old November 7th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default FIDE Forums

Greetings friends,

I recently got an account set up for the forums at the FIDE site. I
wanted to try and learn more about FIDE's politics. Unfortunately, all
I have been able to access while logged in are three public groups that
seem to have little traffic and little about FIDE politics. Is there
more to see here, or does one have to have official standing with FIDE?
--

Cheers,
Rev. J.D. Walker, U.C.

'Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil.'
-- (Exodus 23:2)
'It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick
society.'
-- Jiddu Krishnamurti
Old November 7th 07, 03:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 6, 8:33 pm, "J.D. Walker" wrote:
Greetings friends,

I recently got an account set up for the forums at the FIDE site. I
wanted to try and learn more about FIDE's politics. Unfortunately, all
I have been able to access while logged in are three public groups that
seem to have little traffic and little about FIDE politics. Is there
more to see here, or does one have to have official standing with FIDE?
--

Cheers,
Rev. J.D. Walker, U.C.

'Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil.'
-- (Exodus 23:2)
'It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick
society.'
-- Jiddu Krishnamurti

You might dig around and look at the minutes of old meetings, and the
"constitution" of FIDE in the handbook.
The FIDE web site is actually useful for the opposition. Many
embarrassments Kirsan's people will admit
on the FIDE web site, only to take the embarrassing news postings down
minutes after I complain or ask
them about an idiotic posting.

Sometimes, they don't know how to post news. In these moments, you
learn the most about FIDE.
What you do is start e-mailing some of the FIDE Delegates. Tell them
you want to interview them. That will start literally thousands of e
-mail rumors among the FIDE Delegates. They do spend more time in
dealing with us than they like to admit.
Imagine being a white man in the Parliament of Zimbabwe. Well, if you
are an anti drug testing FIDE Delegate, the situation is analogous.
Even if I were seated and voted, I would be afraid to attend most of
the meetings.

Marcus Roberts