Old November 7th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,soc.culture.usa

Default November 3-4, 2007 USCF Executive Board Meeting

[quote="ueschessmom"]True enough but I still have hope (maybe
misplaced) that the USCF could take leadership on some of these issues
and can help to push along some of the work that people have been
doing in the field. I thought Tim Redman raised some interesting
issues in his recent post about the benefits of chess for an aging
population concerned with maintaining mental and physical agility.[/
quote]

I hope that you will kindly recall that I raised this issue of chess
for the elderly in my campaign statement, along with my campaign to
greatly expand scholastic chess.

I lost the election and as you could plainly see neither of these
issues have been brought up by the new board.

Do you recall that when I proposed to sell blocks of USCF memberships
at discount rated to public schools, Bill Goichberg came onto this
forum to complain that I had hijacked an existing issue.

But, as you can see, I brought this up at every one of the five board
meetings that I attended when I was on the board, and now that I have
lost the election none of these issues have been brought up by anybody
who is on the board now.

Also, perhaps you may recall that there were two candidates who said
that if elected they were going to develop military chess, college
chess, correspondence chess, this kind of chess and that kind of chess
and so on.

Now that they have been elected, there has been no mention, none
whatever, of these different supposed chess programs.