Old November 9th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default USCF web sites are down

The hodgepodge slapdash duct-taped boondoggle trio of three web
servers are all down this morning.

www.uschess.org
main.uschess.org
beta.uschess.org

Expensive, incomplete, and now off line.

One can only HOPE that's because all the servers and data backups have
been seized by the FBI.

However, it's more likely an amateur IT problem, and someone will
reboot the servers and routers around 9am.

Old November 9th 07, 01:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 9, 7:59 am, wrote:
The hodgepodge slapdash duct-taped boondoggle trio of three web
servers are all down this morning.

www.uschess.org
main.uschess.org
beta.uschess.org

Expensive, incomplete, and now off line.

One can only HOPE that's because all the servers and data backups have
been seized by the FBI.

I thought the FBI was busy reading my newsgroup posts. Or so we had
been lead to believe by their apparent mouthpiece in Vermont.

Old November 9th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Uzytkownik "The Historian" napisal w
wiadomosci ups.com...

I thought the FBI was busy reading my newsgroup posts.

Surely, they do it by a machine. It is called Carnivore :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivore_(FBI)

Old November 9th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 9, 9:00 am, "Jerzy" wrote:
Uzytkownik "The Historian" napisal w
wiadomoscinews:[email protected] .googlegroups.com...

I thought the FBI was busy reading my newsgroup posts.

Surely, they do it by a machine. It is called Carnivore :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnivore_(FBI)

I was commenting on the absurdity of the FBI using a known net-loon as
their spokesman.

Old November 9th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob Rob is offline

On Nov 9, 6:59 am, wrote:
The hodgepodge slapdash duct-taped boondoggle trio of three web
servers are all down this morning.

www.uschess.org
main.uschess.org
beta.uschess.org

Expensive, incomplete, and now off line.

One can only HOPE that's because all the servers and data backups have
been seized by the FBI.

However, it's more likely an amateur IT problem, and someone will
reboot the servers and routers around 9am.

Working fine for me. Must have just been a regional glitch.

Old November 9th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Uzytkownik "The Historian" napisal w
wiadomosci oups.com...

I was commenting on the absurdity of the FBI using a known net-loon as
their spokesman.

Why bother oneself by answering net-loonies ? :-)