Old November 16th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess

Default Press Coverage of 2008 Champs - who's in charge?

by Theodulf on Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:34 am #78765
Who is in charge of putting together and implementing a serious plan
to get out information to the media about the US championships in
Spring 2008? Is this under the rubric of the VP for Marketing and
Communication? All partisanship aside, I think he can do an excellent
job at it if he feels like concentrating on publicizing a USCF event.

But whoever does it, let's really DO IT this year. I'm not saying
people didn't do stuff in previous years, but I'm talking about
committing organizational resources to it ahead of time, like,
starting in January or earlier - I HOPE that we will have information
about the format by January!
USCF ID 12500504

by samsloan on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:06 am #78767
This is an excellent question. Remember all the publicity that the VP
for Marketing and Communication promised he was going to bring to the
USCF if elected.

Well, actually, he has brought us a lot of publicity. He got us in the
New York Times for one.

Let us hope he applies his publicity generating talents to getting
some favorable publicity for the US Championship Tournament.

Old November 16th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknibb
You know, I remember when we had another USCF EB
member who had done any number of things that some think were harmful
to the USCF. Most of us just wanted that person to straighten up and
behave in a better manner. In some ways, he did that. Now it would
probably have taken more than what he did to get our votes to be
elected again.
Sorry, but I disagree. I do not think that Bill Goichberg is doing
better. I think he is getting worse.

For example, at the USCF Executive Board meeting in Crossville
Tennessee on November 4, 2007, Bill Goichberg spent one hour talking
about his ideas on how to make sure that Sam Sloan could never be
elected to the USCF Executive Board again. He just kept rambling on
and on about this, even though all the other members of the board,
including even the VP of Marketing and Communications, told him to
stop it.

At the same time, Bill Goichberg spent zero minutes discussing the
serious problems facing the USCF.