Old November 17th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess

Default Great Statistics from MIke Nolan

Mike Nolan has developed some very interesting statistics concerning
the geographical distribution of adult and junior members in the USCF.

What surprises me is that Mike Nolan wasted that effort by sending
them to the one group who will make no use of those statistics. I am
wondering why Mike does not post them here.

To summarize just a few of the findings, the junior member statistics
show that we need to move to Corpus Christi Texas. Actually, the
biggest center for scholastic chess is Brownsville, which is right at
the top, but Corpus Christi is not too far and if we held our
tournaments there, at least most of the wetbacks could make it that
far and manage to compete in one of our events before being picked up
by the INS.

Another interesting fact is that Southern California, including Los
Angeles, San Diego and Riverside, is down near the bottom with only
0.9 USCF members per 10,000 population, whereas the San Francisco Bay
Area is up near the top with four times as many. We can certainly give
our frequent posters John Hillery and Jerry Hanken credit for that.

The thing you will all want to know is how does Lubbock, Texas rank.
Is it up near the top like Brownsville, Texas?

No, it is down near the bottom like Los Angeles. Shockingly, Lubbock
Texas has only 17 adult USCF members and only 10 junior USCF members.

Old November 17th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob Rob is offline

On Nov 17, 9:29 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

wow. How shocking.(tongue firmly planed in cheek!) WHat is the
Crossville, Tn % of population of USCF members compared to the NYC?
Old November 17th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Rob wrote:
[...]

You're not a lawyer, are you?

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old November 17th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess

[...]

Sam

So, you are saying I should run radio ads in Brownsville and Corpus
Chisti, as a former Vice President
of the Texas Chess Association, warning parents that their children
are about to be molested? I wonder
if I could end these scholastic chess programs in the public schools?

Marcus Roberts
Old November 17th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob Rob is offline

On Nov 17, 12:20 pm, Kenneth Sloan wrote:
Rob wrote:
[...]

You aren't a farmer are you?