Old November 18th 07, 11:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Tal Memorial Tournament 2007

American grandmaster Gata Kamsky and Spanish one Aleksei Shirov both
beat their opponent in round 7 of Tal Memorial. All other games were
finished on a draw.
After this round the leader in tournament is still preasent world
champion - Rusian grandmaster Vladimir Kramnik followed by Aleksey
Shirov and young rising star from Norway - Magnus Carlsen.

Results and standings: http://en.chessfish.com/modules/news...hp?storyid=544
Old November 18th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 18, 6:55 am, Kidon wrote:
American grandmaster Gata Kamsky and Spanish one Aleksei Shirov both
beat their opponent in round 7 of Tal Memorial. All other games were
finished on a draw.
After this round the leader in tournament is still preasent world
champion - Rusian grandmaster Vladimir Kramnik followed by Aleksey
Shirov and young rising star from Norway - Magnus Carlsen.

Results and standings:http://en.chessfish.com/modules/news...hp?storyid=544

It seems that you are not up on the latest news.

The present World Champion is not Kramnik. It is Anand.

Also, I am not sure that Magnus Carlsen is a rising star any more. He
has already risen.

Old November 18th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On 18 ξΟΕΝ, 17:10, samsloan wrote:
On Nov 18, 6:55 am, Kidon wrote:

American grandmaster Gata Kamsky and Spanish one Aleksei Shirov both
beat their opponent in round 7 of Tal Memorial. All other games were
finished on a draw.
After this round the leader in tournament is still preasent world
champion - Rusian grandmaster Vladimir Kramnik followed by Aleksey
Shirov and young rising star from Norway - Magnus Carlsen.

Results and standings:http://en.chessfish.com/modules/news...hp?storyid=544

It seems that you are not up on the latest news.

The present World Champion is not Kramnik. It is Anand.

Also, I am not sure that Magnus Carlsen is a rising star any more. He
has already risen.

Sam Sloan

I am agree with you - sorry its my mistake.
Jordan
Old November 18th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 18, 10:10 am, samsloan wrote:
On Nov 18, 6:55 am, Kidon wrote:

American grandmaster Gata Kamsky and Spanish one Aleksei Shirov both
beat their opponent in round 7 of Tal Memorial. All other games were
finished on a draw.
After this round the leader in tournament is still preasent world
champion - Rusian grandmaster Vladimir Kramnik followed by Aleksey
Shirov and young rising star from Norway - Magnus Carlsen.

Results and standings:http://en.chessfish.com/modules/news...hp?storyid=544

It seems that you are not up on the latest news.

The present World Champion is not Kramnik. It is Anand.

Also, I am not sure that Magnus Carlsen is a rising star any more. He
has already risen.

Sam Sloan

Sam you have given the official FIDE answer. But I think the title is
half Kramnik's until his match with Anand. Let Kirsan post here if he
wants to argue.
Old November 19th 07, 09:37 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

I dont think that Kirsan will do it.
Kramnik won Tal tournament - we well see what he'll do at the world
cup in Khanty-Mansiysk.
Too many world champions - never know who is the official :]

J. Jordanov