Old November 22nd 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Alternative to USCF?

After my Rip van Winkle chess nap of 25 years, I am still exploring to
find out more about what has become of chess in the modern age. Here
is something I ran into that is distinctly different.

"The Hip-Hop Chess Federation Blog

The (HHCF) fuses music, chess and martial arts to promote unity,
strategy and nonviolence. This vision is rooted in the belief that our
role is to provide an authentic platform that allows people the
opportunity to actualize their dreams and hopes for themselves, their
families and the communities they serve."

See: www.hiphopchessfederation.org

If the USCF falls flat on its face at some point, maybe these guys could
step in and take chess in an entirely new direction...
--

Cheers,
Rev. J.D. Walker, MsD, U.C.
Old November 22nd 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 21, 10:02 pm, "J.D. Walker" wrote:
After my Rip van Winkle chess nap of 25 years, I am still exploring to
find out more about what has become of chess in the modern age. Here
is something I ran into that is distinctly different.

"The Hip-Hop Chess Federation Blog

The (HHCF) fuses music, chess and martial arts to promote unity,
strategy and nonviolence. This vision is rooted in the belief that our
role is to provide an authentic platform that allows people the
opportunity to actualize their dreams and hopes for themselves, their
families and the communities they serve."

See:www.hiphopchessfederation.org

If the USCF falls flat on its face at some point, maybe these guys could
step in and take chess in an entirely new direction...
--

Cheers,
Rev. J.D. Walker, MsD, U.C.

The problem with chess is EGO. In religion, people generally believe
in values
(a single god or creator) and the titles with religion (preacher,
pope, or deacon)
are inferior to the concept. In religion, we generally agree on common
principals, we
have no such agreement in chess.

In chess, the titles (chess master, USCF officer) replace the value
system that is introduced
in religion. The problem in chess is a lack of a value system. Now
those computers are better than people, the solution
is to quit playing chess.

Who cares if you are a master at chess? It is meaningless. The people
involved in Chess generally lack social skills,
or any legal understanding of what a director or officer is in a
corporate sense.

USCF Vice President in Paul Troung needs Jesus Christ, or Allah, or
somebody in his life
to preach love, to the extent that Paul quits making death threats.

The solution is an absence of chess. The game has outlived its
usefulness in society.

When the titles mean more than your values, it's time to give up the
game.

In other words, I can talk to the Pope about my belief in God. I can't
talk to the President
of FIDE, (killer Ilyumzhinov) about ANY common interests. Therefore,
the solution is to ban
the game of chess, or quit playing, or quit supporting, until we find
common values that we
agree upon, such as we find in religion.

Playing chess will become sinful, like masturbation, if our leadership
can't realize the mess that they
are in. The final solution: QUIT PLAYING CHESS.

We are people, and we need more talk of values, not murder.

Until we find a value system, there will be no more chess, nor is
there any reason to
support the game. We are lost souls, in need of moral help.

Above all else, we need love!

Marcus Roberts