Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old November 30th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 383
Default Rambo Sawmiller the Moderator

Mr. Sawmiller apparently pulled my post on the USCF forum announcing the
expected written expert's report confirming Truong as the FSS. Here's a fun
PM exchange vwith Rambo.


#80753:Written Expert's Report Will Support Mottershead
Sent at: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:30 am
From: Brian Lafferty
To: tsawmiller

tsawmiller wrote:Make my day...


With pleasure. Just be sure to check rgcp daily.
__________________________________________________ _____________________


#80753:Written Expert's Report Will Support Mottershead
Sent at: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:31 am
From: Brian Lafferty
To: tsawmiller

tsawmiller wrote:Nicely done. Mr. Hall instructed Mr. Nolan to let you out
of the queue, since a moderation committee is now in place. And your first
post out is this garbage.

Garbage? Hmmm. I'll be pretty much doing a Stephen Jones. This forum has
been killed by you and Mr. Hall. And, of course, you've just been following
orders. Sieg Heil!



Subject: #80753:Written Expert's Report Will Support Mottershead


Brian Lafferty wrote:The expert's written report will confirm the
Mottershead Report's
methodology and findings linking Paul Truong to the FSS. This expert is
also willing to be video deposed, if necessary, under oath. The written
report will be done by December 10, 2007

Now EB, what ya gonna do?

And your ED doesn't want the membership to read about it here. The
following email was received from "The Management."

Hello Brian Lafferty,

You are receiving this notification because your topic "Expert's Written
Report Due December 10, 2007" at "uschess.org" was disapproved by a
moderator or administrator.
The following reason was given for the disapproval:
Violates Mr. Hall's directive.

-- Thanks, The Management

You can read all about it from now on over at rgcp. F**K YOU management.
The real war has only just now begun.


  #2   Report Post  
Old November 30th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Rambo Sawmiller the Moderator

Tim Sawmiller has also removed my articles which are also posted here
entitled:

Randy Hough on "The Fantasy US Championship"

and

"New Book Just Out: Elista Diaries"

Sam Sloan
  #3   Report Post  
Old November 30th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Rambo Sawmiller the Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsawmiller
Too many negatives oldtimer. I cannot understand
your post.
His point is that the moderators to this forum tended to suspend
anyone who seemed to agree in some way, however minor, with what Sam
Sloan wrote.

For that reason, anybody who wanted to write something in agreement
with Sam Sloan had to state that he was opposed to Sam Sloan and was
not voting for him.

Oldtimer himself was suspended for agreeing to some extent with Sam
Sloan and for that reason was not here for a long time and now has to
make convoluted statements like the one above in order not to incur
the wrath of the USCF Board of Censors.

Sam Sloan
  #4   Report Post  
Old November 30th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Rambo Sawmiller the Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Payne
Sam, Please would you say something nice
about ,anything, anybody, even if it has to be about yourself, Please.
I cannot believe anyone was suspended because they have agreed with
you. I have on rare occasions agreed with you and was not suspended, I
don't think, Am I suspended Tanstaafl ?
Since you are on the censorship board now, you can go back and read
oldtimer's pulled posts which are in the so-called graveyard.

Oldtimer rarely said anything about anybody at all, much less anything
negative about anybody.

Yet, during the election campaign period, his posts were frequently
pulled simply because he agreed with me. Finally, he was suspended.

Sam Sloan
  #5   Report Post  
Old November 30th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2007
Posts: 10
Default Rambo Sawmiller the Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that the censorship on the USCF forum is still alive
and well. The membership certainly has a right to know about the
Mottershead report and about any expert analysis thereon undertaken by
or for the USCF. They also have the unalienable right to discuss it -
apparently anywhere except on the USCF forum, which is exactly where
it should be discussed.

I am not sure if I like to be known under the phrase, "doing a Stephen
Jones," but no snot-nosed Nazi is going to tell me what I can think
and say. It is a shame that there are those persons in this world who
believe they have the right to dictate other persons' thoughts and the
topics which other persons may discuss. I include in this
condemnation not only the censors themselves, but the executive board
which has given them permission and directions to censor the forum.
It is not the censors' forum and it is not the executive board's
forum. It is the members' forum.

I think all of this stems from the secrecy under which the USCF and
the executive board has historically acted. That secrecy has to go.
It is not the way things are done in America. Hello, executive board,
is anyone listening? The members have the right to know what is going
on and to freely discuss what is going on. And I personally will not
participate on any platform in which such freedom is denied.

Stephen Jones
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A New Moderator, Tim Sawmiller, is Savaging the USCF Forums samsloan rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 19 September 15th 07 06:07 PM
A New Moderator, Tim Sawmiller, is Savaging the USCF Forums samsloan rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 19 September 15th 07 06:07 PM
A New Moderator, Tim Sawmiller, is Savaging the USCF Forums samsloan alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) 19 September 15th 07 06:07 PM
The Channing Four [email protected] rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 272 January 16th 07 07:06 PM
The Channing Four [email protected] rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 178 January 14th 07 09:42 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017