Old April 15th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Joel Channing Finally Resigned

Joel Channing finally carried out his often made threat or promise to
resign as follows:

In a message dated 4/10/2008 6:37:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

I hereby resign my position as director of the US Chess Federation.
Joel Channing
Old April 15th 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

CHESSJOEL writes:

I hereby resign my position as director of the US Chess Federation.
Joel Channing

But he resigned two weeks ago! I read it in the P Innes column at
Chessvile, so it must be so!

Old April 15th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

L'ENVOI

Joel Channing finally carried out his often made
threat or promise to resign. -- Sam Sloan

As Thomas Jefferson said, "Our last resource is resignation."

I want to think that Joel Channing tipped over
his political king because he was bored and appalled
beyond human bearing with Executive Board meetings.
Imagine having to endure Bill Goichberg wearing those thick
glasses or Randy Hough fidgeting like a sprayed cockroach
that never dies or Randy Bauer's cheek muscles involuntarily
twitching for hours. The whole comedy is completely over the top.

No one who is free, white and 21 -- as the
phrase used to go -- should have to tolerate this kind
of indecency. And so, the Clamp let go.

One has difficulty imagining Joel Channing
returning immediately to his business or even his
family. Like the monkish pillar-hermits circa AD 400,
he may require a period of moral reflection and
possibly sublime ontological speculation amid a far
vista. USCF retreats lack the rigors that St. Simeon
Stylites faced, and there is likely little room in the
USCF landfill at Crossville, given that the library
has apparently been consigned there.

Whither, then, our Channing?

There are the empty bungalows in Kirsan
Ilyumzhinov's Chess City. One might not see another
human being for months on end. Hence the prospect
of introspect reminiscent of 40 days in the desert.

Joel Channing: l'envoi.

Yours, Larry Parr

--- Sam Sloan wrote:

as follows:

Old April 15th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 15, 8:58 am, samsloan wrote:

I hereby resign my position as director of the US Chess Federation.
Joel Channing

Who's kidding who? Everyone knows that *Bill
Goichberg* is the director of the USCF, the CEO,
the big cheese, the grande kahuna, the numero uno
head honcho. Every time somebody new gets on
the USCF's board, they complain here in rgc about
how BG is running the show. Maybe Mr. Channing
worked the curtains... .

-- help bot

Old April 15th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

CHESSJOEL writes:

I hereby resign my position as director of the US Chess Federation.
Joel Channing

So, he's resigned as a Delegate. Will he also resign as a member of the
Executive Board?

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170

Old April 15th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

CHESSJOEL writes:

I hereby resign my position as director of the US Chess Federation.
Joel Channing

So, he's resigned as a Delegate. Will he also resign as a member of the
Executive Board?

An excellent question.
Old April 15th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

Brian Lafferty wrote:

CHESSJOEL writes:

I hereby resign my position as director of the US Chess Federation.
Joel Channing

So, he's resigned as a Delegate. Will he also resign as a member of the
Executive Board?

An excellent question.

Legalistic quibbling. His intention was clear, and no one of any
importance is disputing it.
Old April 16th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer

Kenneth Sloan wrote:
wrote:

Brian Lafferty wrote:

CHESSJOEL writes:

I hereby resign my position as director of the US Chess Federation.
Joel Channing
So, he's resigned as a Delegate. Will he also resign as a member of the
Executive Board?

An excellent question.

Legalistic quibbling. His intention was clear, and no one of any
importance is disputing it.

W H O O O S H!

--
Kenneth Sloan

Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
http://KennethRSloan.com/

If that's the level of discourse you use with your students, I suppose
we shouldn't be surprised by the declining state of the U.S. higher-
education system.

Channing clearly intended to resign his position on the EB. The only
circumstance under which this silly quibble would be of any
significance would be if he showed up at the next Board meeting and
tried to vote. The probability of this approaches zero, and in any
case would be of concern only to the other EB members.