Old April 18th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Trollgar again cites "Our Expertise"

Over on chessdiscussion.com Polgar and Truong are again writing about
how the USCF would greatly benefit from their expertise.

Susan Polgar wrote "Instead of allowing Paul and I to use our
expertise to help the USCF". Later Truong chimes in about how the USCF
could announce that Truong will "conduct a seminar on promoting
chess".

http://www.chessdiscussion.com/phpBB...php?f=4&t=1069

We have heard this all before. In February 2006, they bamboozled Bill
Hall into agreeing to give them one year of free monthly ads in Chess
Life Magazine. So far this one year of free ads only accomplished one
thing: Helping them get elected and possibly helping them get jobs at
Texas Tech University. Not one dime of revenue has come into the USCF
because of these free ads.

Now, Paul wants the USCF to announce that Paul will conduct a seminar
on promoting chess. How will this help the USCF? All it will do is
give Truong most space for self-promotion in the pages of Chess Life.

As to the legitimate issues they raise, you will notice that they
copied them all from me. It is I, Sam Sloan, who first raised the big
stink about cutting 8 pages out of Chess Life while leaving the sacred
cows on the payroll. Susan and Paul did not object when the motion
came to cut the 8 pages from Chess Life.

Also, regarding the problems with the pension/profit sharing plan, it
was I Sam Sloan who first brought this up. I raised this issue at my
first meeting after I was elected to the board on August 14, 2006.
Donna Alarie followed up on this issue after I first raised it.

At the November 2007 board meeting in Crossville, when this issue was
politely brought up by Jack LeMoine, Executive Director Bill Hall
replied that the statements being made by Donna Alarie were
"ridiculous". The first words coming out of the mouth of any board
member after the "ridiculous" comment should have been "You're Fired".
I cannot imagine any board that would allow their executive director
to tell the concerned dues paying USCF members and former employees
that their concerns are "ridiculous". This issue has been festering
for years and the only progress that has been made was when Donna
Alarie went into the storage bin and dug out some documents.

Again, Paul and Susan said nothing at the board meeting when this
discussion came up.

If you look through the comments by Paul and Susan and compare them
with my earlier postings, you can see that they consistently copy from
me. This is not only now but during the election campaign. The issues
they now cite, cutting 8 pages from Chess Life, big financial loss
coming again this year, problems with the Pension/Profit Sharing Plan,
are all Sam Sloan issues. I cannot really complain about that however.
The fact that they are bringing them up increases the likelihood that
something will likely be done about these issues.