Old July 10th 03, 07:52 PM
RSHaas

Default State Chess Associations

I always thought it was odd that an award is given for the best state chess
association newsletter but there is no award for the best state chess
association, period. What would be the criteria for a "best state chess
association," I wonder?
(RSHaas)
Old July 10th 03, 08:33 PM
RMille9601

Metro district Revenue. I note the commission on sustaining life membership
$120.00 a year is $8.00 ($4.00 on a reg $49.00 a year payment) so here is a way
for Haas to get almost get his $10.00 per year amount, get people to sign up
for a LIFE membership. I know he means that USCF should send $10.00 to the
Metro District for each member but seem like a modest organization could run on
the $4.00 commission with a lot of work to get all USCF memberships in the
district collected by the metro group.

Russell Miller, Chelan WA
Old July 10th 03, 10:21 PM
RSHaas

"...so here is a way
for Haas to get almost get his $10.00 per year amount, get people to sign up
for a LIFE membership...." (rmille9601)
Interesting idea but that would be good only for one year ... nothing from the
member in subsequent years. (RSHaas)