Old April 19th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Whom Do You Trust?

Randy Bauer or Trolgar?
From the USCF Issues Forum:

by Randy Bauer on Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:20 am #98991

Ron Suarez wrote:Alright, I have been reading the latest postings
by Susan Polgar and her husband Paul Truong. They have both been saying
the USCF board and staff have refused to allow Susan and Paul to help
the USCF improve.

Here is the latest post by Paul on chessdiscussion.com:

PaulTruong wrote:

dietchess wrote:Paul,

I have to second Artichoke and Mulfish. There is absolutely
no doubt in my mind about your accomplishments through SPICE and SPF.
But I too do not recall any specific proposals put forth by you or Susan
thru the USCF governance structure. It may very well be that the ideas
that you have cannot be realized through the USCF governing structure
and the organizations that you have full control over are the better
method to pursue those ideas. But any member organization such as the
USCF will not just step aside if someone comes along no matter how
accomplished unless you offer specifics. If such specifics are offered
and voted down by a majority on the board for no good reason I have no
doubt that members quickly would react to that. But it is exactly the
absence of such specifics offered through the proper channels and at the
proper venues that makes it difficult to support you at times. I highly
respect you for the things you do outside of the USCF but I do have
increasingly my doubts whether you and Susan are able to work within a
governance structure such as the USCF. Goichberg alone cannot be the
problem. The last election brought 4 new faces to the board. That means
you only needed to convince two board members to agree to any specific
proposal of changing the way the USCF does business. As I am not
constantly following all the actions involving the USCF I may have
missed some motions. So please state which motions from you or Susan
were voted down by the EB that would have changed the direction of the
USCF or would have impacted the finances of the USCF in a positive way?

Thank you very much,

DIetmar

Dietmar,

As I have clearly said, two things need to happen immediately.

1. Cut cost and spending
2. Raise revenues and sponsorships through professional
marketing and public relation

The board majority is NOT willing to do either. The best they
came up with is to cut 8 pages in Chess Life.

At SPICE and the SPF, we succeed because we are allowed to
utilize our expertise to make things happen while some other people keep
on whining that it is impossible to make things happen in chess. After
all, that was why we were hired. Texas Tech wants to have a successful
institute and they let us do what we know best.

Both Susan and I are willing, ready, and able to turn around
this sinking USCF ship. But the board majority has to allow us to help.
Susan is one of the best chess ambassadors in the world. She has the
gift to go out and speak to companies, executives, politicians,
potential sponsors, media, educators, parents, coaches, students, and
just about everyone else. You cannot teach personality. Either you have
it or you do not.

People bring her to Canada, Mexico, Argentina and countless
cities and states across the country to help promote chess. She is in
Germany right now to help them promote the upcoming Olympiad and the new
American Football League. She is there to meet with sponsors,
politicians and the media, etc., just as she did in Canada and Mexico
last year. All the official announcements will be made tomorrow in Dresden.

She is getting paid top dollars to promote chess and she
offered numerous times to do the same for the USCF for nothing and
instead of embracing this opportunity; they insulted her and did
everything possible to make the opposite happen. If they want the USCF
to be more visible and attractive to sponsors, there has to be a serious
emphasis on Marketing, Promotion and PR.

Some of the areas I can help with are Marketing, PR, Promotion,
and Management. Since I was elected, I offered to create a comprehensive
plan for the USCF to excel in these areas. I offered to help fix many
problem areas within the USCF. Just as with Susan, the board majority
does not seem to believe that these are high priorities.

Best regards,
PT

What I would like Randy Bauer and Bill Goichberg and any others
that might have accurate information to do is tell me a couple of things:

1. Is Paul correct in his statements saying that he and Susan have
specifically helped to do what he says they did?

2. If some things are correct and some are not, please identify the
truth from the other.

3. If what he says is true, then what's up with you guys not going
after the gold pot?

I really believe we all need to know the truth. Susan has started
the latest issue concern regarding the budget and financial state of the
USCF. If she is wrong or right we need to know the details.

[Bauer responds]

I hope Susan and Paul will make a positive contribution to the USCF and
the Executive Board. So far, it seems more talk than action. Susan was
asked to make some specific contacts to help the USCF but declined based
on the issues surrounding her husband Paul. So much for marketing the
USCF. Paul did assist with issuing a few press releases in the first few
weeks of his Board service. I don't recall his asking to do anything
more that was declined by the Board or the Office.
Randy Bauer

I'll go with Bauer.
Old April 19th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Brian Lafferty wrote:
Randy Bauer or Trolgar?
From the USCF Issues Forum:

PaulTruong wrote:

[...]

I posted this over on the Polgar Blog under my name. It was quickly
pulled. what follows are the onanistic comments of the anonymous
posters to the Trolgar blog.

Laugherty, you're banned from posting on this forum. Do you have a
problem understanding english?

Saturday, April 19, 2008 8:55:00 AM CDT
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thts y no 1 wants woman bcause they can run things better the board
doesnt want change is doesnt benefit them susan tried to du her best but
the idiots dont want change whom ever suggest woamen dont blong on board
get a life thts exactly wht uscf needs woman gro up face reality b real
uscf will probably go bankrupt soon u hipicrits get a life thanx for
nothin thanx u susan for all u tried to du

Saturday, April 19, 2008 8:57:00 AM CDT
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laugherty wants to trust a professional politician? How fitting!
Yeah, we must trust lawyers and politicians. Thanks for the laugh. Bauer
lost his reelection bid badly. If it wasn't for Susan's credibility, he
has no chance of being elected to the board. You make me laugh Laugherboy.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:01:00 AM CDT
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Credibility? Good for the USCF? How many members did Laugherty and
his buddy Bauer sign up? How many tournaments did they organize? How
much money did they raise for chess? How many national events did he
attend? Just a bunch of talkers with no result.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:06:00 AM CDT
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To: close the borders:

The US of A has been built on equal opportunity and freedom. This
visions gives us the competitive edge over other nations. Unfortunately
that gives some chance to hear opinions of misfits like u as well. We
will skip over your opinions and hope that you will go back home to read
some elementary text books on progressive era, and come back when your
opinions become more in line with our vision of future.

Pali,
New Haven, CT, and formerly of Slovakia.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:15:00 AM CDT
Anonymous Americano said...

I fully concur with Brian Laugherty. We must attack Polgar daily
until she quits the USCF. We need to protect our turf at any cost.
Polgar is free to back to Hungary and promote chess there. We support
Goichberg, Bauer, Hough and Berry. They're the face and true spirit of
the USCF.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:19:00 AM CDT
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon 8:57

I agree with what you're saying. The board is largely composed of
idiots, and Susan certainly does deserve thanks for all she's done.

But I would suggest that your comments might have more of an impact
if you wrote more normally. Try whole sentences with capital letters
instead of this strung-together lowercase stuff.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:50:00 AM CDT
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To close the borders? That has got to be the most ignorant comment
I have seen on this blog! Where are you from? Where is goichberg, hough
and bauer from?! The United States is a nation built on immigrants!! My
mothers parents came to the U.S. in the 1920's from Austria and my
fathers parents came to America in the late 1920's from Czechoslovakia!
Susan Polgar is an official U.S. citizen! Arnold Schwarzenegger was born
in Austria, he is now governor of California. Is he a foriegner also?
Get an IQ would you please you bootlicker!

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:54:00 AM CDT
Anonymous Tim Harris said...

Hi Pali,

I concur with you. And, you mentioned Slovakia. My wife is from
Slovakia. Glad to see your post.
Now, to "Close the borders," I was born in Kentucky. Yet, I guess
you also believe that I shouldn't have married my wife because of where
she was born? She is a critical care physician and does a lot of good
for society.

I do not believe you do.

I find such remarks absolutely insulting and find your beliefs to
be based on pure irrantion emotion. You have no logic to support any
argument you have posted and, regardless of what you think, want,
believe, or whatever....

You will never live in an America that has "closed borders." I
believe you post these silly remarks merely to stir up trouble and get
attention.

Furthermore, you will not get rid of GM Polgar. She has proven over
and over that she is a fighter and you will never bully her from her
position. She does more for chess than all of the USCF combined, in my
opinion.

I agree with the anon earlier that everyone should just ignore this
person and if we want to discuss how to repair the USCF, then let us do
so...and just ignore this person's pre-pubescent bickering and insults.

Tim Harris
Greenville, SC

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:57:00 AM CDT
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Old April 19th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

These posts are all from he

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2008...m-dresden.html

What I find noteworthy is that during the past election campaign, Bill
Goichberg wrote on his website and on 17,000 postcards he mailed to
voters, "The Most Important Thing in this election is to stop Sam
Sloan from being re-elected." Goichberg supported Polgar because of
her un-remitting attacks on Sam Sloan.

Goichberg spent a lot of money on mailing these 17,000 postcards and
he got what he wanted: Sam Sloan was defeated. Polgar and Truong were
elected.

But at what price? Now Polgar and Truong attack Goichberg daily. They
now attack Bauer too. The attacks on Sam Sloan are history.

Old April 20th 08, 12:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:
These posts are all from he

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2008...m-dresden.html

What I find noteworthy is that during the past election campaign, Bill
Goichberg wrote on his website and on 17,000 postcards he mailed to
voters, "The Most Important Thing in this election is to stop Sam
Sloan from being re-elected." Goichberg supported Polgar because of
her un-remitting attacks on Sam Sloan.

Goichberg spent a lot of money on mailing these 17,000 postcards and
he got what he wanted: Sam Sloan was defeated. Polgar and Truong were
elected.

But at what price? Now Polgar and Truong attack Goichberg daily. They
now attack Bauer too. The attacks on Sam Sloan are history.

Sam Sloan

I beg your pardon? Goichberg _opposed_ Polgar (and Truong) during the
campaign. He merely thought you were the greater evil, which seemed
kind of obvious.
Old April 20th 08, 12:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Apr 19, 7:06 pm, wrote:

Goichberg spent a lot of money on mailing these 17,000 postcards and
he got what he wanted: Sam Sloan was defeated. Polgar and Truong were
elected.

I beg your pardon? Goichberg _opposed_ Polgar (and Truong) during the
campaign. He merely thought you were the greater evil, which seemed
kind of obvious.

Susan Polgar and Paul Truong add up to two
votes, while Sam Sloan added up to only one;
maybe the perceived threat was SS's meddling
with the financial records-- wanting to know
where the gravy train stopped for unloading.

Look, it is Mr. Sloan's job to make wild claims
willy-nilly, so that if and when any one of them
turns out to be true, he will be credited by his
apologists here on rgc with scooping the story.
So what if he "forgot" the facts? A stopped
clock is right-- sometimes; you just have to be
at the right place (in front of it), at just the right
time.

-- help bot

Old April 20th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Apr 19, 10:11*am, samsloan wrote:
These posts are all from he

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2008...orum-from-dres...

What I find noteworthy is that during the past election campaign, Bill
Goichberg wrote on his website and on 17,000 postcards he mailed to
voters, "The Most Important Thing in this election is to stop Sam
Sloan from being re-elected." Goichberg supported Polgar because of
her un-remitting attacks on Sam Sloan.

Goichberg spent a lot of money on mailing these 17,000 postcards and
he got what he wanted: Sam Sloan was defeated. Polgar and Truong were
elected.

But at what price? Now Polgar and Truong attack Goichberg daily. They
now attack Bauer too. The attacks on Sam Sloan are history.

Sam Sloan

Are you feeling left out Mohammed?
Old April 20th 08, 01:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Sam, you have a very selective memory. In those postcards Bill G.
sent out he made it very clear that he felt strongly that Poltroung
should NOT be elected as he and others saw in their campaign, the
large seeds of the foul smelling fruit which have ripened and are
rotting since their election. Bill was quite right not to want you on
the EB based upon your wild and reckless statements which you kept
making despite your knowing the truth about most of them. This is why
Troung could write the nasty stuff as you and do his dirty work of
undermining the Federation and never expect to get caught! He was
caught however but how ironic that you still don't get it. IT WAS YOUR
RECKLESSNESS WHICH MADE HIM SO CONFIDENT THAT EVERYONE WOULD BELIEVE
IT WAS YOU! Jerry Hanken

It is true that when Bill Goichberg mailed out his 17,000
postcards attacking me he no longer strongly supported Polgar and
Truong for election and he made negative comments about them, but by
then the damage was done because he had been supporting them up until
that moment and he stopped supporting them only because they had
turned and were starting to attack him. The fact remains that his
website and the 17,000 postcards he mailed stated that "THE MOST
IMPORTANT THING IS TO STOP SAM SLOAN FROM BEING RE-ELECTED".

Please recall that I have been supporting Bill Goichberg for years.
Going back to the 1960s I have consistently taken his side in the
various wars he had fought against various chess personalities. Thus,
I was deeply shocked when he started attacking me so viciously after
all the decades that I had been supporting him. Now, you and he keep
saying that I made wild and reckless statements. Please provide
examples of this. The examples Goichberg provides were statements I
made that were true. For example, it is absolutely true that many if
not most USCF records are missing, lost or stolen, and it absolutely
true and a fact that Polgar and Truong stole the USCF's laptop
computer on August 20, 2003.

What is wild and reckless about making those statements? Somebody has
to be the USCF's watchdog. Everybody else such as your beloved friend
Channing just wants to be on the board so he can spend the USCF's
money on his own projects. Who else on the board but me has been
watching the USCF's finances?

Old April 21st 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Apr 20, 7:02*am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam,
You powers are urgently needed on ST Kitts. Forget the USCF and Chess.
The world may shift on it's axis if you don't immediatly board a
plane and fly down there!
Old April 21st 08, 06:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Apr 20, 8:02 am, samsloan wrote:

Please recall that I have been supporting Bill Goichberg for years.

Why?

Going back to the 1960s I have consistently taken his side in the
various wars he had fought against various chess personalities. Thus,
I was deeply shocked when he started attacking me so viciously after
all the decades that I had been supporting him. Now, you and he keep
saying that I made wild and reckless statements. Please provide
examples of this. The examples Goichberg provides were statements I
made that were true. For example, it is absolutely true that many if
not most USCF records are missing, lost or stolen, and it absolutely
true and a fact that Polgar and Truong stole the USCF's laptop
computer on August 20, 2003.

I don't think Mr. Sloan was ever criticized for making
a very generalized statement like that. No, I believe
the critics pointed to very specific claims by Mr. Sloan,
which turned out to be *false* in their particulars.

Example: "Some USCF documents may have been
misplaced, archived, discarded, destroyed, or are
otherwise missing", and I can't seem to find them".

Versus: "The financial statements for fiscal years
1888-1899 were destroyed, in a villainous attempt
to keep me -- the world's greatest watchdog -- from
uncovering a plot to overthrow the government of
Zambia".

See the difference?

What is wild and reckless about making those statements?

How about phrasing them such that they were
false, misleading, filled with assertions which were
untrue?

Somebody has to be the USCF's watchdog.

How about "somebody" who is not quite so bold,
so reckless, and so often proved wrong?

Everybody else such as your beloved friend
Channing just wants to be on the board so he can spend the USCF's
money on his own projects.

Ad hominem stuff. You *really* need to find
some way to distance yourself from the evil
Evans ratpack.

Who else on the board but me has been
watching the USCF's finances?

You are not on the board, Mr. Sloan.