Old April 24th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Englebert Speaks

From chessdiscussion:

by Engelbert on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:15 pm
The people who are behind this smutty stuff are Sam Sloan and Brian
Lafferty. Lafferty tried to post this grimy rubbish in any place which
he has not been banned. This guy created similar chaos before with the
cycling people. Didn't someone say that Lafferty is a good friend of
Alarie and she asked Sloan for advice? If true then I wonder if she
repudiates both of them. :? She is way above them or at least she
should be.
Well Englebert, lets look at the facts as I know them from court
records and conversation with Ms. Polgar's ex-husband. And please do
take notice that I was not the one who resurrected this topic here on
rgcp. But since you have clearly draggeed me into it on a discussion
forum owned and controlled by Paul Truong, I will respond here.

Mr. Truong writes on chessdiscussion:
No word can possibly describe you. What I find even more sickening is
there are actually a few derange people who pay attention to your
garbage. There is absolutely no truth to this nonsense. During a child
custody battle, the side which was ruled against made some wild
charges hoping to have some past court decisions relating to the case
reversed. There is not even an ounce of truth to the allegations. A
family court judge made a temporary order while waiting for an
investigation to be done and the order was promptly lifted once the
facts came out

A thorough investigation was done by child protective services and
they concluded that there was absolutely no truth to the allegations.
In fact, the children clearly stated numerous times to the law
guardian and the representatives from child protective services that
they were told to say this and they would get lots of toys if they do.
They were around 6 and 7 years old at that time. Even the children’s
teacher testified in court that there was absolutely no truth to this
because the children told her what actually happened. Not a single
person corroborated with the person who made these false charges.
The person, unnamed by Mr. Truong, who made a "charge" against Mr.
Truong and Ms. Polgar was the Guardian ad Litem appointed by the court
to represent the children. Mr. Schutzman told me that the children
told the Guardian, in private, that hey had been hot sauced and
corporally disciplined by Mr. Truong to make them study chess. Mr.
Truong disputes that. We have Mr. Truong's version of subsequent
events which, given Mr. Truong's past statements and representations,
must be taken with a degree of skepticism absent real evidence. What
we do have is a copy of a court order as set out in this thread. Mr.
Schutzman advised me that the court's order was vacated on consent
under the advice of his then counsel; advice which Mr. Schutzman says
he regrets having followed.

What did the teacher say the children said happened? Under what
circumstances did that discussion take place? To what degree was it
at variance with what the children said in the privacy of the Guardian
ad Litem's presence? I should point out that it is not unusual for
children's allegations such as these to be unsupported by testimony or
physical evidence.

ALL CHARGES WERE DROPPED. In fact, the same person who made these
bogus charges agreed to drop the charges. But what do you care about
the truth, right?
This is a bit of hyperbole on Mr. Truong's part. Mr. Truong, did the
Guardian ad Litem withdraw his report to the court as to what the
children told her? Or, Mr. Truong, are you referring to the vacating
of the protective order on consent of the court and the children's
father?

The problem Mr. Truong, is that you have a very poor track record for
openness, transparency and accuracy of statements. This unfortunate
set of circumstances is but one example. The question scholastic
parents should simply ask themselves is, "Would I allow my child to be
alone with my Truong and if so, under what circumstances?" Answers
may vary.
Old April 24th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 24, 10:33 am, wrote:
From chessdiscussion:

by Engelbert on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:15 pm
The people who are behind this smutty stuff are Sam Sloan and Brian
Lafferty. Lafferty tried to post this grimy rubbish in any place which
he has not been banned. This guy created similar chaos before with the
cycling people. Didn't someone say that Lafferty is a good friend of
Alarie and she asked Sloan for advice? If true then I wonder if she
repudiates both of them. :? She is way above them or at least she
should be.

I should add for Mr. Englebert's edification that the only forums on
which I have been banned are the Trolgar outlets and mouthpieces,
chessdiscussion.com, Chessville's forum and, apparently, the Polgar
Blog where my posts are pulled when they appear signed by me.
BL
Old April 24th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On Apr 24, 9:45 am, wrote:
On Apr 24, 10:33 am, wrote: From chessdiscussion:

by Engelbert on Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:15 pm
The people who are behind this smutty stuff are Sam Sloan and Brian
Lafferty. Lafferty tried to post this grimy rubbish in any place which
he has not been banned. This guy created similar chaos before with the
cycling people. Didn't someone say that Lafferty is a good friend of
Alarie and she asked Sloan for advice? If true then I wonder if she
repudiates both of them. :? She is way above them or at least she
should be.

I should add for Mr. Englebert's edification that the only forums on
which I have been banned are the Trolgar outlets and mouthpieces,
chessdiscussion.com, Chessville's forum and, apparently, the Polgar
Blog where my posts are pulled when they appear signed by me.
BL

Keep in mind Chessvile generally bans anything that might reflect
negatively on the Trollgars. The post below was pulled after 12 hours:

****************
From: chesstacular 11:03 pm
To: ALL (1 of 1)
4763.1
A recall petition seeing the recall of Paul Truong has been sent to
USCF Delegates. The petition can be found at
http://www.chesspals.com/Truong%20Re...tion%20PDF.pdf
Discussion anyone?

Options Reply Delete Edit
*******************
Old April 24th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Ms. Polgar speaks:
from chessdiscussion
by SusanPolgar on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:14 pm
Donna IS above them. I do not always agree with her decisions or
actions but in this instance, she courageously spoke out against this
disgusting tactic, even against her own supporters. Here is what she
wrote:

"Please provide where those documents are listed in the public domain
- other than where you put them there. Is this not a Family Court
action in which case, actions are usually kept sealed to protect the
kids? Do you really think that Child Protective Services would have
allowed the children to be moved if there was a danger to them? You
are so utterly and completely out of line with this that words cannot
begin to describe the disgust it creates. You have not appreciated it
when others have attacked you for the "kidnapping" of your own
children or alleged that you are a "child molester" and yet you don't
seem to hesitate to put forth the notion that Ms. Polgar is a child
abuser. This smear tactic is abhorrent on its face. Do the right thing
and stop promoting this libel. In fact, do the better thing and
apologize for involving yourself in Ms. Polgar's personal life - it's
none of your damn business or USCF's or mine. In fact, do me one
better and delete me from your email list. Donna Alarie"
As I explained to Donna Alarie, protective orders such as the one
issued here are generally given to schools, day care providers,
landlords--anyone who might need to know what has been ordered to
protect the child. I don't believe everyone will agree with the
position that such matters are not relevant. For people such as Ms.
Polgar who claims to adhere to a higher moral standard, such facts do
tarnish the image of sainthood. When one injects oneself into the
politics of the USCF, one loses ones expectation of a certain level of
privacy. Mr. Sloan found this out and had the facts of his custody
case raised against him by none other than Trolgar and their minions.
For them to complain when they are faced with disclosure of image
harming facts is hypocritical at best, disingenuous in the extreme.

She deserves to be praised for this. Some people know full well that
it is purely a malicious distortion and fabrication but decided to
keep quiet because it fits their political scheme. I definitely did
not condone the many actions of Jerry Hanken but I removed the vicious
questions about his conduct from years ago, even though it was true.

The problem is there are some who want to be in power so badly that
they are willing cross any boundary to achieve it. The USCF PAID
attorney also asked the board to “investigate” these bogus charges
against my husband and me as an attempt to get rid of us. If this is
false, I challenge the board majority to state publicly that this
never happened. They did not deny this. And the members have to pay
for this cost. As I said before, not a single board member publicly
spoke out to stop these lies or ask their people to back off.

This is why the USCF is in its position right now. Instead of doing
everything possible and uniting everyone who is qualified to help save
the USCF, these repulsive political tactics are being used against
people who want positive changes for the USCF. And people wonder why
so many good people continue to walk out on the USCF and why this
federation continues to have massive losses.

Some people fault me for going against the board majority. No, I am
not going against them. I am going against the politics as usual
status quo, the failing system, the incompetence, the inefficiency,
the lack of energy and enthusiasm, and the countless other causes
which contribute to the demise of this federation. This federation
needs an energy boost and a new direction. The same old status quo is
failing miserably. As long as these people continue to put the USCF in
more financial and legal jeopardy, I will continue to speak out. All
members need to know what our elected officials are doing with their
money. We all deserve better for our national federation.
Yada, yada, yada. Anything else new in Trolgarland Miss Susie?