Old April 27th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default When Is A Chair a Chairman

Only the Polgar bloggers know for sure. An amusing exchange. One can
only marvel at Paul Truong Phd.'s ignorance. Enjoy.

That is quite impressive. It is a great achievement
Best wishes
A. Weiler

Saturday, April 26, 2008 1:17:00 PM CDT
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you be posting complete cross tables for all the sections
somewhere?

Thanks!

Saturday, April 26, 2008 2:09:00 PM CDT
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems like John Hawthorne is a professor in the Faculty of
Philosophy at Oxford, not 'chair' of 'department' of 'psychology'.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 2:37:00 PM CDT
Anonymous garbage man said...

"Anonymous said...
Seems like John Hawthorne is a professor in the Faculty of
Philosophy at Oxford, not 'chair' of 'department' of 'psychology'."

It appears you are a doofus troll Mr. Slaoni. Why don't you crawl
back into your slimey hole you emerged from. All you have proven is
Oxford's inability to keep its web presence current. Maybe you can give
them some pointers you psychopathic pedophile freak.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 9:17:00 PM CDT
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon of 2.37 PM CDT merely makes a few factual corrections - and
clearly 'garbage man' needs professional help, and that urgently.

If there was a mention of Psychology in the original post, it has
now been corrected.

A short search on the web will indicate that Oxford 'Departments'
are called 'Faculties', that John Hawthorne occupies a distinguished
professorial Chair at Oxford [which does not make him "Chair of the
Department"].

In my own amateur way, I am also a student of the philosophy of
language and epistemology, and from those points of view, this blog is
particularly interesting.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 12:03:00 PM CDT
Anonymous queen mary of scotland said...

"In my own amateur way, I am also a student of the philosophy of
language and epistemology, and from those points of view, this blog is
particularly interesting."

Smashing! Why don't you Bugger-off now.

Limey know-it-all.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 12:08:00 PM CDT
Old April 27th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Brian Lafferty wrote:
[...]

Of course he is the Waynflete Professor of Metaphysical Philosophy, an
endowed, statutory chair at Oxford. But, the question begs, Does he
have his Master's degree like Paul Truong, Phd.? See:
http://web.archive.org/web/200203020...mtbrand=AOL_US