Old April 28th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default SPICE-KCF Rift?

The Polgar Blog covered the Lubbock Open this weekend in Lubbock, Texas.
No mention on her blog at all about the National Girls Championship
taking place in Dallas this weekend. Is Ms. Polgar too busy to note
another Texas event on her blog or is there a strained relationship
here. Inquiring minds would like to know.
Old April 28th 08, 08:54 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Apr 27, 7:17 pm, Brian Lafferty wrote:
The Polgar Blog covered the Lubbock Open this weekend in Lubbock, Texas.
No mention on her blog at all about the National Girls Championship
taking place in Dallas this weekend. Is Ms. Polgar too busy to note
another Texas event on her blog or is there a strained relationship
here. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Not true. The relations between the Susan Polgar Foundation and the
Kasparpov Chess Foundation are not strained. Not at all.

They are non-existent.

There has been a complete break in relations between them ever since
2006 when the Kasparov Chess Foundation decided not to hire Susan
Polgar to "train" the US Woman's Chess Olympiad Team.

Old April 28th 08, 09:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Apr 28, 2:54 am, samsloan wrote:
On Apr 27, 7:17 pm, Brian Lafferty wrote:

The Polgar Blog covered the Lubbock Open this weekend in Lubbock, Texas.
No mention on her blog at all about the National Girls Championship
taking place in Dallas this weekend. Is Ms. Polgar too busy to note
another Texas event on her blog or is there a strained relationship
here. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Not true. The relations between the Susan Polgar Foundation and the
Kasparpov Chess Foundation are not strained. Not at all.

They are non-existent.

There has been a complete break in relations between them ever since
2006 when the Kasparov Chess Foundation decided not to hire Susan
Polgar to "train" the US Woman's Chess Olympiad Team.

Sam Sloan

This has been the case ever since the USCF Meeting in Florida where
the Kasparov Chess Foundation decided not to hire Susan.

Take a look at the many postings by Mr. Truong on this subject,
including the posting at:

"As long as the KCF is the sponsor of the women's team, Susan will
never play for the US in the Olympiad again. That was what Beatriz
wanted and she got it. This is the result of an illegal deal that was
made by your beloved Beatriz and the KCF. Susan will not have her name
linked to either of them. Don't worry Eric, everyone will know what
your friend has done. As long as I am in chess, I will expose dirty
chess politicians. That is a promise. Time for a new day in chess."
Old April 28th 08, 09:23 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLafferty
The Polgar Blog covered the Lubbock Open this
weekend in Lubbock, Texas. No mention on her blog at all about the
National Girls Championship taking place in Dallas this weekend. Is
Ms. Polgar too busy to note another Texas event on her blog or is
there a strained relationship here. Inquiring minds would like to
know.
There has been a complete break in relations between the Kasparov
Chess Foundation and the Susan Polgar Foundation ever since the USCF
Meeting in Florida in 2006 when the Kasparov Chess Foundation decided
not to hire Susan Polgar to train the US Woman's Chess Olympiad Team.

Take a look at the many postings by Mr. Paul Truong on this subject,
including his posting at:

Old April 28th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

You are mistaken Harry. This has nothing to do with the relations
between Kasparov and Karpov. Susan Polgar and the Kasparov Chess
Foundation broke relations two years ago after the KCF refused to hire
Susan Polgar to train the Woman's Olympiad team.

I am interested to know if what you wrote above is something told to
you by Paul Truong.

You can find out a lot more about this ongoing feud by reading the

Old April 28th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Payne
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLafferty
The Polgar Blog covered
the Lubbock Open this weekend in Lubbock, Texas. No mention on her
blog at all about the National Girls Championship taking place in
Dallas this weekend. Is Ms. Polgar too busy to note another Texas
event on her blog or is there a strained relationship here. Inquiring
minds would like to know.
Mr. Kasparov, felt the Chess for Peace in Kansas, was a sham. He
sees Karpov as a member of a system, along with Mr. Gorbachev. That
caused great harm to his home land, an serious danger to his family
(He had to sneak, under the cover of darkness his family
(Mother ,aunts, cousins etc.) out of what had been their home for
generations, leaving most of what they had worked for behind.
Relatives and friends were being beaten and some killed. I have heard
(hearsay) that Mr. Kasparov, ask Susan as a friend not to participate,
and took affront when seeing the pictures of Susan, Gorbachev, and
Karpov together. I have read Mr. Kasparov's comments about Mr. Karpov,
and Mr. Gorbachev, so I can find what I was told believable. Not
saying anyone is right or wrong.
Old April 28th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

From the USCF Issues Forum today (awaiting posting of my reply below):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith
Can we rename this forum to the USCF gossip and
speculation forum? How is Ms. Polgar not mentioning something on her
blog a USCF issue?

Because out EB member Polgar apparently does not get on well with the
folks at the Kasparov Chess Foundation. It appears Truong burned the
bridge over KCF not hiring Polgar to coach a woman's Olympiad team. And
now a question for you. How much money does KCF bring into scholastic
chess compared with the Susan Polgar Foundation? Answer later.

USCF issue--do we need such bridge burners on our EB?
Old April 28th 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Brian Lafferty wrote:
From the USCF Issues Forum today (awaiting posting of my reply below):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith
Can we rename this forum to the USCF gossip and
speculation forum? How is Ms. Polgar not mentioning something on her
blog a USCF issue?

Because out EB member Polgar apparently does not get on well with the
folks at the Kasparov Chess Foundation. It appears Truong burned the
bridge over KCF not hiring Polgar to coach a woman's Olympiad team. And
now a question for you. How much money does KCF bring into scholastic
chess compared with the Susan Polgar Foundation? Answer later.

USCF issue--do we need such bridge burners on our EB?

Susan Polgar Foundation Net Assets 2006 form 990EZ $51,175.00

Grants made $4,888.00

Kasparov Chess Foundation Net Assets $2,774,724.00

Grants made $279,113.00

Nice that a USCF EB member(s) apparently burned the bridge.
Old April 28th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob Rob is offline

On Apr 28, 12:03*pm, Brian Lafferty wrote:
*From the USCF Issues Forum today (awaiting posting of my reply below):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith
Can we rename this forum to the USCF gossip and
speculation forum? *How is Ms. Polgar not mentioning something on her
blog a USCF issue?

Because out EB member Polgar apparently does not get on well with the
folks at the Kasparov Chess Foundation. *It appears Truong burned the
bridge over KCF not hiring Polgar to coach a woman's Olympiad team. *And
now a question for you. *How much money does KCF bring into scholastic
chess compared with the Susan Polgar Foundation? *Answer later.

USCF issue--do we need such bridge burners on our EB?

hmmmmmmmmm? who might that be?
Old April 29th 08, 11:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH
What does coaching the Olympiad team have to do with
the Kasparov Chess Foundation?
The Kasparov Chess Foundation is the sponsor of the US Woman's
Olympiad Team. They pay for the team. Without their sponsorship, we
would not be able to send a woman's team to the Chess Olympics.

The rift arose when Michael Khodarkovsky, President of the Kasparov
Chess Foundation, decided that since he was paying for it, he should
be the team captain. Susan Polgar was demanding an exorbitant amount
for her services. This led to an immediate break-down in relations
between Susan Polgar and the Kasparov Chess Foundation and resulted in
dozens of attacks posted by Paul Truong against the "illegal contract"
between the Kasparov Chess Foundation and the USCF.