Old May 5th 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.mexican

Default God Taught Her How to Do It

If you want to see something truly amazing and astounding, play the
following youtube videos about Claudia Munoz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9LborxiiIM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaBJZ7vwEjo

http://womancandidatemaster.blogspot.com/

Claudia Munoz is a 10-year-old Mexican girl who was born in Texas and
who lives in Acuna, Mexico. She is a dual national who chooses to
represent the United States where she has won national championships.
She will represent the United States in the forthcoming Pan American
Championships. She hopes to be able to represent the United States in
the World Youth Championships in Vietnam in October, 2008.

She has been awarded the Woman Candidate Master title by FIDE.

Just play her videos and you will see why this is so Amazing.

Again and again, she says that it is God and Jesus that enables her to
accomplish these things.

Old May 5th 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.mexican

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Lbo...?v=ZaBJZ7vwEjo

http://womancandidatemaster.blogspot.com/

Claudia Munoz is a 10-year-old Mexican girl who was born in Texas and
who lives in Acuna, Mexico. She is a dual national who chooses to
represent the United States where she has won national championships.
She will represent the United States in the forthcoming Pan American
Championships. She hopes to be able to represent the United States in
the World Youth Championships in Vietnam in October, 2008.

She has been awarded the Woman Candidate Master title by FIDE.

Just play her videos and you will see why this is so Amazing.

Again and again, she says that it is God and Jesus that enables her to
accomplish these things.

Sam Sloan

These are truly wonderful videos and I hope everybody sees them. When
I was on the board I kept suggesting that the USCF make videos like
this, and Jennifer was interested in doing this, but Goichberg and
Channing kept shooting this idea down. Anything that was my idea, they
were against.

However, I have questions about this video.

Claudia Munoz is rated 1268.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlTnmtHst.php?13481236

This is OK for a ten year old but not enough to get her on the top-50
Under-10 list.

She would make the top-50 Under-13 girls list once she has 24 rated
games. She only has 20 rated games now.

She has been awarded the title of Woman Candidate Master by FIDE. Is
it really a good idea for FIDE to be awarding titles like this to 1200
players?

She says that it is because of God and Jesus that she is able to
accomplish this. What will happen when she starts playing against
serious opponents such as those rated 1400? Will she feel that God has
renounced her? Will she be like Job, crying to her tormentors?

Old May 5th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.mexican

On May 5, 9:37*am, samsloan wrote:

These are truly wonderful videos and I hope everybody sees them. When
I was on the board I kept suggesting that the USCF make videos like
this, and Jennifer was interested in doing this, but Goichberg and
Channing kept shooting this idea down. Anything that was my idea, they
were against.

On the whole, a very wise policy.

However, I have questions about this video.

Claudia Munoz is rated 1268.

Seems like God could do better than that.

She has been awarded the title of Woman Candidate Master by FIDE. Is
it really a good idea for FIDE to be awarding titles like this to 1200
players?

She says that it is because of God and Jesus that she is able to
accomplish this. What will happen when she starts playing against
serious opponents such as those rated 1400? Will she feel that God has
renounced her? Will she be like Job, crying to her tormentors?

She will renounce her faith and become a militant agnostic terrorist.
Old May 5th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.mexican

wrote in message

She will renounce her faith and become a militant agnostic terrorist.

Then she will become involved in the kidnapping of Sloan's kids with the
help of local law enforcement, to convert them to radical agnosticism!

Old May 5th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,rec.games.chess.computer,va.politics

On May 5, 12:10 pm, "Bob Campbell" wrote:
wrote in message

She will renounce her faith and become a militant agnostic terrorist.

Then she will become involved in the kidnapping of Sloan's kids with the
help of local law enforcement, to convert them to radical agnosticism!

Just to clarify and explain, the Sheriff of Amherst County Virginia
was not directly involved in the kidnapping of my daughter, Shamema
Honzagool Sloan, because my daughter was kidnapped from my house in
Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, and brought 7,000 miles to Amherst
County Virginia.

However, the kidnappers, who personally knew the sheriff and were his
neighbors, knew that the Sheriff would grant them safe harbor and
would not arrest them once they managed to get across international
boundaries with the kidnapped child.

And they were proven right. It took me a month to find out what had
happened to my kidnapped daughter. I was never notified that she had
been taken or where she had been taken to. When I found out where she
was, I came to Amherst County Virginia.

I was actually lured to Amherst County by being told that all I had to
do was come to the Amherst County Offices in Amherst Virginia and they
would give me my 8-year-old daughter back.

When I arrived expecting to be given my daughter back, instead the
Sheriff of Amherst County arrested me. I was never given my daughter
back. Instead, the kidnappers, who were in no way related to the
child, were allowed to keep her.

Thus, the Sheriff of Amherst County was clearly complicit in the
kidnapping of my 8-year-old daughter and this explains his threats to
my ISP telling them to take down all my websites.

Old May 5th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.mexican

Gentleman:

Thank you very much for your remarks about 10-year old Claudia Munoz.
I am her father and coach and I read the words said about her
performance.

Claudia is an American citizen living in Mexico because we own a
business that has contracts with American companies on Mexican soil.
Claudia learned how to play chess at age 6. We have never claimed she
is a prodigy, she is another chessplayer like all the other girls that
dedicate their time to this beautiful sport.

Claudia began playing in the Mexican system and as you can see in her
blog she has practically won everything their is to win; however, for
3 years the FENAMAC, the Mexican chess association due to
organizational strife did not rate about 25 of her games, so we opted
to expand play in the USA. She has played in 6 tournaments, four of
them in tournaments with ratings so much higher than hers opting not
to play with children as she has always done here in Mexico. After she
played for the USA in the North American Youth Championship she faced
Mexico's top 4 players that had represented them in the Pan American
in Colombia, she completely mowed them. She won the gold medal and the
right to represent the USA in Argentina. She was rated only 1046 in
the USA. Is that not unusual? Then we sent her to the Susan Polgar in
January where she won 1st place and then to the ALL GIRLS NATIONAL in
Dallas two weeks ago where she came in a 4-way tie for 2nd place with
Lily Poteat, Evan Xiang, etc, etc. She has had a 300 plus point
increase in her rating in the USA in just two tournaments. Next month
she will compete in San Antonio, for us to travel to the nearest
tournament in the USA requires close to $600 per trip when those who
live in Dallas or Houston it simply costs them the city bus fair and
the entry fee.

I notice that people focus on the age and the rating a lot, if Claudia
at age 10 is rated now 1322 and were to gain 300 points a year, what
is wrong with her with being 1900 by age 12? It seems like its a crime
for her to have a WCM awarded by FIDE for performance. By the way, her
opponents on the Mexican team had 1400 and 1500 rating, when she won
1st place at the NAYCC she was 9 years old. How can an American with
1046 (then) defeat those players?? Answer, underrated. Time will tell
where she will go and how far but as for now she quickly has asserted
herself in the last two national tournaments in the US that she is for
real because she is doing it at the same time in two countries.

Since she won for the USA the FENAMAC here in Mexico quickly fixed her
"rating problem". She competes inside of Mexico for the state of
Coahuila in National Championship system which is entirely different
than the American.

It is not a crime for a 10 year old to have a 1322 USCF rating and it
doesnt mean that the girl is destined to be a loser for that. Compare
how in 6 tournaments she got to 1322 and compare how many tournaments
it took those girls her age to reach the same rating, you will see a
SIZEABLE difference.

Concerning our Christianity, you will find a 10-year old girl that is
full of God in her heart.

I appreciate Sam your comments as well as those people that placed
comments. Keep looking at her blog at
womancandidatemaster.blogspot.com I assure all that in a few years she
will be a very well-know chessplayer.

God Bless

Abed

Lic. Abed Munoz Sanchez
ASESORIAS ACADEMICAS
Xicotencatl #1260
Colonia Benito Juarez
Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila
(877) 888-1955

Old May 6th 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.mexican

Default God Taught Her How to Do It and Sam Helped Her Practise

It is highly objectionable to use this group to make fun of a ten-year-
old girl, who will very likely read this posting now or in the future.

If Paul Truong is the poster here, as I suspect that he is, this may
even be grounds for his arrest.