Old May 9th 08, 12:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Truong "Answers" Redman

Under the nom de plume Susan Polgar, Truong has "answered" Dr. Redman's
criticism set out below.
by SusanPolgar on Fri May 09, 2008 2:53 am

Dr. Tim Redman, two-time USCF President just wrote the following:

In a message dated 5/8/2008 6:18:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time, Tim
Redman writes:

I have a great deal of respect for Susan Polgar, but in my view, her
to her providing us with more specific action items.

Here was my response to his inquiry:

Dear Tim,

1. One of the first things the USCF must do is to improve its image. As
long as the endless culture of personal attacks continue (as pointed out
by Dr. McCrary), the USCF will be ineffective in getting any substantial
revenues in sponsorship, advertisement, or donation. There are many
people who are willing, ready, and able to contribute financially to
chess because they believe in the benefits of the game. For example, if
you just look at the people attending the US Senior Open / CCI event
this past weekend, the potential is incredible. And that is just one event.
The cultural revolution of person attacks is now known to have been
taken to new levels of disgusting behavior by Sam Truong. All the
Trolgar attacks for years on the Dirty Chess Politicians has done
nothing help develop the USCF. Look at the BINFOs and you will see
nothing of substance has been proposed by Trolgar to develop the USCF

There are countless opportunities with so many of our national events
and other special events. But the USCF has done nothing to capitalize on
these opportunities. Both Paul and I offered to go to these events to
represent the USCF. Paul offered to conduct free classes or seminars to
teach parents, coaches, organizers, and other interest parties ways to
generate publicity, interest, sponsorship, and donation. We were even
willing to pay our own expenses. All he asked for is a room and proper
announcements and promotion by the USCF. Months and months went by and
not even an inch has moved.
Where are the offer to be found. The question begs, since the outing of
Paul Truong as the Fake Same Sloan, who would want Truong to go anywhere
to represent the USCF? [Note to BB of Vermont--that's a rhetorical question]

Paul offered to teach (also for free) CL and CLO contributors the art of
photography. Pictures sell. These images represent the direction,
mission, and goals of the USCF. Each picture has its own story. They
represent the stories we want to sell to the chess community and the
public. Paul was asked and he accepted to be “THE” official photographer
for the 2008 Chess Olympiad in Dresden. His pictures have appeared in
major mainstream publications worldwide. Months went by and again nothing.
For all it's economic woes, CL does a pretty good job with cover
photography and interior photos. Mr. Truong is a talented amateur
photographer. What exactly could he do for CL? Where is the proposal
he made to the USCF regarding this? Certainly not in the BINFOs.

2. I was asked and accepted the position of the Official Ambassador of
the 2008 Chess Olympiad. This is the highest possible honor. I will also
be in charge of all International media for the Olympiad. The organizer
asked me to promote the Olympiad and I will have a full page daily
column in the largest German newspaper in Dresden. I will also give
interviews and conduct a LIVE show (for a live audience and TV) every
night during the Olympiad. I was asked to promote chess (and being paid
a lot of money to do so) in many places in the U.S., Canada, Mexico,
Argentina, Hungary, Germany, etc. and my own federation refuses my help
(for free) while we continue to lose money. This makes zero sense
whatsoever. I hope you can understand why I am frustrated. How many
qualified people has this federation lost because of the same old
pattern of politics or incompetence?
There has been nothing stopping Ms. Polgar from doing her job as a USCF
EB member. I recall that she attended a conference in Scotland that
generated publicity for SPF and SPICE. What stopped her from promoting
the USCF at the same level?

Chess CAN be promoted and we have proven that again and again. There are
specific steps to follow and Paul and I made these suggestions back in
August / September of last year. Both of us are willing to go out and do
this for the USCF. We followed the exact same suggestions we made to the
USCF with SPICE / SPF and you saw the results in around 8-9 months. More
than $500,000 has come in this year alone and I expect to exceed $1
million by the end of the year. If my name and reputation and Paul's
expertise can generate this kind of money and publicity for one small
program, the USCF can generate a lot more with the same plans.
Nothig has stopped Trolgar from doing anything positive for the USCF.
Where are the suggestions to be found? In the BINFOs? No. In the tapes
of EB meetings? No. Al together now, lets say the word, BULL****.

As for a million dollars for SPICE/SPF, it will be interesting to see
the SPF form 990 for this past year when it is filed soon. On the
assumption that SPF has accurately reported income in the past, one has
to wonder just what promotional expertise Trolgar is referring to.

It is like a game of chess. We created a sound plan and we went out and
execute the plans. As I said earlier, each board member has special
talent / skills. If we want this board to succeed, we must utilize the
strength of each of us without any personal ego, agenda, or politics
involved.

3. The SPF offered to sponsor the Grand Prix, college chess and other
events. As for college chess, we dealt with Jim Stallings (he is great)
and we gave whatever he asked for.
Of course, these expenditures will be reflected on the SPF 990. I look
forward to seeing the numbers.
As for the USCF, months went by again and not even a single person
contacted us. Things which were promised were not delivered timely. The
same story happens to other interested parties. This is why we must have
a quality control system. Similar opportunities were lost because things
fall through the crack for years. We offered to take the calls or
inquiries and follow up to help the USCF. Again, we have the same old
story. Months and months went by and nothing. I personally handle every
inquiry or possible sponsorship / donation opportunity myself for SPICE
/ SPF.

4. Respect members and affiliates, etc. The USCF is desperate for
memberships. There are many people / organizations which brought in big
numbers. It is the job of the ED or an assigned person to call these
people / organizations to thank them for signing up a large amount of
memberships. We need to follow up to see if there are things we can do
to help them succeed even on a bigger scale. I do that with my chess
center, the SPF, and SPICE every time someone makes a contribution. Why
not the USCF? This is PR 101.

There are many other areas we could improve on. We have people who know
how to run successful businesses. Listen to them. Learn from them. Reach
out to them. Let's stop this political nonsense because all it will do
is bring the USCF down financially and legally.

I will be honest and say that my expertise when it comes to memberships
and dues structure is no where near Beatriz M., Bill G., Grant P., Mike
N., and many others. All I can suggest is to simplify the structure.
Many people cannot comprehend our structure and this is not good for us.
I know that I (as a chess Mom, organizer, promoter, and coach, etc.) get
confused myself. I hear similar complaints from other parents, coaches,
and organizers.
As we say in law, "Void for vagueness."

There are many other issues which I do not have time to write down. I am
not looking for an argument with Bill G. or other board members. I am
not looking for personal glory or inflate my ego. I have received enough
accolades in my career. The bottom line is I know what I can do. I see
the problems and weaknesses of the USCF. I know how to help. I did not
run for the board to play politics. I ran because I want to see the USCF
succeed. I am in Pittsburgh now as a chess Mom. I will have very limited
time. I have given many specifics. There are many more points but I am
sure you can see the direction I would like to focus on. Fixing the dues
is just a small and short term solution. To make the USCF better, we
must fix the many weaknesses and problems and that was exactly what Paul
and I proposed back in August / September 2007.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar

So, what's really going on here? Is pressure building on Trolgar to
explain their utter failure to explain their inaction as USCF board members?

What happens if Judge Chin doesn't dismiss Sloan legal action in its
entirety? Will the USCF make Truong eat all its legal fees caused by
his actions? Will the USCF the cross claim against Trolgar?

Will Trolgar and their minions attempt to set up an organization to
replace the USCF?

And lastly, what corporate opportunities have Trolgar directed to SPICE
and/or SPF that should have gone to the USCF? Where does Trolgar's
primary duty of corporate loyalty lie? It appears not to lie with the
USCF. Attention USCF EB--potential cause of action against Susie
Chesspiece and Paul Pufferfish.
Old May 10th 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar

Take a look at the specific proposals that Susan Polgar advocates.
Each and every one of them advocates publishing more photos of Susan
Polgar in Chess Life magazine and advocates more publicity for Paul
Truong.

Here is an example, "Both Paul and I offered to go to these events to
represent the USCF. Paul offered to conduct free classes or seminars
to teach parents, coaches, organizers, and other interest parties ways
to generate publicity, interest, sponsorship, and donation. We were
even willing to pay our own expenses. All he asked for is a room and
proper announcements and promotion by the USCF"

All he asked for is a room and proper announcements.

Paul and Susan were elected to the USCF Executive Board which is
supposed to be a policy board which sets the policy. So far they have
not advocated any policy. Instead, they keep asking for Paul and Susan
to be sent to more events and for more publicity for Paul and Susan.

Then they add "Months and months went by and not even an inch has
moved."

Nothing is stopping them from renting their own room and making their
own announcements. They are quite good at that. What do they need the
USCF for?

Ever since she was elected the board, Susan has been on a whirlwind of
travel activities. Since August, she has been to Scotland, India,
Mexico, Hungary, Germany and I do not know how many other places. It
seems that she rarely has her feet on the ground.

I am increasingly worried that the USCF might be paying for all or
perhaps even some of these travel expenses.

Chess Life had a picture of Susan Polgar in almost every issue over a
period of two years, even though she did not play a single FIDE rated
game of chess during that entire period. That is what got her elected.
Apparently that did not improve the image of the USCF, however. Why
should we publish even more pictures of Susan when she does not even
play chess any more? Why not publish pictures of people who actually
do play chess?

Old May 10th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

"samsloan" wrote in message
Take a look at the specific proposals that Susan Polgar advocates.
Each and every one of them advocates publishing more photos of Susan
Polgar in Chess Life magazine and advocates more publicity for Paul
Truong.

Here is an example, "Both Paul and I offered to go to these events to
represent the USCF. Paul offered to conduct free classes or seminars
to teach parents, coaches, organizers, and other interest parties ways
to generate publicity, interest, sponsorship, and donation. We were
even willing to pay our own expenses. All he asked for is a room and
proper announcements and promotion by the USCF"

All he asked for is a room and proper announcements.

What a disgusting pair of villains!

Free tutoring... pay own expenses... Pro bono USCF... proper announcements!
Whatever next will they 'demand'?

Normalcy? Like in most non-profits?

Paul and Susan were elected to the USCF Executive Board which is
supposed to be a policy board which sets the policy. So far they have
not advocated any policy. Instead, they keep asking for Paul and Susan
to be sent to more events and for more publicity for Paul and Susan.

Isn't promoting the game a 'policy'?

I am so confused. I actually thought it was JOB #1 of USCF's Mission
Statement.

Apparently not, since Sam Sloan says so.

Phil Innes