Old May 15th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Default Parr's Computer Crashed!

INFECTED BY VIRUS

I can send messages but I can't get them.

A virus apparently has wiped out all of my files as well as all of my
saved e-mails.

I intend to answer Taylor Kingston's questions about WW1 and
respectfully request him to resend them ONLY AFTER I advise everyone
that my computer has been repaired.

Yours, Larry Parr
Old May 15th 08, 07:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On May 14, 10:23 pm, " wrote:
INFECTED BY VIRUS

I can send messages but I can't get them.

A virus apparently has wiped out all of my files as well as all of my
saved e-mails.

I intend to answer Taylor Kingston's questions about WW1 and
respectfully request him to resend them ONLY AFTER I advise everyone
that my computer has been repaired.

Yours, Larry Parr

I hope you have not lost the work you were doing on the Sazonov book.

Old May 15th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
INFECTED BY VIRUS

I can send messages but I can't get them.

A virus apparently has wiped out all of my files as well as all of my
saved e-mails.

I intend to answer Taylor Kingston's questions about WW1 and
respectfully request him to resend them ONLY AFTER I advise everyone
that my computer has been repaired.

Yours, Larry Parr

It is completely obvious who is responsible for
this ghastly crime: Sluong did it.

It is clear, beyond any reasonable doubt,
that the fake Sam Sloan was the real Sam Sloan
pretending to be Paul Truong impersonating Sam
Sloan. So we will call him Troan or Sluong from
now on.

Old May 15th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

Jürgen R. wrote:

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
INFECTED BY VIRUS

I can send messages but I can't get them.

A virus apparently has wiped out all of my files as well as all of my
saved e-mails.

I intend to answer Taylor Kingston's questions about WW1 and
respectfully request him to resend them ONLY AFTER I advise everyone
that my computer has been repaired.

Yours, Larry Parr

It is completely obvious who is responsible for
this ghastly crime: Sluong did it.

It is clear, beyond any reasonable doubt,
that the fake Sam Sloan was the real Sam Sloan
pretending to be Paul Truong impersonating Sam
Sloan. So we will call him Troan or Sluong from
now on.

So.....it was Troan the Barbarian. :-)
Old May 15th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On May 15, 1:44*pm, Brian Lafferty wrote:
Jürgen R. wrote:

schrieb im Newsbeitrag
INFECTED BY VIRUS

I can send messages but I can't get them.

A virus apparently has wiped out all of my files as well as all of my
saved e-mails.

I intend to answer Taylor Kingston's questions about WW1 and
respectfully request him to resend them ONLY AFTER I advise everyone
that my computer has been repaired.

Yours, Larry Parr

It is completely obvious who is responsible for
this ghastly crime: Sluong did it.

It is clear, beyond any reasonable doubt,
that the fake Sam Sloan was the real Sam Sloan
pretending to be Paul Truong impersonating Sam
Sloan. So we will call him Troan or Sluong from
now on.

So.....it was Troan the Barbarian. :-)- Hide quoted text -

No, this could only be the work of ... dare I say it ... Keyser
Söze.

Old May 17th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

SAZANOV'S MEMOIRS

I hope you have not lost the work you were doing on the Sazonov
book. Sam Sloan

Dear Sam,

I still can receive nothing in my email that can
be read. But as before, I can send out messages.
Unfortunately, I cannot attach documents. So, if
you look below, I have patched in what is NOT
a final draft of the Introduction. I think it is more
or less okay, but I want to look at it in a few days
with a fresh eye.

Still, I think the Intro says something
important about Sazonov and places him well
in the history of his time.

THE STATESMAN WHO PLAYED WITH MATCHES

By Larry Parr

“Woe to the statesman whose reasons for entering a war do not appear
so plausible at its end as at its beginning.” – Otto von Bismarck, as
quoted
in Henry Kissinger’s White House Years

“This war is the greatest crime ever perpetrated against mankind.
Those who originated it have a terrible responsibility on the
conscience.” – Sergei
Sazonov, in a speech to the Russian Duma on February 22, 1916

In THE FATEFUL YEARS Sergei or Serge (the French
rendering) Sazonov relates his career as a diplomat,
which in its first period was suitably obscure –
Second Secretary of Russia’s London embassy and
Russian Minister to the Vatican. Even professional
historians in closely related fields would be sore
pressed these days to recollect many details of late
19th century Russo-Papal politics.

[The rest of my introduction is deleted.]

Old May 17th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

SAZANOV'S MEMOIRS

samsloan wrote:
On May 14, 10:23 pm, " wrote:
INFECTED BY VIRUS

I can send messages but I can't get them.

A virus apparently has wiped out all of my files as well as all of my
saved e-mails.

I intend to answer Taylor Kingston's questions about WW1 and
respectfully request him to resend them ONLY AFTER I advise everyone
that my computer has been repaired.

Yours, Larry Parr

I hope you have not lost the work you were doing on the Sazonov book.

Sam Sloan

I just sent your introduction to you in PDF Format. I think you did a
good job.

Let me know if it is OK. If it is I will send it to the printers.

Sam
Old May 18th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

On May 14, 9:23 pm, " wrote:
INFECTED BY VIRUS

I can send messages but I can't get them.

If only it was vice versa.
Old May 18th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

SAZANOV'S MEMOIRS

samsloan wrote:
On May 14, 10:23 pm, " wrote:
INFECTED BY VIRUS

I can send messages but I can't get them.

A virus apparently has wiped out all of my files as well as all of my
saved e-mails.

I intend to answer Taylor Kingston's questions about WW1 and
respectfully request him to resend them ONLY AFTER I advise everyone
that my computer has been repaired.

Yours, Larry Parr

I hope you have not lost the work you were doing on the Sazonov book.

Sam Sloan

OK. The book "The Fateful Years 1909-1916" by Serge Sazonov is about
to come out as soon as Larry Parr can get his computer fixed and gets
back from Singapore.

Until Larry Parr gets his computer fixed, World War One will have to
wait.

When it does come out, the book will be available at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0923891323

with an introduction by Larry Parr of course.

Old May 18th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc

"samsloan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
SAZANOV'S MEMOIRS

samsloan wrote:
On May 14, 10:23 pm, " wrote:
[...]

I can hardly wait. For 90 years historians have been unable
to agree on causes and effects of the Great War. And all
they had to do is ask Larry Parr and Sam Sloan!

All the remaining questions regarding WWI will soon be
resolved!