Old May 19th 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Reasons Why Polgar Did not Stay for the Board Meeting in Tulsa

Reasons Why Polgar Did not Stay for the Board Meeting in Tulsa

What Polgar actually wrote seems reasonable unless one considers the
fact that when they ran for election they knew that the board met four
times a year and the most important part of their duties was that they
would be expected to attend those four meeting.

It was known months in advance that there would be a meeting this past
weekend in Tulsa. No doubt some details were not provided but they
knew that there would be a meeting.

It is to be recalled that they announced that they would not be
attending the first meeting of the board, which was held in
Crossville, because of a "security breach". However, to everybody's
surprise, they showed up anyway. That is where they were served with a
summons and complaint.

The second meeting was held online because Truong refused to travel to
California to attend and Goichberg refused to travel to any other
state because he was living in California at the time.

Here is what Polgar (or Trollgar as they are known because it is
impossible to tell which are written by Polgar and which are written
by Truong) actually wrote explaining why she did not remain for
another day in Tulsa so that she attend the third meeting, that was
concluded in Tulsa yesterday:

"A. Because the exact details were presented to us too late to make
the proper arrangements. Randy Bauer complained about this as well.
The details should have been given to all board members at least a
month in advance and not a week or so. Some board members do not have
children or just grown children. Their schedules are more flexible.

"B. Many board members have attended the meetings by phone in the
past. This is nothing unusual about this. I worry more about the state
of the USCF and not this issue. I am currently on 3 non-profit boards
and we do many of our meetings by phone with the other two.

"We met Bill G., Bill H., Jim B., Pat Knight and others in Tulsa. The
only 2 we did not meet were Randy Hough and Randy Bauer. Overall, the
meeting went quite well I think. I think we covered a lot of issues
which I believe will help the USCF. As I stated before, we obviously
have a number of differences in opinion and some compromises were
made. Most of the votes went 6-0 with a few minor abstentions.

"There will be more discussions with Bill Hall and Bill Goichberg in
the near future about increasing the USCF revenues via sponsorship,
advertisement, and donation. It is up to them to accept our offer to
help or not.

"Susan Polgar"
Old May 19th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

[...]

by Truong) actually wrote explaining why she spent three days in Tulsa
last week but did not remain for another day in Tulsa so that she
could attend the third meeting that was concluded in Tulsa yesterday:

Old May 22nd 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Someone is asking the question: Since Polgar and Truong came to Tulsa
for three days during the US Championship but left Tulsa on Friday and
therefore did not attend the USCF Executive Board meeting on Saturday
and Sunday, did the USCF pay for their air transportation and hotel
expenses or did they come to Tulsa at their own expense?

Does anybody know the answer to this question?

Old May 22nd 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

"samsloan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Someone is asking the question: Since Polgar and Truong came to Tulsa
for three days during the US Championship but left Tulsa on Friday and
therefore did not attend the USCF Executive Board meeting on Saturday
and Sunday, did the USCF pay for their air transportation and hotel
expenses or did they come to Tulsa at their own expense?

Does anybody know the answer to this question?

Yes, several people are sure to know.

Why don't you ask one of your many friends and
admirers on the USCF staff? Or on the board?

Old May 22nd 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Date: Thu, May 22, 2008 at 10:52 AM
Subject: Show me the money

Frank K. Berry and Jim Berry made a generous offer to pay for a top of
the line $7,500 a night hotel suite, $100,000 in appearance fees, a
priceless chess set, 33% stock holdings in Stillwater National Bank, a
spanking new Mercedes S-class, and many more incredible perks.

All board members walked away from the meeting with a bag full of
cash, gold Rolex, and so much more. Tell that someone who is asking to
try running for the board himself. It is good to be a board member of
the very rich USCF. Shhhhhh, but you must not leak this out to the
general public. Otherwise, there would be nothing left for the rest of
us in the future.