Old May 24th 08, 07:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub Easy Level vs Rybka

Yesterday again GetClub game was improved. Now it will play with
better strategy.

I played a game against Rybka. Rybka took 40 moves to win the Easy
Level. And it was only because of Tactics that Rybka win.

Earlier Rybka used to get a Queen up rill end game comes. But now
Rybka was just a Bishop up when end game came. Later it got the Queen
and win.

Rybka sacrificed its pawn and after 14 ply got a knight extra by
piinning GetClub knight.

It was a wonderful game.

Game Played between sanjay11 and easy at GetClub.com

Rybka : (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...245&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Rybka ) -- (easy)

1. d2-d4{22} Ng8-f6{0}
2. c2-c4{20} e7-e6{0}
3. Nb1-c3{180} Bf8-b4{0}
4. Qd1-c2{10} d7-d5{0}
5. c4-d5{18} Qd8-d5{24}
6. Ng1-f3{14} Nf6-e4{32}
7. e2-e3{16} b7-b6{32}
8. Bf1-d3{14} f7-f5{40}
9. Ke1-g1{14} Bb4-c3{38}
10. b2-c3{10} Bc8-b7{34}
11. c3-c4{14} Qd5-d6{68}
12. c4-c5{18} b6-c5{34}
13. d4-c5{18} Ne4-c5{20}
14. Bc1-a3{20} Nb8-d7{28}
15. Bd3-b5{18} c7-c6{26}
16. Bb5-e2{28} Ke8-g8{66}
17. Ra1-c1{14} Ra8-d8{30}
18. Ba3-c5{18} Nd7-c5{38}
19. Qc2-c5{12} Qd6-c5{28}
20. Rc1-c5{18} Rd8-d5{22}
21. Rf1-c1{16} Kg8-h8{24}
22. Nf3-g5{12} Rf8-f6{34}
23. Rc5-d5{12} e6-d5{22}
24. Rc1-b1{16} h7-h6{32}
25. Rb1-b7{10} h6-g5{40}
26. Rb7-a7{12} Kh8-h7{24}
27. a2-a4{14} f5-f4{36}
28. a4-a5{10} f4-e3{54}
29. f2-e3{14} Rf6-e6{28}
30. Be2-d3{14} Kh7-h6{26}
31. Ra7-a8{26} g7-g6{40}
32. a5-a6{14} Re6-e7{30}
33. a6-a7{14} Re7-h7{20}
34. Bd3-a6{16} g5-g4{30}
35. Ba6-b7{16} g4-g3{80}
36. h2-g3{14} d5-d4{34}
37. Ra8-b8{12} Rh7-b7{30}
38. Rb8-b7{14} d4-e3{60}
39. Qa7-a8{Q}{14} e3-e2{38}
40. Qa8-f8{14} Kh6-g5{0}
Rybka : (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...245&game=Chess

Yes, GetClub made a few tactical mistakes but I think there were no
strategical mistakes. Rybka was having hard time in getting a plus
position.

GetClub developed its pieces and was attacking Rybka having white
pieces.

But through long calculations Rybka sacrificed its pawn and then
pinned the Easy levels knight.

Do you see any mistake in GetClubs game. Please note it is just Easy
Level which played so good. So now Normal & Master Level are going to
play much stronger games.

Bye
Sanny

Old May 26th 08, 10:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default Game with Help Bot.

Help Bot played with Master level and win the game in 64 moves.

Master Level was white but due to some error do not play the opening
moves. Instead it played Nc3 as the forst move by Calculating. Still
it gave good opposition to Help Bot.

Help Bot 2 days back beat Advance Level but now the game has improved
So It was difficult for him to get a quick win and he has to play till
64 moves to get a win.

GetClub play a much strong game and I hope now Help Bot will play with
Advance Level which will be very difficult for him to win as the game
is much improved now.

Game Played between help bot and master at GetClub.com

help bot: (Black)
master: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...299&game=Chess

White -- Black
(master) -- (help bot)

1. Nb1-c3{370} d7-d5{10}
2. d2-d4{518} Bc8-f5{18}
3. Bc1-f4{402} e7-e6{16}
4. e2-e3{342} Ng8-f6{18}
5. Bf1-d3{426} Bf5-g6{52}
6. Ng1-f3{722} a7-a6{130}
7. Nf3-e5{502} Bg6-d3{22}
8. Qd1-d3{452} Nb8-d7{46}
9. Ke1-g1{632} Nd7-e5{66}
10. d4-e5{366} Nf6-h5{64}
11. g2-g4{370} Nh5-f4{52}
12. e3-f4{640} h7-h5{32}
13. g4-g5{442} g7-g6{16}
14. Rf1-d1{600} Bf8-e7{126}
15. Ra1-b1{336} Ke8-f8{148}
16. b2-b4{344} b7-b5{64}
17. Rb1-b2{458} Kf8-g7{38}
18. Qd3-d4{644} c7-c6{100}
19. f4-f5{466} g6-f5{86}
20. h2-h4{410} a6-a5{78}
21. a2-a3{392} a5-b4{96}
22. a3-b4{588} Ra8-a6{84}
23. Rb2-b3{440} Qd8-a8{36}
24. Nc3-e2{586} Ra6-a2{72}
25. Qd4-c3{414} Kg7-f8{208}
26. Ne2-d4{474} Ra2-a6{42}
27. Rb3-b1{766} Kf8-e8{30}
28. Rb1-a1{392} Ke8-d7{78}
29. Ra1-a6{392} Qa8-a6{6}
30. Rd1-d3{414} Rh8-c8{92}
31. Qc3-b2{562} Rc8-a8{64}
32. Kg1-h2{352} Qa6-a2{82}
33. Qb2-c1{506} Qa2-a1{86}
34. Qc1-a1{448} Ra8-a1{16}
35. c2-c3{370} Ra1-a3{74}
36. Kh2-g3{550} Be7-d8{176}
37. f2-f3{374} Bd8-c7{60}
38. f3-f4{434} Bc7-b6{46}
39. Nd4-c2{348} Ra3-a2{60}
40. Nc2-e3{410} Bb6-e3{122}
41. Rd3-e3{550} c6-c5{56}
42. b4-c5{666} Kd7-c6{84}
43. Kg3-f3{414} Kc6-c5{38}
44. Re3-d3{742} Kc5-c4{56}
45. Rd3-d1{450} Ra2-a3{66}
46. Rd1-d4{356} Kc4-c3{38}
47. Rd4-d1{486} b5-b4{88}
48. Kf3-e2{682} Ra3-a2{40}
49. Ke2-e3{612} b4-b3{30}
50. Rd1-d3{404} Kc3-c4{82}
51. Rd3-d4{430} Kc4-c5{44}
52. Rd4-d1{380} b3-b2{416}
53. Rd1-b1{400} Kc5-c4{42}
54. g5-g6{444} Kc4-c3{42}
55. g6-g7{424} Ra2-a8{52}
56. Rb1-f1{402} Ra8-g8{20}
57. Ke3-f2{536} Kc3-c2{22}
58. Kf2-f3{430} Qb2-b1{Q}{24}
59. Rf1-b1{342} Kc2-b1{10}
60. Kf3-f2{484} Kb1-c2{26}
61. Kf2-g2{478} d5-d4{78}
62. Kg2-g3{598} d4-d3{92}
63. Kg3-g2{324} d3-d2{12}
64. Kg2-h2{4}
help bot: (Black)
master: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...299&game=Chess

What were the moves by GetClub that were not good and could have been
avoided.

Bye
Sanny

Old May 27th 08, 10:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On May 26, 5:01 am, Sanny wrote:

Help Bot played with Master level and win the game in 64 moves.

Master Level was white but due to some error do not play the opening
moves. Instead it played Nc3 as the forst move by Calculating. Still
it gave good opposition to Help Bot.

Help Bot 2 days back beat Advance Level but now the game has improved
So It was difficult for him to get a quick win and he has to play till
64 moves to get a win.

Against computers it is not a good idea to play
for a "quick win". In fact, I made no attempt to
try and win *quickly*, apart from my usual dread
of the never-ending battle in which I die of old age
in mid-game.

GetClub play a much strong game and I hope now Help Bot will play with
Advance Level which will be very difficult for him to win as the game
is much improved now.

It is interesting how the program can be "improved"
dramatically so many, many, many, many times.

Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
View Recorded Game:http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...299&game=Chess

White -- Black
(master) -- (help bot)

View Recorded Game:http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...299&game=Chess

What were the moves by GetClub that were not good and could have been
avoided.

I ran this through a computer analysis, and if we
ignore the smaller things and try to focus on just
the really big mistakes...

Nothing much happened in the first ten moves,
during which White had a small edge.

Move 11. g4 turned things around, and now
Black got an advantage due to White's exposed
King. The computer did not like my moves--
....g6, ...Kf8, and has it *level* at move 15.

Obviously, p-f5 threw away a pawn, and Black
has the advantage as a result-- unless White
can whip up an attack on the Black King.

Again, the computer rejected my King
maneuver back to the center in favor of sharp
tactics involving the sacrifice of pawns; now
we are back to about even.

Now, I missed a nice, *simple* tactical shot:
28. ... Kd7?? 29. Rxa6 Qxa6 30. Nxf5!, and
White is on top. But instead, the Master level
played 30. Rd3-- missing an obvious tactic.

From that point forward, White gained no
counterattack on the Black King and thus was
doomed to lose. My advantage grew and grew,
until at last it was so large that even when I
failed to see that White had advanced his g-
pawn, it made no real difference! I mistakenly
assumed that White must have moved his
King, since I detected no significant change in
position, but in fact White had played p-g6!

Just as I had expected, in the endgame it is
no-contest; my vastly superior understanding
overwhelmed the program (although I missed
a simple tactical shot earlier!).

-- help bot

Old May 27th 08, 01:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

help bot wrote:
On May 26, 5:01 am, Sanny wrote:

Help Bot played with Master level and win the game in 64 moves.

Master Level was white but due to some error do not play the opening
moves. Instead it played Nc3 as the forst move by Calculating. Still
it gave good opposition to Help Bot.

Odd that it likes Nc3. Looks suspiciously like it thinks defending the Q
is a benefit of this move (a quirk it shares with an old VAX chess prog)..

Help Bot 2 days back beat Advance Level but now the game has improved
So It was difficult for him to get a quick win and he has to play till
64 moves to get a win.

Against computers it is not a good idea to play
for a "quick win". In fact, I made no attempt to
try and win *quickly*, apart from my usual dread
of the never-ending battle in which I die of old age
in mid-game.

GetClub play a much strong game and I hope now Help Bot will play with
Advance Level which will be very difficult for him to win as the game
is much improved now.

It is interesting how the program can be "improved"
dramatically so many, many, many, many times.

It was not doing to badly though and it might even have had you if it
had spotted either or the *two* viable continuations at move 30.

Now, I missed a nice, *simple* tactical shot:
28. ... Kd7?? 29. Rxa6 Qxa6 30. Nxf5!, and
White is on top. But instead, the Master level
played 30. Rd3-- missing an obvious tactic.

Rd3 isn't just missing an obvious tactic it is miles off the pace. Rd3
ranked 20/35. More than half of all the moves are better! But only two
really stand out. Shredder looked at this position overnight and
confirmed my instinct that Ra1! was the clearest win followed by Nxf5
and with g6 just about holding a draw (nothing else is viable).

Nxf5 is the one I would expect a computer to go for since it gets to
snatch material for free. Needs ony a few plys to find and it would have
put it ahead. Why did the program ignore this obvious move?

Moreover it could also have played the even more aggressive Ra1
attacking blacks Q and claiming the open QR file to break into your side
of the board.

From that point forward, White gained no
counterattack on the Black King and thus was
doomed to lose. My advantage grew and grew,

Indeed it does seem to lose the plot completely in the endgame.

To be fair I think the program has improved. It very nearly had you in
this game (and if it had been properly tactically aware at move 30 it
should have won). That is a big change from slowly but inexorably losing
(which was most often the case in earlier incarnations).

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old May 27th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

* Just as I had expected, in the endgame it is
no-contest; my vastly superior understanding
overwhelmed the program (although I missed
a simple tactical shot earlier!).

Yes you play better than Advance Level and Master Level was playing
with the strength of Advance Level. So I think now you should try the
Advance Level as you qualified the Master Level.

Lets see if Advance level can bend you or not.

Bye
Sanny

Old May 28th 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

help bot wrote:
On May 26, 5:01 am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

From that point forward, White gained no
counterattack on the Black King and thus was
doomed to lose. My advantage grew and grew,

Indeed it does seem to lose the plot completely in the endgame.

To be fair I think the program has improved. It very nearly had you in
this game (and if it had been properly tactically aware at move 30 it
should have won). That is a big change from slowly but inexorably
losing (which was most often the case in earlier incarnations).

Regards,
Martin Brown

(apologies if this appears twce the first via Teranews vanished into
the ether)
Old May 28th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

To be fair I think the program has improved. It very nearly had you in
this game (and if it had been properly tactically aware at move 30 it
should have won). That is a big change from slowly but inexorably
losing (which was most often the case in earlier incarnations).

Here is another game between Help Bot and Normal Level.

I do not understand why in 18th move Normal Level do not take the Rook
with Bishop instead it took a Pawn?

Game Played between help bot and normal at GetClub.com

help bot: (Black)
normal: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...335&game=Chess

White -- Black
(normal) -- (help bot)

1. e2-e4{0} c7-c5{12}
2. Ng1-f3{0} Ng8-f6{8}
3. e4-e5{164} Nf6-d5{10}
4. Nb1-c3{198} Nd5-c3{38}
5. d2-c3{214} g7-g6{62}
6. Bf1-c4{80} Nb8-c6{26}
7. Bc1-f4{84} Bf8-g7{24}
8. Qd1-d3{126} Ke8-g8{28}
9. Ke1-g1{108} a7-a6{78}
10. Rf1-d1{104} b7-b6{126}
11. a2-a3{340} Ra8-a7{90}
12. Ra1-b1{304} Qd8-c7{108}
13. Qd3-e4{172} e7-e6{110}
14. Rd1-d6{136} Nc6-e7{158}
15. Nf3-h4{156} b6-b5{88}
16. Bc4-b3{134} c5-c4{174}
17. Bf4-e3{92} c4-b3{64}
18. c2-b3{84} Ra7-b7{100} {It should have taken the Rook with Bishop.}
19. Rb1-d1{88} Ne7-c6{120}
20. Nh4-f3{86} Nc6-e7{176}
21. g2-g4{110} Rb7-b8{154}
22. Nf3-g5{126} h7-h6{100}
23. Ng5-f3{106} Bc8-b7{42}
24. Qe4-f4{80} Ne7-d5{198}
25. Rd1-d5{110} Bb7-d5{74}
26. Kg1-f1{96} Bd5-f3{198}
27. Qf4-f3{190} Bg7-e5{78}
28. Rd6-a6{112} Be5-g7{80}
29. Be3-f4{108} Qc7-b7{46}
30. Qf3-b7{134} Rb8-b7{10}
31. Bf4-d6{144} Rf8-c8{32}
32. Kf1-g1{158} Kg8-h7{58}
33. Bd6-f4{122} Rc8-c6{38}
34. Ra6-a8{100} f7-f5{48}
35. g4-f5{118} g6-f5{12}
36. Ra8-e8{106} Kh7-g6{62}
37. h2-h3{180} Kg6-f7{20}
38. Re8-d8{158} e6-e5{40}
39. Bf4-e3{142} Bg7-f6{52}
40. Rd8-a8{120} Bf6-g5{54}
41. Kg1-g2{102} f5-f4{22}
42. Ra8-a7{134} f4-e3{76}
43. Ra7-b7{104} e3-e2{28}
44. f2-f4{92} Qe2-e1{Q}{32}
45. f4-g5{146} Rc6-g6{36}
46. Rb7-d7{108} Kf7-e6{10}
47. h3-h4{110} Ke6-d7{14}
48. b3-b4{210} Kd7-e6{34}
49. Kg2-f3{234} Ke6-f5{20}
50. Kf3-g2{16}
help bot: (Black)
normal: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...335&game=Chess

Why Normal Level took Knight giving its Rook in 24th move?

It looks like Normal Level is doing a lot of calculation mistakes.
What do you think?

Bye
Sanny

Old May 29th 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On May 28, 6:23*pm, Sanny wrote:
To be fair I think the program has improved. It very nearly had you in
this game (and if it had been properly tactically aware at move 30 it
should have won). That is a big change from slowly but inexorably
losing (which was most often the case in earlier incarnations).

Here is another game between Help Bot and Normal Level.

I do not understand why in 18th move Normal Level do not take the Rook
with Bishop instead it took a Pawn?

Surprisingly it managed to see that if

18. Bxa7 bxc2 19. Rc1 Qxa7 20. Nf3 Bb7 21. Qd3 BxN gxB 22. Qa8

with its kingside now in a bit of a mess. And the pawn on c2 is a
nasty threat.

Game Played between help bot and normal at GetClub.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
help bot: (Black)
normal: (White)
Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
View Recorded Game:http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...335&game=Chess
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----

White -- Black
(normal) -- (help bot)

1. e2-e4{0} c7-c5{12}
2. Ng1-f3{0} Ng8-f6{8}
3. e4-e5{164} Nf6-d5{10}
4. Nb1-c3{198} Nd5-c3{38}
5. d2-c3{214} g7-g6{62}
6. Bf1-c4{80} Nb8-c6{26}
7. Bc1-f4{84} Bf8-g7{24}
8. Qd1-d3{126} Ke8-g8{28}
9. Ke1-g1{108} a7-a6{78}

9. Qe3 and white has a sporting chance.

10. Rf1-d1{104} b7-b6{126}
11. a2-a3{340} Ra8-a7{90}
12. Ra1-b1{304} Qd8-c7{108}

12. Qe3 is still OK.

13. Qd3-e4{172} e7-e6{110}

13. Qe3 or Re1 would hold it.

14. Rd1-d6{136} Nc6-e7{158}
15. Nf3-h4{156} b6-b5{88}
16. Bc4-b3{134} c5-c4{174}
17. Bf4-e3{92} c4-b3{64}

Be3???? And it is lemming over the cliff time! Nothing like good
enough.
Only the obvious move Ba2 is viable here.

18. c2-b3{84} Ra7-b7{100} {It should have taken the Rook with Bishop.}
19. Rb1-d1{88} Ne7-c6{120}

19. ... Nd5 looks better to me.

Continuing.

21. Rxa6 (a6 is en prise)
and again later
26. Rxa6 (en prise)

Why Normal Level took Knight giving its Rook in 24th move?

Who can tell?? You wrote the program. What did Getclub have as its PV?

It looks like Normal Level is doing a lot of calculation mistakes.
What do you think?

It has alway looked that way. Normal service has been resumed.
I thought you had improved it from looking at the earlier game, but it
must have been a fluke.

Regards,
Martin Brown