Old July 15th 03, 06:35 PM
Altes Wiesel

Default Where are the Finances? Another Attempt to "Influence" the Election

There have been some attempts to "influence" the election this time. For
example, there was the hope that many people wouldn't find out that the
ballot needed 47 cents to make it in. But another obvious -- attempt just
occurred to me.

This is from the USCF website:

a.. April 2003 Financial Statements are available in Microsoft Excel
format, updated as of May 16.
b.. March 2003 Financial Statements are available in Microsoft Excel
format, updated as of April 22.
c.. February 2003 Financial Statements are available in Microsoft Excel
format, updated as of March 19.
d.. January 2003 Financial Statements are available in Microsoft Excel
format, updated as of February 21.
The financial statements for each month were available by no later than the
22nd of the following month. Here it is July 15, 45 days after May month
end, TWICE AS LONG as those other months, and no May financial statements.
Don Schulz and the reds have been claiming that things will be better. I
suspect the May month end -- the YEAR END -- would have shown otherwise --
so it hasn't been released yet, because it would have hurt the Schulz
candidacy.

Old July 15th 03, 08:46 PM
Mike Nolan

"Altes Wiesel" writes:

The financial statements for each month were available by no later than the
22nd of the following month. Here it is July 15, 45 days after May month
end, TWICE AS LONG as those other months, and no May financial statements.
Don Schulz and the reds have been claiming that things will be better. I
suspect the May month end -- the YEAR END -- would have shown otherwise --
so it hasn't been released yet, because it would have hurt the Schulz
candidacy.

I sympathize, and the Finance Committee is getting restless, too.

I think Frank is holding off on releasing 12 month unaudited financials,
preferring to wait for audited data instead.

He's in Tennessee today, if I can reach him, I'll ask if the audit exit
meeting has been scheduled yet. Assuming the audit is on track (which
at last report it was), I would expect the audit to be available around
the end of next week.

Unlike last year, Frank has indicated that he doesn't expect any huge
auditor's adjustment this year. (Last year there was a big change in
the final cost of goods vs the estimated number and there were several
changes in membership revenue categories though I think they mostly netted
out, plus a number of prior period adjustments.)

Unaudited 12 month figures for May 31, 2002 were never released, either,
which is probably a good thing because I suspect they would have suggested
a much smaller loss than the actual audited numbers.

However, I don't understand how the financial results would affect the Schultz
candidacy, as he isn't on the Board.
--
Mike Nolan
Old July 15th 03, 09:45 PM
Altes Wiesel

"Mike Nolan" wrote in message
"Altes Wiesel" writes:

SNIP

However, I don't understand how the financial results would affect the

Schultz
candidacy, as he isn't on the Board.
--
Mike Nolan

All red material emanates from Don or Bill. When Don speaks, Bob Smith's
lips move. When Don speaks, Sam Sloan writes. When Bill moves his hand,
Frank Brady's knee jerks. Surely you aren't so naive as to believe
otherwise, are you?

If the financial plan of the current administration doesn't work, we all
know that Don and Bill are the people to hold accountable.