Old May 30th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Krush Speaks Out In CL Online

Ms Krush writes:
People have pointed out that I should have registered my protest during
the game, or immediately after. Unfortunately, while I was certainly in
disbelief as I watched my opponent complete 3 moves with her last
remaining second and saw myself lose on time despite starting out with a
large time lead, during the game and immediately after, I had no clear
grasp of how she had accomplished this. It happened too quickly for me
to understand, but that doesnít mean that it didnít happen, and that it
should be ignored.

While Ms. Krush may have been in a state of disbelief, the rules are
clear that it was HER obligation to protest during the game or
immediately thereafter. She did not and offers no reason why she could
not protest. Questions for Ms. Krush. Who was your second in this
tournament? Why didn't your second advise you to immediately return to
the playing venue to file a protest?

An injustice that wasnít brought to light at the moment it occurred is
no less of an injustice. Moreover, in our particular situation, it is
not an injustice that is difficult to redress. As no one in our
tournament was in any way affected by our playoff, no games need to be
replayed, no scores adjusted, no ratings recalculated- all that needs to
be changed is the way the ending of this story is told.

There is no injustice if Ms. Krush failed to follow the rules regarding
a timely protest. While the Armageddon blitz solution to a tie may be
less than ideal, it was a method agreed to by the tournament
participants when entering the tournament.

Ms. Krush and her second(s) failed to make a timely protest. Had they
made a timely protest there is no guarantee that such a protest would be
upheld. As a high school coach of mine once told a complainer, go to the
locker room, throw up, and get over it.