Old July 16th 03, 06:49 PM
Recmate

Default OMOV election: 1822 ballots

The sorting of ballots by USCF Region is continuing in USCF's first OMOV
Executive Board election. 1822 ballots were received, a lot more than Bruce
Draney and other skeptics predicted.

The counting is expected to start later today and last at least one more day.

NOTE TO BRUCE: I have not yet visited the office today and received my
information by phone. You are allowed to call too, if you wish. The phone
number is 845-562-8350.

Bill Goichberg
Old July 16th 03, 07:24 PM
ASCACHESS

The sorting of ballots by USCF Region is continuing in USCF's first OMOV
Executive Board election. 1822 ballots were received, a lot more than Bruce
Draney and other skeptics predicted.

Wow.
Bill knows how many ballots were cast and now they are being divided by region.
Is it 5pm on the 16th already?

Is the accounting firm doing this?

What about the votes that show up at the accountants tomorrow on the 17th?

Will they stil be counted?

I figure I better go right to the top and ask Bill Goichberg :-)

Richard Peterson

Old July 16th 03, 07:25 PM
Fifiela

1822 Hooray!
Old July 16th 03, 08:26 PM
Duncan Oxley

That's not a bad turnout. I was expecting about half that number.

Good news.

Duncan

Old July 16th 03, 11:09 PM
StanB

"ASCACHESS" wrote in message

Wow.
Bill knows how many ballots were cast and now they are being divided by

region.
Is it 5pm on the 16th already?

No but the mail has been delivered for today.

Is the accounting firm doing this?

Yes, they collected and delivered the ballots.

What about the votes that show up at the accountants tomorrow on the 17th?

Since no votes have come in in the past few days probably won't be any
tomorrow either.

Will they stil be counted?

If any show up.

StanB

Old July 17th 03, 01:05 AM
John Fernandez

1822 Hooray!

That's what, 4% turnout? I don't know what's sadder, that we're cheering about
this, or that it beat practically everyone's guesses.

John Fernandez
Old July 17th 03, 02:41 AM
RSHaas

"Anything that is less than 6 percent turnout is a failure." (Lance Smith)
Nawww, 1822 (4+%) is pretty good... enough to beat most of the old guard.
(RSHaas)
Old July 17th 03, 03:20 AM
John Fernandez

It was a 100% turnout of those who wanted to vote.

How do we know that for sure? I sure don't.

John Fernandez