Old June 12th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Default Greetings from Beantown

Actually, I am in Boston right now, but thanks for everyone who has
tried to guess where I am. I find it interested that EVERYONE who
disagrees with Ed Labate must be a "clone of me". Here is a classic
Labate email (trimmed excessively) where he accuses Gregory, the guy
who is the admin for Susan Polgar's Blog and website, of being me

P.S. You can find Greg he http://www.blogger.com/profile/11434512684227326100
and he http://chessdiscussion.com/phpBB3/index.php under "gregory"
in red.

But don't let that fool "Crazy Eddie" Labate, who is ALWAYS right,
even when the facts whack him in the ass.

=======
Oh help...

Gregory is Ed Trice!? You are off of your rocker bud.

Kindly leave me out of this.

Gregory

Old June 13th 08, 06:21 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Why would anyone care where Ed Trice except for service??

Does Ed Trice every complete a paragraph without LYING?

"From:
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 00:23:24 -0400
Subject: 3rd request
CC:

I'll save you a great deal of effort.

I rescinded my US Citizenship in July of 2006 when the Fischer-Kaprov
match took shape and we accumulated over $20 million in pledged
European airing contracts should the event take place. I did so under
advice of my attorneys at Hodgson Russ LLC, who said any moneys I
receive as a US citizen could be in jeopardy otherwise.

It was a recalcitrant process to swear allegiance to the Crown, which
took a tremendous amount of effort to overcome the coddling request
maintain dual citizenship. I did so as a single citizen of England,
and England only. I managed to complete the ordeal in a record timely
fashion. I own property in the West End of London, I've been 'on the
books' as a full time consultant and contractor there, and I am
still,
in every respect, an English citizen with a British Passport
currently
on American soil.

I have not, as of yet, re-patriated myself.

So make all the noise you want, I'm not motivated in any way to
respond.

Subsequent contact will be forwarded to the local police and I will
file complaints of Misdemeanor Harassment. You have been warned."

Oh really??

Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:14 PM
To: Edward Labate
Subject: "I am still, in every respect, an English citizen with a

British Passport currently on American soil."

Hi Edward,

This is another laughable lie from Trice. It takes years to become a
British citizen (I have never even heard of the term "English
citizen"
before).

Take a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_citi..._of_British_ci...

If Trice married a British woman he could become a British citizen
after three years IF HE LIVED IN BRITAIN!

If Trice was not married to a British woman he would need to live in
Britain for five years.

These figures are a minimum requirement, it generally takes a great
deal longer and one thing they are very keen on is that the person is
working for a British company, has skills that are needed and intends
to live and work in the UK.

And of course, how could Trice get by this: "All applicants for
naturalisation must be of "good character". I guess being a terminal
liar makes you something of a 'character'?!

It is laughable that Trice thinks he could renounce his American
citizenship and become British just like that.

Speak to you soon."

The relevent portion:

"British citizenship by naturalisation:
The requirements for naturalisation as a British citizen depend on
whether one is married to a British citizen or not.

For those married to a British citizen the applicant must:

hold indefinite leave to remain in the UK (or an "equivalent (for
this
purpose) such as Right of Abode, Irish citizenship, or permanent
residency as a citizen of an EU/EEA)
have lived legally in the UK for three years
show sufficient knowledge of life in the UK, either by passing the
Life in the United Kingdom test or by attending combined English
language and citizenship classes. Proof of this must be supplied with
one's application for naturalisation. Exemption from this and the
language requirement (see below) is normally granted for those aged
65
or over, and may be granted to those aged between 60 and 65
meet specified English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic language competence
standards. Those who pass the Life in the UK test are deemed to meet
English language requirements
For those not married to a British citizen the requirements a

five years legal residence in the UK
indefinite leave to remain or "equivalent" for this purpose (see
above) must have been held for 12 months
the applicant must intend to continue to live in the UK or work
overseas for the UK government or a British corporation or
association
the same language and knowledge of life in the UK standards apply as
for those married to British citizens
All applicants for naturalisation must be of "good character".
Naturalisation is at the discretion of the relevant authority but is
normally granted if the requirements are met.

Those applying for British citizenship in the Channel Islands and
Isle
of Man (where the application is mainly based on residence in the
Crown Dependencies rather than the UK itself) do not have to sit the
Life in the UK Test under policies in effect as of August 2006. In
due
course, it is expected that Regulations will be introduced to that
effect in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. The provisions for
proving knowledge of English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic remain
unchanged until that date for applicants in the Crown Dependencies.
In
the rare cases where an applicant is able to apply for naturalisation
from outside the United Kingdom, a paper based version of the Life in
the UK Test may be available at a British diplomatic mission. Details
(pdf)"

Ed Trice...how about posting an image of your British Passport on
your
website...as well as some of the documents you must obviously have in
your possession from the US Government granting your request to give
up US citizenship. You post an ebay auction, but won’t post
supporting documentation of renouncing US citizenship, and your new
British Passport, along with supporting documentation.

Additionally, if you were a English Citizen in 2006, how do you lose
court case in 2007, costing you $25,000.00.
http://webapp.montcopa.org/PSI/Viewe...Q9MjAwNTQ2Njk1...
I guess allegience to the crown didn't save your 'English'
wallet??

And here's another email I received while typing up this response:

Old June 13th 08, 08:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:08 PM
To: Edward Labate
Subject: Trice arrested!

Hi Edward,

I can't make head or tail of this one:
http://tinyurl.com/4u4ne9

It's definitely "our" Ed Trice. If I read it correctly, he was
arrested for harassment of some kind, appealed, and was found not
guilty.

Best wishes,

Jon
Old June 15th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Here is a message that Trice posted on chessgames.com just before the
eBay auction for "My 61 Memorable Games" in December 2007:

"Ed Trice: Not only is that old news, he is doing much better.
Furthermore, his new book is being printed right now. A new email
address can reach the man in direct contact with him regarding
resellers who wish to order it. This is for people who will order 100
or more copies of it at a time for resale. If some of you want to
"ask
the man" anything, coming directly from him himself, get on this
list.
Maybe if you order 10 books at a discount and get 9 other people to
do
the same, one of you can collect the order money and make a reseller
purchase of 100 books. For all serious inquires, send an email to
and I will help move this along. NOTE: All I
did was hook Fischer up with a reliable printer, I don't have the
book, I don't have access to the book, I just helped him out when
everyone else turned their backs on him."

This doesn't really gel with what Trice now claims his involvement
was, does it?

Especially since he was taking advantage of a dying Bobby Fischer,
knowing that Bobby was so ill, he would be unable to protect his own
rights. That's what chessplayer should never forget...Ed Trice
scamming a dying man!! Does it get any lower?

Old June 17th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

On May 8th, I, Edward Labate, through my attorney Alfred T. Newell,
mailed Ed Trice/Gothic Chess the following 'Demand For Retraction',

ALFRED T. NEWELL, IV
ATTORNEY AT LAW
P. O. Box 101432
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35210-6432
PHONE (205) 956-8281
FAX (205) 951-2855

NOTICE OF DEMAND FOR RETRACTION

TO: ED TRICE
GOTHIC CHESS ASSOCIATION
1735 MARKET STREET SUITE A-456
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103

DEAR ED TRICE:

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE THAT THE UNDERSIGNED REPRESENTS EDWARD LABATE.

ON THE 1st DAY OF FEBRUARY, 2008 THROUGH THE 7TH DAY OF
MAY, 2008 YOU PUBLISHED FALSE AND DEFAMATORY REMARKS BY PUBLISHING
ARTICLES, LETTERS, EMAILS, OR MATTER, COPIES OF WHICH ARE ATTACHED
HERETO REGARDING EDWARD LABATE;

1] IN THAT YOU SAID “Ed Labate = "Helgi" from "My 61 Memorable
Games”,
NOW ESTABLISHED AS A BOOK PUBLISHING HOAX;

2] ALSO ACCUSED EDWARD LABATE OF SELLING A FRAUDULENT BOBBY FISCHER
AUTOGRAPHED BOOK, MY 60 MEMORABLE GAMES;

3] ALSO ACCUSED EDWARD LABATE OF BEING THE PERPATRATOR OF THE ‘My 61
Memorable Games’ HOAX TO THE POINT OF ACTUALLY PRINTING A VERY LARGE
QUANTITY OF SAID BOOKS AND THEN SHIPPING THEM TO EUROPE;

4] ALSO ACCUSED EDWARD LABATE OF POSTING FRAUDLENT CORRESPONDENCE
WITH
YOU ON HIS WEBSITE;

5] ALSO STATED YOU ARE IN POSSESSION OF "...an AOL representative's
letter stating they were spoofed, fabricated entirely by Labate."

6] ALSO ACCUSED EDWARD LABATE OF FABRICATING AND 'DOCTORING'
CORRESPONDENCE FROM OTHER CONTACTS;

7] ALSO ACCUSED EDWARD LABATE OF FABRICATING EMAILS WITH CATHY PURDY
OF BOOKMASTERS, YOUR CONTACT PERSON WHEN YOU YOURSELF INQUIRED ABOUT
PRINTING ‘My 61 Memorable Games’ IN THE SUMMER OF 2007.

8] ALSO ACCUSED EDWARD LABATE OF FABRICATING YOUR ATTEMPTS TO PROCURE
INVESTORS FOR YOUR UNATHORIZED PRINTING OF ‘My 61 Memorable Games’,
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FRANK CAMARATTA, BRUCE TOWELL, ETC.

9] ALSO STATED YOU SUCCESSFULLY HAD THE LIMESTONE COUNTY SHERIFF
VISIT
EDWARD LABATE ON OR ABOUT JAN. 17, 2008, AT HIS 'RESIDENCE' WHEREIN
HE
HAD NOT RESIDED SINCE JUNE 2007;

10] ALSO YOU POSTED ON CHESSGAMES.COM;
"Labate, you're the liar who fabricated EVERYTHING on that
page. And since you don't know what "per se defamation" is, you've
been invited to Philadelphia to learn all about it.
You claim the sheriff never visited your house, yet why then,
did you remove the slander from your eBay auction one day later? I
called and spoke with "Pat" (who answers their phone) many times. I
called the local police on you because HARASSMENT is the first item
that needs filing before civil proceedings commence. And the local
police told me it was a Limestone County issue, since the mudhole you
live in does not dispatch officers to your location. That's already
on
the ledger, first thing's first.
I've already have had an arbitration board convene to assess
damages at $1000 per day for each day you have that b.s. on your
page.
I've asked you to remove it, you've refused (God knows what you have
to gain by it) so now each day from the first day of contact will be
money in my pocket. I've already negotiated 50 cents on the dollar to
a firm that buys civil judgments. Let's see where you'll move to
next,
since you have gone bankrupt in California."

SAID REMARKS, ARTICLES, LETTERS OR EMAILS WERE PUBLISHED TO THE
GENERAL PUBLIC AND STILL REMAIN POSTED TO THIS DAY UNDER your name of
Ed Trice, as well as your numerous aliases, including but not limited
to, 'James', 'Mark', 'Paul Mugno', 'Blood of Bulls', 'ChessV'; 'Alan
McCormick', 'GothicChessInventor'; 'AverageWoodpusher';

to numerous websites but not limited to; chessgames.com;
chessninja.com; NY Times Daily Blog; ChessVibes.com; uschess.org;
redhotpawn.com, polgarchess.com; GothicChess.com; etc.;

to NUMEROUS CONTACTS BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FRANK CAMARATTA, House of
Staunton; DAN HEISMAN, Chess Master, Teacher, and Chess Columnist;
CATHY PURDY, Printer/Bookmasters; Ed Hall, US Chess Executive
Director, etc.

PURSUANT TO CODE OF ALABAMA, 1975, 6-5-186, I HEREBY DEMAND THAT YOU
PUBLISH A FULL AND FAIR RETRACTION OF SUCH ACCUSATIONS IN AN EQUALLY
PUBLIC AND PROMINENT PLACE AND MANNER WITHIN FIVE (5) DAYS OF YOUR
RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER.

DATED THIS 7TH DAY OF MAY, 2008.

SINCERELY YOURS,

_______________________________________

ALFRED T. NEWELL, IV
ATTORNEY AT LAW

which was received and signed for on May 12, 2008. Instead of Ed
Trice retracting all his lies, he continues to provide more counts
for
my lawsuit.

Therefore, we have no choice and are proceeding with a Multi-Million
Lawsuit against Ed Trice for libel/defamation. As anyone who has
been
involved in a lawsuit know, the first thing each side files are
discoveries and requests for depositions. This is where the 'fun'
now
starts. Everything you say in these are considered 'under oath' and
false statement are criminal acts, punishable by fines and jail time.
For example Ed Trice claims that I had 'My 61 Memorable Games'
printed. Our very first question will be for Ed Trice to provide
proof of this statement. Now let's see whose story changes, and
whose
story remains the same!!

Additionally, anyone receiving this notice and publishes Ed Trice's
lies, will also be held accountable. I am sick and tired of these
last six months having to deal with this scumbag Trice, who can't
seem
to read a damn thing presented to him. I have never, ever dealt
with
such a low life in my 53 years. And yes, some of you will be getting
letters as to your communication with Ed Trice. I'm sorry, but I
didn't bring this on, Ed Trice did.

I will admit it, I have only one goal:

To destroy Ed Trice for lying about me, and for taking advantage of a
dying Bobby Fischer!! Bobby Fischer is on his deathbed, and Ed Trice
is claiming he's got Fischer's permission to reprint My 61 Memorable
Games. FOLKS: Is there a lower LOWLIFE in the chess community than
Ed Trice???

Edward Labate

June 17, 2008

Old June 17th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Rob
"Looks as if you may become the owner of the Gothic Chess patent. Any
plans for it?"

Yeah...put it up on ebay with an opening bid of 1 cent, and a buy-it-
now of 2 cents... and hope I don't get sued for overstating it's
value!!!

Best Wishes,
Edward Labate

[...]

butt, one obviously has struck his brain.- Hide quoted text -

Wonder if the documents have reached Mr. Trice?
Old June 19th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob Rob is offline

On Jun 17, 3:02*pm, Edward Labate wrote:
Rob
"Looks as if you may become the owner of the Gothic Chess patent. Any
plans for it?"

Yeah...put it up on ebay with an opening bid of 1 cent, and a buy-it-
now of 2 cents... and hope I don't get sued for overstating it's
value!!!

Best Wishes,
Edward Labate

Trice claims to work for "Four Incorporated"

really?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantast...r_Incorporated
Old June 19th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Old July 4th 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob Rob is offline

Default Ed Trice served with 21 million dollar lawsuit!

Ed Trice is being sued for 21 million dollars! Looks like that will
empty his Fischer/Gothic Chess prize fund!