Old June 15th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub Chess made Twice Better.

Today again GetClub Chess was further improved and it will play Twice
Better. This time a bug was removed.

1 week back GetClub was 16 times weaker than Normal Level. Now GetClub
Chess is just 8 times weaker than Rybka.

So The move Rybka takes 5 seconds to think, GetClub will take 5*8 = 40
Seconds.

So in 40 seconds GetClub will play same move that Rybka thinks in 5
seconds.

Still GetClub is just 8 times weaker than Rybka.

Here is a game between Rybka (5 sec / move) and GetClub Easy Level
(20-30 sec / move).

GetClub was getting 4 times more time but since GetClub is 8 times
weaker it could not stand against Rybka Tactics longer.

Easy Level lost the game in 38 moves. that was an improvement. Earlier
Easy Level could stand till just 32 moves against Rybka and we see an
increase of "6" moves due to improvements.

Game Played between Rybka and easy at GetClub.com

Rybka : (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...740&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Rybka ) -- (easy)

1. d2-d4{2} d7-d5{0}
2. c2-c4{8} e7-e6{0}
3. e2-e3{14} Ng8-f6{30}
4. Nb1-c3{20} Nb8-c6{26}
5. Ng1-f3{16} Bf8-d6{22}
6. c4-c5{24} Bd6-e7{30}
7. Bf1-d3{20} Ke8-g8{22}
8. Ke1-g1{16} Nf6-g4{20}
9. h2-h3{18} Ng4-f6{26}
10. a2-a3{14} Bc8-d7{32}
11. b2-b4{16} b7-b6{26}
12. b4-b5{18} Nc6-a5{50}
13. c5-c6{14} Bd7-c6{30}
14. b5-c6{12} Na5-c6{32}
15. Qd1-a4{16} Qd8-d6{28}
16. Bc1-d2{24} g7-g6{20}
17. Rf1-c1{30} Ra8-d8{30}
18. Nc3-b5{20} Qd6-d7{22}
19. Qa4-c2{18} Nc6-d4{36}
20. e3-d4{18} c7-c5{28}
21. Nf3-e5{16} Qd7-b7{42}
22. d4-c5{22} Be7-c5{46}
23. Bd2-h6{22} Qb7-a8{40}
24. Qc2-b2{34} Nf6-h5{20}
25. Bh6-f8{18} Rd8-f8{20}
26. Ne5-d7{24} Rf8-c8{78}
27. Qb2-e5{18} Rc8-c6{26}
28. Ra1-b1{24} a7-a6{20}
29. Rc1-c5{14} b6-c5{32}
30. Nb5-d6{12} c5-c4{22}
31. Rb1-b8{14} Qa8-b8{24}
32. Nd7-b8{6} Rc6-b6{34}
33. Nd6-f7{16} Kg8-f7{34}
34. Qe5-c7{12} Kf7-f6{20}
35. Nb8-d7{18} Kf6-g5{20}
36. Qc7-b6{12} c4-d3{46}
37. Qb6-e3{12} Kg5-h4{24}
38. g2-g3{16} Nh5-g3{0}
Rybka : (White)
easy: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...740&game=Chess

Are the Chess players seeing improvement in GetClub Game?

Do you see how good the GetClub defend its king for 38 moves?

It was Easy Level and it was taking 4 times more time than Rybka But
Rybka is 8 times stronger So Rybka had the upper hand.

I think now, Normal Level will be able to DRAW with Rybka very easily.
And may be Normal Level wins against Rybka in some games. I will have
a match against Normal Level if possible and see what happens.

Normal thinks 16 times more than Rybka. But Rybka is Only 8 times
Stronger So Normal Level will have upper hand.

Now on Help Bot will find it much difficult to win the Higher Levels.
Start a new game and see how good it plays now.

Thankyou all for your suggestions, because of which the game is so
much improved.

Bye
Sanny

Old June 15th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Here is a game between Rybka (5 sec / move) and GetClub Easy Level
(20-30 sec / move).

GetClub was getting 4 times more time but since GetClub is 8 times
weaker it could not stand against Rybka Tactics longer.

Easy Level lost the game in 38 moves. that was an improvement. Earlier
Easy Level could stand till just 32 moves against Rybka and we see an
increase of "6" moves due to improvements.

Game Played between Rybka and easy at GetClub.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----
Rybka : (White)
easy: (Black)
Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
[...]

Wow, that means it's rated about 6000 now.

Look out ChessBase, when GetClub is available to consumers, your goose
is cooked.
Old June 17th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Wow, that means it's rated about 6000 now.

The rating is now so high that 32 bit integers do not suffice.

Look out ChessBase, when GetClub is available to consumers, your goose
is cooked.

GitClub scoffs at inferior trash such as Rybka and Shredder. GitClub
doesn't even acknowledge lowlife junk such as Hiarcs and Fritz. They
are mere carrots, nay, even celery or rutabagas.

In viral fashion, the strength of GitClub doubles with every new
posting Sanny pulls out of his butt.
Old June 17th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jun 15, 12:15*am, Sanny wrote:

Still GetClub is just 8 times weaker than Rybka.

You do realize that you now only get three more "GetClub's strength
has been doubled" posts before you're engine is supposed to be equal
to Rybka, right?

Three more....

Actually, I think that if anybody did the math on the absolutely
ludicrous improvements that Sanny has claimed, that GetClub was
originally about 148,000 times weaker than Rybka.

jm
Old June 17th 08, 12:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jun 17, 8:34*am, wrote:
On Jun 15, 12:15*am, Sanny wrote:

StillGetClubis just 8 times weaker than Rybka.

You do realize that you now only get three more "GetClub'sstrength
has been doubled" posts before you're engine is supposed to be equal
to Rybka, right?

Three more....

Actually, I think that if anybody did the math on the absolutely
ludicrous improvements that Sanny has claimed, thatGetClubwas
originally about 148,000 times weaker than Rybka.

jm

Yes, 2 years Back GetClub was atleast 100,000 times weaker than Rybka.
I remember Beginner Level taking 2 hours for a move while now it plays
much stronger move in just 5 seconds.

Now, It is very difficult to improve the game further. So I do not
think GetClub can get Equal to Rybka easily. Now, I have stopped
improving the game as it is very difficult to improve it further.

Rybka is still 10-20 times Stronger than GetClub. But the comparision
is not correct Since Rybka is running on a server and GetClub on a Old
System.

If anyone has Rybka Play a game and tell me how good Normal Level
plays against Rybka.

Bye
Sanny

Old June 17th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Jun 17, 4:35*am, Sanny wrote:
On Jun 17, 8:34*am, wrote:

On Jun 15, 12:15*am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html- Hide quoted text -

I saw you say in two different posts that GetClub was now only 8 times
weaker than Rybka. You were very specific about that number. But now
you say that it is 10-20 times weaker AND that number is not correct?
Then what's the point of comparing specifically against Rybka?

Sanny, I strongly suggest to you that you just worry about improving
your engine in and of itself, and let other people make the
comparisons to other engines. You clearly have no idea how weak your
engine is.

jm
Old June 17th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Still GetClub is just 8 times weaker than Rybka.

If Rybka is rated about 3000 ELO then GitClub, being 8 times weaker,
would be rated around 375 ELO. Maybe for once Sanny has it right!
Old June 17th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
SBD SBD is offline

On Jun 17, 12:42 pm, "J.D. Walker" wrote:
wrote:
Still GetClub is just 8 times weaker than Rybka.

If Rybka is rated about 3000 ELO then GitClub, being 8 times weaker,
would be rated around 375 ELO. Maybe for once Sanny has it right!

Why would anyone want to play a program rated 375 that also cheats?
Perhaps, in the great diversity of our world, there is some strange
person that really enjoys being cheated by a chess program that plays
about as weakly as a trained chimp...

As evidenced by the popularity of Stanley Random Chess (SRC)?
Old June 18th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
Still GetClub is just 8 times weaker than Rybka.

If Rybka is rated about 3000 ELO then GitClub, being 8 times weaker,
would be rated around 375 ELO. *Maybe for once Sanny has it right!

Why would anyone want to play a program rated 375 that also cheats?
Perhaps, in the great diversity of our world, there is some strange
person that really enjoys being cheated by a chess program that plays
about as weakly as a trained chimp...

As evidenced by the popularity of Stanley Random Chess (SRC)?

Wow! Haven't heard that term in a LONG time. :-D

jm